Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Miss North Carolina

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Miss North Carolina

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:24 pm

9Steelman wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:00 pm
Anybody know how to get in touch with Carli for a a appearance at the Yadkin Valley Pumpkin Festival in Elkin NC Sept 25
The https://highpointtheatre.com/ is were the event is held about every year I do believe. I bet someone at the box office could give you a name at the theater that in turn could help you to get in touch with the organization that sponsors the event itself.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:21 pm

A girl down here found a town that didn’t have a pageant and made a donation to the Jaycees and they named her the queen of the town and she entered the state pageant never having been in a pageant before. She didn’t do well at all.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:54 am

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:21 pm
A girl down here found a town that didn’t have a pageant and made a donation to the Jaycees and they named her the queen of the town and she entered the state pageant never having been in a pageant before. She didn’t do well at all.
Not every pageant is like this but I imagine at the local level the various organizations that sponsor these seem to only have a few contestants that self-select to enter, and some cases the local winner may win by default. The state level I imagine has enough entrants to seem more "real" and of course with all the money these TV specials make there is an whole other level at that point on the national level.

This sort of reminds me of how schools, and that includes App State, will win various cheer competitions. From what little I have looked into cheer events they seem to break apart the events into so many groups a "national" title is won by besting two or three other schools.

A former school I taught at for years entered a popsicle-stick bridge building contest. We won for about 12 years in a row. For many years, though not ever year, we never had any other schools compete against us. They kept giving a small monetary gift to students for win-place-show so I continued to enter my physics students. And I continued to brag about winning. The reality is that some years we won because we had some great bridges and some years we won because we had very little competition.

Still nice to see an App State student win; be it Miss NC, a cheer competition, or on the gridiron.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”