Wyoming Discussion

goapps93

Re: Wyoming Discussion

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:53 am

biggie wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:49 am
Did hear someone say the wind is supposed to die down to 20-25mph during game instead of that 45-50mph. So maybe we'll get lucky.
Looks like it is supposed to die down as the day goes on. I think/hope some of us are making more about the wind and elevation than is necessary.
WE ARE YOSEF!

bmeudy
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by bmeudy » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:05 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:53 am
biggie wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:49 am
Did hear someone say the wind is supposed to die down to 20-25mph during game instead of that 45-50mph. So maybe we'll get lucky.
Looks like it is supposed to die down as the day goes on. I think/hope some of us are making more about the wind and elevation than is necessary.
I am seeing the same thing we might get lucky with a 5pm MT and decreasing winds.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:28 pm

At this elevation, anything older than 20 minutes is a long range forecast.

app_gorilla

Unread post by app_gorilla » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:37 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:28 pm
At this elevation, anything older than 20 minutes is a long range forecast.
As a resident of Laramie, I can 100 percent confirm this.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:02 am

It's GameDay!! Let's Go App. St.!! Let's Go 1-0 Today!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:41 am

So much has been said about our coaching staff, way too much to the extreme negative side. It's been interesting to watch the evolution of coaching in college football over the years. I'm not a huge fan of the "over the top " go nuts on the sideline guy. By the same token I don't really dig the coach who just stands there looking lost- even if he's fully in control and is letting coordinators handle it. Many aspects of the game have changed and you pretty much have to embrace the stuff young players enjoy like the stuff they put on for a big defensive play or even some of the dancing when they get excited. Virginia showed last night that if you don't control that stuff it will bite you in the ass.

All that being said if our coaches can't instill confidence in our team for every game we will be in trouble. I think something was just missing last year. It started in the Texas State game. Those guys just out swaggered us. I saw it in a few other games as well. We need to just punch people in the mouth (figuratively) and maintain that App swagger!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:41 am
So much has been said about our coaching staff, way too much to the extreme negative side. It's been interesting to watch the evolution of coaching in college football over the years. I'm not a huge fan of the "over the top " go nuts on the sideline guy. By the same token I don't really dig the coach who just stands there looking lost- even if he's fully in control and is letting coordinators handle it. Many aspects of the game have changed and you pretty much have to embrace the stuff young players enjoy like the stuff they put on for a big defensive play or even some of the dancing when they get excited. Virginia showed last night that if you don't control that stuff it will bite you in the ass.

All that being said if our coaches can't instill confidence in our team for every game we will be in trouble. I think something was just missing last year. It started in the Texas State game. Those guys just out swaggered us. I saw it in a few other games as well. We need to just punch people in the mouth (figuratively) and maintain that App swagger!
I think the biggest issue last year was leadership in the locker room. Coaches can only do so much. A player led team needs players to lead. I have heard from multiple sources that some of the players that fans valued weren’t necessarily viewed in a respectable light within.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:11 am

1-0 today gentlemen! Let's Get It!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:47 am

If the weather remains similar to what is is right now, it will not have any impact on our game plan. It’s slightly breezy right now, and downright balmy in the sun.
Give 'em hell!

apphiker

Unread post by apphiker » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:37 am

What is everyone pre-gaming with? We are going with veggie burgers, since it is the most anti-Cowboy option. For the record, we haven't ever pre-gamed with veggie burgers, and normally I would reject that idea, but when my wife suggested it I thought it was too funny not to do it.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:57 am

I would not care how funny it was. I shall always pass on veggie burger.

Maybe sushi would be anti-cowboy.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:26 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

Agree. And that's why I'm cautiously optimistic right now as I have seen some gravitas from this team since Joey took over at QB. There is a confidence and it grows with certain players each week. Love the swagger from our secondary right now especially.
The Appalachian State

apphiker

Unread post by apphiker » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:34 pm

biggie wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:57 am

I don’t blame you. Veggie burgers are ok, but they don’t really put me in the mood for football.

Sushi sounds good, but it might not be ideal with lots of beer.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:03 pm

apphiker wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:34 pm
biggie wrote:

I don’t blame you. Veggie burgers are ok, but they don’t really put me in the mood for football.

I agree. Veggie burner is ok. I've had some black bean burgers that I liked. It would have been better with a beef patty on the bun with it though. I guess that defeats the purpose. LOL

appalum2003

Unread post by appalum2003 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:23 pm

apphiker wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:37 am
What is everyone pre-gaming with? We are going with veggie burgers, since it is the most anti-Cowboy option. For the record, we haven't ever pre-gamed with veggie burgers, and normally I would reject that idea, but when my wife suggested it I thought it was too funny not to do it.
you've cursed us all!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:24 pm

Don't eat veggie burgers. Super processed and no better, if not worse, for you than beef.
The Appalachian State

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:36 pm

apphiker wrote:
biggie wrote:

Sushi isn't food it's bait.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:49 pm

apphiker wrote:
biggie wrote:

I’d we lose, we know who to blame. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:31 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

I think the biggest issue last year was leadership in the locker room. Coaches can only do so much. A player led team needs players to lead. I have heard from multiple sources that some of the players that fans valued weren’t necessarily viewed in a respectable light within.
There was a play in that game, that has been discussed before, where a Tx State guy got in the face of an App state guy and half of Tx State’s team came over to back their guy up. No one came over for the App guy. It seems small, but that showed a lot about that team. So far, this year’s team looks much closer, hungrier, supportive of each other, and yes, much swaggier.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:34 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:31 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:59 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

There was a play in that game, that has been discussed before, where a Tx State guy got in the face of an App state guy and half of Tx State’s team came over to back their guy up. No one came over for the App guy. It seems small, but that showed a lot about that team. So far, this year’s team looks much closer, hungrier, supportive of each other, and yes, much swaggier.
I was there and saw that. Completely agree.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”