Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Well MMB it may have been a good run here on Yosef's Cabin.

GreatAppSt
School: Appalachian State

Well MMB it may have been a good run here on Yosef's Cabin.

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:32 pm

I'm seriously thinking of retiring from MMB.

I recently started a thread on Non ASU General Discussion. A Prayer call, thoughtfulness call, because many of us fully realize the world disaster that we could be running headlong into. One member made a comment leaning toward being a political post, I'll agree. One member complained. The whole tread gets Nuked???? WTH is that for??? :evil:

I do have Moderating experience as some of you may remember. From late 2008 to late 2012 owned ran AnyGivenSaturday.com the largest FCS Football Message/Discussion and news sharing service in the Nation ever with 15,000 + subs. So I'll weigh in like this about the case above. Delete the post and the complaint post and speak with each involved about the action. Don't punish all the members discussing a topic that could effect life as we know it for generations. At times like these the founding fathers even recognized we need more speech/discussion not less.

Mods, An open response is appreciated.

Members, Friends, thread participants am I just being Butthurt? ;)

GAS

ps
Stonewall I was going to respond to you.

"It's a little surprising to me that the lights are still on in Kiev , and my friend has internet. He made it through the night and is restricted to his hotel , slept in the basement. Food is becoming a concern."

I heard and have looked up electric grid maps not sure how current(no pun intended) they were but it appears that all of Moldova and parts of eastern Poland would be put in there dark if the plug is pulled on most of Ukraine. This would be considered and act of war against both and Poland is a NATO member. long

appst89
Site Admin

Re: Well MMB it may have been a good run here on Yosef's Cabin.

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:47 pm

I’ll be happy to reply. I am on the road today with spotty cell service. I checked the board and saw all of the political posts in that thread. I moved it to keep it from going any further down that rabbit hole. My intention is to delete the political posts and restore the thread when I get to a place where I have enough time and enough signal to do so.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:02 pm

We cannot discuss politics in a civil manner because we have always been told we should not discuss politics. It's a shame really. The breakdown of our society and the inability of quite too many of us to treat one another with respect and civility is both sad and frightening.
WE ARE YOSEF!

UncleClark174

Unread post by UncleClark174 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:34 pm

Embarrassing to see that your post was taken down, but one debating Fleetwood Mac remains.

About as crazy as checking Twitter in the hours following Ukraine’s President telling his citizens to take up arms and asking anyone who wants to fight - Ukrainian or not - to come back into the country. What was trending? WWE Smackdown and Wordle.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:42 pm

It wasn't taken down. It was moved to the politics folder in which you have to request access to.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

goapps

Unread post by goapps » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:53 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:42 pm
It wasn't taken down. It was moved to the politics folder in which you have to request access to.
Wait, there's still a politics folder? I thought the mods punted that a few years ago.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:00 pm

goapps wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:53 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:42 pm
Wait, there's still a politics folder? I thought the mods punted that a few years ago.
I don't know. I don't have access to it because I don't want it. That's what I got from 89s post though
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:10 pm

No, there is no politics folder any longer. I moved the Ukraine thread to a holding place until I can delete the political posts.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:10 pm

I wasn't aware of the power grid connection but that makes sense , from an explanation standpoint.The latest I've heard is that air raid sirens and distant explosions continue through the night but my home boy is safe underground in the center of the City.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”