Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Best cellphone providers for service in the High Country?

ASUFan4863
School: Appalachian State

Best cellphone providers for service in the High Country?

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:27 am

I currently have Verizon and have good service but am getting tired of paying too much for that service. Pushing $180 for 2 lines. I live in Hickory area but obviously frequent Boone and surrounding areas often. Has anyone had a decent experience with carriers other than Verizon? How has this service performed if you visited away games? I have low expectations for game days so I am not really taking that into consideration. Thanks for any advice.

asu66

Re: Best cellphone providers for service in the High Country?

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:58 am

Run....do not walk...away from Carolina West Wireless! Perfectly awful!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:22 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:27 am
I currently have Verizon and have good service but am getting tired of paying too much for that service. Pushing $180 for 2 lines. I live in Hickory area but obviously frequent Boone and surrounding areas often. Has anyone had a decent experience with carriers other than Verizon? How has this service performed if you visited away games? I have low expectations for game days so I am not really taking that into consideration. Thanks for any advice.
Do you work from home often? If so, you may want to look in to Google Fi. You pay $20 a month for the phone service and $10 a month for each gig of data. If you're always at home or on WiFi, you can get full cell service for $30 a month. They also have a relatively cheap option for full unlimited.

I believe they use T Mobile towers. I've never had any coverage issues in the entire south east region. I even get full coverage in KBS.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:34 pm

I had a horrible experience with Google Fi. The reason was because they use T Mobile. The only reception I ever got was when I was in a city. I got nothing in rural areas even though their map showed I was supposed to get excellent coverage.
I stopped it and went to spectrum phones. $30 a month for 2 lines. They use Verizon towers.

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:10 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:34 pm
I had a horrible experience with Google Fi. The reason was because they use T Mobile. The only reception I ever got was when I was in a city. I got nothing in rural areas even though their map showed I was supposed to get excellent coverage.
I stopped it and went to spectrum phones. $30 a month for 2 lines. They use Verizon towers.
How long have you had Spectrum service? Has it worked out well for you? We currently have Verizon and need to get rid of this ridiculous sized bill.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:34 am

ASU84 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:10 am
AppGrad1 wrote:
How long have you had Spectrum service? Has it worked out well for you? We currently have Verizon and need to get rid of this ridiculous sized bill.
Before you switch, you may want to call Verizon and ask for customer retention. I have gotten some good deals over the years this way.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:36 am

AppGrad1 wrote:
Yeah, I also think it depends on what phone you have. But, I've never had any issues and I travel pretty much daily for work. T Mobile has gotten much better in the last couple of years too.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”