ECU fans

WVAPPeer
School: Other

ECU fans

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:46 am

didn't make the game but did get an email from friends we sit with at KBS who said it was the worst they had ever been treated at an away game - I know this can happen anytime and anywhere but this young couple is as nice as you will ever find and would never ever instigate or invite problems - anyone else hear of problems? - we had some 3 years ago but more so with the staff and not fans ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

philponder

Re: ECU fans

Unread post by philponder » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:53 am

Sorry to hear that. I think we've all been in that situation and it doesn't feel good. Remember that at KBS and make an effort to make visiting fans feel welcome.

97grad
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by 97grad » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:55 am

No problems here. Sat with a good mix of ECU/App fans. One ECU fan in particular shook our hand and wished us well before the game.

G2ASU

Unread post by G2ASU » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 am

No problems here quite the opposite. We were invited to tailgate with an ecu crowd and both at the tailgate and game all their fans we were around were great. Some were about to meltdown when we marched down the field and scored on 1 st possession, lol!

I am sure we had some bad ones too.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:58 am

Well, we met both sorts. Most ECU fans were great ... gracious, friendly, & could take & give some good-natured sparring.

However, 2 clowns seated right down in front of us did not represent ECU well. One goober was openly taunting us ... he left when he understood that we were ignoring him. And, the other was taunting us too and he was worse only because he would not leave. At one point, I was actually calculating the trouble I would incur if I threw my water bottle at him. I would not have missed. I did not respond (being the model of restraint that I usually am) only because my kids were beside me. Setting the example & all that stuff.
Last edited by AppAlum1 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 am

When we pulled into our hotel at midnight on Friday, we were cut off in the parking lot by a carload of errant youth who felt obligated to curse at us and gesture obscenely. In the stadium, there were some chemically augmented ECU fans who sat a few rows in front of us and were beyond crude. No App fans started anything or even spoke to either set of fans. Thankfully, the dopes in the stadium left early.

There was a real contrast between those crude fans and the two couples who sat directly in front of us. Both couples were ECU alums and thanked us for coming down. One of them mentioned how much football fans help the economy in Greenville and thanked us for our part in that.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:33 pm

I saw about three guys near us I found obnoxious, but over all, in a stadium holding 50,000, I thought their fans were fine. I like a little trash talk anyway. I'll the ECU and GSU fans any day over the Woffords.

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Almost all of the ones I interacted with were gracious. Even had one say he would rather have played this game in Boone because of the heat. I only heard saw a few bad ones and those were not too bad relatively speaking.

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Had no problem in my section. I was surrounded by both sides.. In fact, the most obnoxious fans I saw were ASU fans....
One game does not a postseason make.
More App Games > Less App Games

boonedocks

Unread post by boonedocks » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:46 pm

I couldn't have had a better experience the last two times we were there. In 09 I walked all the way from the mall to the middle school to find my ECU buddies and didn't hear anything.

This year, I had a few people ask why we didn't bring some cool air with us and had 0 problems. The ECU games for me have probably been the best away experiences except some SoCon teams. But that is only because some of our SoCon away games feel like home games.

NC State still holds the crown for being the worst in my book, and it isn't even close.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:54 pm

HeffnerIV wrote:I saw about three guys near us I found obnoxious, but over all, in a stadium holding 50,000, I thought their fans were fine. I like a little trash talk anyway. I'll the ECU and GSU fans any day over the Woffords.
Wofford has fans?

RockCampAPP

Unread post by RockCampAPP » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Just returned from Greenville. Had a wonderful time (except for the heat)... We were invited to a tailgate of ECU fans and could not have been treated better. Nothing but terrific fans where we were seated at the game.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:23 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
HeffnerIV wrote:I saw about three guys near us I found obnoxious, but over all, in a stadium holding 50,000, I thought their fans were fine. I like a little trash talk anyway. I'll the ECU and GSU fans any day over the Woffords.
Wofford has fans?
Yes...but only a few hundered as that's all their stadium will hold. :)

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:36 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
Wofford has fans?

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:42 pm

mingled all day w/ ECU fans, everyone was very accomodating...I think both fan bases respect each other...had one guy seek me out after the game and he made it a point to tell me he wished we were in CUSA, couldn't understand why the PTB couldn't see we would be a good fit, etc.

gustus83

Unread post by gustus83 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 pm

had no problem, most were good to talk with..saw no one else having a problem...what is embarrassing is the obese guys that take off their shirt and paint themselves with a big A...and the little dude in the yellow leotard...took quite a bit of ribbing by the ecu fans on them, deservedly so

strongwxnc

Unread post by strongwxnc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Had no problems! From waking through the sea of of purple, to sitting with some great ecu fans. Only had one dude talking crap about how we could not handle the heat. Great tIme and good fans. Sure did clear out quick!
I did hear the student sction chanting FU - ASU, and they also booed our band, which was not cool.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:47 pm

walking to the game had several ecu fans thank us for coming. I've been to who knows how many r=road games since 1972 and have never had any problems anywhere

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 am

appfanz wrote:walking to the game had several ecu fans thank us for coming. I've been to who knows how many r=road games since 1972 and have never had any problems anywhere
not even GA Southern? -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 am

not even georgia southern and i've been to every game there since they joined the conference

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”