MONTANA

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

MONTANA

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Montana is in a tough ballgame currently with South Dakota trailing 24-16. Montana must be looking ahead. Or they could be down?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... px?season=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BLACK SATURDAY

firemoose

Re: MONTANA

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:48 pm

I'll take choice # 2 for the win. :D

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:42 pm

They must be alive and well, because they came back and won as they almost always do at home.
BLACK SATURDAY

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:09 pm

The Griz will be a handful next week despite the long flight. W e'd better be ready for a tough fight. We owe them, big time!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:49 pm

asu66 wrote:The Griz will be a handful next week despite the long flight. W e'd better be ready for a tough fight. We owe them, big time!
I still have revenge on my mind from the 2000 playoff game, let alone AEs last game. LOL :mrgreen:
BLACK SATURDAY

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 pm

I think we will set a new attendance record at the Montana game. Hope we get some revenge too.

Give Em Hell!!!
Give Em Hell!!

GrizAlum'10
School: Montana

Unread post by GrizAlum'10 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Black Saturday wrote:They must be alive and well, because they came back and won as they almost always do at home.
After yesterday's performance, I like our chances to go to The Rock and steal a victory, assuming we can clean up a few things here and there. Here's some highlights if y'all want to get a feel for what we look like this season.

http://www.gogriz.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:02 pm

GrizAlum'10 wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:They must be alive and well, because they came back and won as they almost always do at home.
After yesterday's performance, I like our chances to go to The Rock and steal a victory, assuming we can clean up a few things here and there. Here's some highlights if y'all want to get a feel for what we look like this season.

After yesterday's performance in G'ville, I like App's chances. We'll clean up a few things this week too. Thankfully, we won't have C-USA referees. Every call might not be for App this Sat., but at least they won't ALL be against us.

Ought to be a GREAT game. Hope you're coming up next week. Friday night, I'm going looking for Griz fans in Boone. Hope to buy all I find at least one beer. Wear your colors. If I don't see you Friday night, come to Duncan lot, spot #18 on Saturday.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:12 pm

GrizAlum'10 wrote:

Bad for Montana we won't have "the committee" calling the game this time, as most of them have been banished to Cullowhee.
BLACK SATURDAY

hm.grwn.grizfan

Unread post by hm.grwn.grizfan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Black Saturday wrote:Montana is in a tough ballgame currently with South Dakota trailing 24-16. Montana must be looking ahead. Or they could be down?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... px?season=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Newbie here! First off, i have the utmost respect for your program and your accomplishments. Second, I love that we were able to get a home-home series deal done with you guys.. I love this matchup! The last time we met was an instant classic IMO.

Yesterday's score was very misleading. Montana absolutely dominated in this game, but shot themselves in the foot on two occasions that led to quick scores for USD. One was a blown coverage by the corner who was in for our suspended corner (who will be in next week), and the other was a tipped pass that resulted in a pick 6. Other than that, the stats tell the story; 34 UM first downs and 568 yds total offense, compared to 9 first downs and 233 yds total offense for USD: of the 568 yds of UM's offense, 315 were rushing, while we allowed only 61 to USD on the ground! Looking forward to next week's matchup, which should be a knock-down drag-out battle! Should be very entertaining.

GO GRIZ!!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:30 pm

hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:Montana is in a tough ballgame currently with South Dakota trailing 24-16. Montana must be looking ahead. Or they could be down?

Newbie here! First off, i have the utmost respect for your program and your accomplishments. Second, I love that we were able to get a home-home series deal done with you guys.. I love this matchup! The last time we met was an instant classic IMO.

Yesterday's score was very misleading. Montana absolutely dominated in this game, but shot themselves in the foot on two occasions that led to quick scores for USD. One was a blown coverage by the corner who was in for our suspended corner (who will be in next week), and the other was a tipped pass that resulted in a pick 6. Other than that, the stats tell the story; 34 UM first downs and 568 yds total offense, compared to 9 first downs and 233 yds total offense for USD: of the 568 yds of UM's offense, 315 were rushing, while we allowed only 61 to USD on the ground! Looking forward to next week's matchup, which should be a knock-down drag-out battle! Should be very entertaining.

GO GRIZ!!!
Can't wait for you guys to come to the heat and humidity in Boone this Saturday, I'm sure it'll be a factor like Greeneville got us last Saturday. :lol:
BLACK SATURDAY

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:54 pm

hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:

GO GRIZ!!!
Sounds like we both shot ourselves in the feet although the refs held the gun and pulled the trigger on a couple of those shots. We outgained ECU and hung over 400 yards on them with us pretty much falling down from cramps in the last half of the 3rd and the 4th. Also didn't help with over 100 yds in pentilities with them having 2 for 25 (please, total load of crap). We lost our starting RB and one of the top DB's and return men to injuries so that going to hurt a bit. Combine real feel temps of nearly 110 on the field with CUSA refs (one of our guys had everything but his wallet stolen in the mugging on that kickoff return) and depth problems due to injury and it added up to a tough day on an FBS field. Just like your game the score doesn't reflect the true game. Look forward to seeing you guys this week in Boone. I really wish we were closer so we could have yearly games as we truly are two of the best programs around. Have a safe trip and enjoy the day at the Rock...just not toooo much!!!! :D

GrizAlum'10

Unread post by GrizAlum'10 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:38 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
GrizAlum'10 wrote:

After yesterday's performance in G'ville, I like App's chances. We'll clean up a few things this week too. Thankfully, we won't have C-USA referees. Every call might not be for App this Sat., but at least they won't ALL be against us.

Ought to be a GREAT game. Hope you're coming up next week. Friday night, I'm going looking for Griz fans in Boone. Hope to buy all I find at least one beer. Wear your colors. If I don't see you Friday night, come to Duncan lot, spot #18 on Saturday.
Really wanted to make it out there, but it just wasn't in the cards, unfortunately. Griz Nation will be well represented, though. Fair warning: we like to drink...a lot. :mrgreen:

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:08 pm

GrizAlum'10 wrote: After yesterday's performance, I like our chances to go to The Rock and steal a victory, assuming we can clean up a few things here and there. Here's some highlights if y'all want to get a feel for what we look like this season.
Don't count on it. We rarely lose at home.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:16 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
GrizAlum'10 wrote: After yesterday's performance, I like our chances to go to The Rock and steal a victory, assuming we can clean up a few things here and there. Here's some highlights if y'all want to get a feel for what we look like this season.
Unless you look at our last few homeplayoff losses to CAA teams where they've handed our a$$es to us..........sorry still a little bitter :oops:
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

GrizAlum'10

Unread post by GrizAlum'10 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:17 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
I'm not guaranteeing a victory by any means, I just like our chances better than I did before yesterday.

the#1grizfan

Unread post by the#1grizfan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:48 pm

I think this is going to be a good year for the Grizz. This game aginst you guys will be a big tell on how it is going to go for us. I judge our team alot off how we play you guys. It is always a good game, but I think that we will come out with the win. Our o-line looked amazing aginst SD I think its going to be a low scoring game across the board. Maybe left to the kickers. I wouldnt mind some honest feed back about what you guys though of the Grizz aginst SD for those of you who watched it.

hm.grwn.grizfan

Unread post by hm.grwn.grizfan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 am

ASU-FTW wrote:
When was the last time you had to play the GRIZ at home? 8-)

hm.grwn.grizfan

Unread post by hm.grwn.grizfan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:07 am

the#1grizfan wrote:I think this is going to be a good year for the Grizz. This game aginst you guys will be a big tell on how it is going to go for us. I judge our team alot off how we play you guys. It is always a good game, but I think that we will come out with the win. Our o-line looked amazing aginst SD I think its going to be a low scoring game across the board. Maybe left to the kickers. I wouldnt mind some honest feed back about what you guys though of the Grizz aginst SD for those of you who watched it.
I don't think there is a clear front-runner in this game........Im gonna go out on a limb and say this one could go either way. APPY has a homefield advantage similar to UM's; they RARELY lose there. Both teams will need to bring their A game and play mistake free football to win this one. Il garuntee you that If Peter Nguyn muffs a punt, or if our corners blow their assignments like they did three or four times against USD, APPY will makes us pay. We were able to get away with that against USD but will certainly NOT at "The Rock". On the flip side, APPY will need to clean up their special teams play if they want to come out with a win in this one as well.

I have a couple questions for knowledgeable APP fans; who will be replacing your starting running-back and return-man/corner (out with injuries), as well as the two suspended players, and how do you think it affects your chances of coming out of this game with a win?

GO GRIZ!!!

Grizapp

Unread post by Grizapp » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:19 am

I'm going to say three things here:

1. When we played in Missoula in 2009, many expected a "decent" game. What we got were the two best matched teams in the FCS and two most marquee programs to have played at this level in 20 years giving us the best game anyone has ever seen See: Brian Quick, Trumaine Johnson. Meeting in Missoula was a dream come true for anyone from Boone or Missoula that knows what D1 FCS football is about. That being said, here is point number...

2. Boone sits at a slightly higher elevation than Missoula. People from the Rockies think that the Appalachian front is tiny by comparison. As it turns out.....Not true, at least in this case. Missoula: 3,209 feet. Boone: 3,333 ft. We all found out during that semi that Appalachian State knows how to play in cold, harsh weather, which brings me to point number

3. This is the third time we will have met. There are no programs better than our two. None more storied than our two. We are, for lack of a better term fraternal twins. I have more respect for The Appalachian State Mountaineers than any other team in the nation, outside The University Of Montana Grizzlies. I expect this to be the best game played all year across college football. If you guys win, it will have been another of many honors to lose to you. If we win, I hope that you feel the same. Here's to Griz Nation! Here is to the Rock!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”