THE cheer.

appthunder90
School: Appalachian State

THE cheer.

Unread post by appthunder90 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

since we couldn't get our act together and get a coherent APP STATE cheer going until WAY too late in the game I thought we might start this one early. :lol:

APP

AppStateNews

Re: THE cheer.

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 pm

STATE!!!!!!!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

ASU1234

Unread post by ASU1234 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Seems like this should be something we could get the video boards in sync with the crowd on...flashing back and forth APP...STATE...APP...STATE...etc

appthunder90

Unread post by appthunder90 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:56 pm

ASU1234 wrote:Seems like this should be something we could get the video boards in sync with the crowd on...flashing back and forth APP...STATE...APP...STATE...etc
if only we could get the endzone folks figured out.. that has been some sort of fustercluck

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:21 pm

appthunder90 wrote:
ASU1234 wrote:Seems like this should be something we could get the video boards in sync with the crowd on...flashing back and forth APP...STATE...APP...STATE...etc
if only we could get the endzone folks figured out.. that has been some sort of fustercluck
I didn't think the App State cheer was off last year, despite having fans in the end zone. Chalk it up to early season rust, I say. I suggested a different cheer on the old MMB that would involve the end zone separately too, but it got shut down. Basically incorporating a go-around A-S-U chant with the three different sections, minus the hill folk.

appthunder90

Unread post by appthunder90 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
appthunder90 wrote:
I didn't think the App State cheer was off last year, despite having fans in the end zone. Chalk it up to early season rust, I say. I suggested a different cheer on the old MMB that would involve the end zone separately too, but it got shut down. Basically incorporating a go-around A-S-U chant with the three different sections, minus the hill folk.
actually, i remember that conversation. im all for the asu chant. alternatively, i do remember the app state cheer getting off last year with the north endzone

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 pm

That is a good idea IMO. We discussed Saturday that about the only thing we saw on the new boards was advertising. They said "Get Loud" somethimes, and that was cool, but some scores would be great. :?

STATE!!!!!!
Give Em Hell!!

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:45 pm

I forget what point of the game it was, but I got out of my seat in 205 and walked to the restroom at the same time an App-State cheer was going on. As I got into the tunnel, it sounded very nice.

Now, it wasn't like one time last year where it rocked the restroom, but it was pretty impressive.

ggasu

Unread post by ggasu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 pm

why would the hill people be left out in an A-S-U chant?

Simple solution is that both endzones would be the S

appfan83

Unread post by appfan83 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Well, lets throw this out there and see if it sticks. Let the east & west stands still commence with their accustomed ASU & State, then let the whole stadium chant Mountaineers. Let me know what you'uns think.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 am

kiddbrewer wrote:I forget what point of the game it was, but I got out of my seat in 205 and walked to the restroom at the same time an App-State cheer was going on. As I got into the tunnel, it sounded very nice.

Now, it wasn't like one time last year where it rocked the restroom, but it was pretty impressive.
Unfortunately, I made a bathroom run when Barnes laid the huge hit. I was standing in line and heard the roar and said, "I can hold it!" Ran back out to 205 and saw our O walking back onto the field. Everyone around us, as they should, gave me crap for missing it and then asked me to leave again!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

AppTraveler
School: Missouri

Unread post by AppTraveler » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 am

My daughter who graduated in May swears it was "the freshmen" going wat to fast on the "APP" part of the cheer. Said she kept telling them to slow down.....sounded like it got better as the game went along. Hopefully this week will be better.
I do like the A......S......U idea. Would probably need the cheerleaders holding up the letters to get something like that happening and done well......

App Band

Unread post by App Band » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 am

I agree that it was way too fast. You've got to give ample lag time for the sound to carry over and then bounce back to the other side. Suggestion: Let's practice this A LOT this Saturday! The more we do it, the better it will get! Great crowd! Love the spirit! Keep it up!

mom_n_buggie

Unread post by mom_n_buggie » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 am

Suggestion: For A-S-U cheer, have west side do "A", east side do "S" and the whole stadium do a big loud "U". The north side and hill can do all three if they like!

App Band

Unread post by App Band » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 am

And while we're on the subject of cheering: Cheerleaders and Dance Team--Pleeeeeeeeze DO NOT try to get the crowd fired-up when we're on offense! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....quiet as a mouse!

AppStateNation

Unread post by AppStateNation » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:31 pm

+1 App Band, that has always been my pet peeve

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Never thought about it but what do the hill and end zone people cheer, App or State?

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 pm

fjblair wrote:Never thought about it but what do the hill and end zone people cheer, App or State?
Whatever they want really. Wouldn't be surprised if the hill doesn't yell at all. It'd be nice to do the ASU chant in addition to the App-State cheer I think. The hill and end zone could both yell U. I think the end zone section is big enough to be incorporated as their own letter though. Cheerleader assistance/video board assistance would be necessary.

SmyrnaAPP

Unread post by SmyrnaAPP » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 pm

The APP - STATE cheer is great but I would like to see a finish to the cheer that includes the entire stadium. For example at uga games the two side sections each chant Georgia - Bulldogs several times then then entire stadium gives a big gooooo dawgs. We just fizzle out but it would be nice to end with some type of cheer with the entire stadium in unison. Just my .02

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:25 am

We should follow up the App-State cheer with a hillbilly yell or go Mountaineers!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”