Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gameday App @ JMU /Game discussion

goapps93

Re: Gameday App @ JMU /Game discussion

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:36 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:14 pm
The JMU announcers made we wanna puke after a while.

So glad pulled that out.
I watched the game in MUTE ..... IT WORKED!!
They started off okay and went downhill fast.
WE ARE YOSEF!

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by biggie » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:41 pm

1997CLT wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:36 pm
What has to happen to host the Sunbelt Championship game? I think we need Troy to lose a few games and obviously we beat Georgia Southern next week?
Troy would need to lose 2 more.

They are about to win vs ULL though. So the most they can lose is a tie with us. No clue on the tie breakers for that. Might be common opponents.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:47 pm

1997CLT wrote:
What has to happen to host the Sunbelt Championship game? I think we need Troy to lose a few games and obviously we beat Georgia Southern next week?
I’m going to let today be enough for now

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:52 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:22 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:13 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:51 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:47 pm
appstate5 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:45 pm

This game should NOT have been this close!!!!! I want Clark GONE more than ever after today
Tell us you don't know football without saying you don't know football.
He's actually not wrong. A few drives were mismanaged. Truth is somewhere in between
We beat an undefeated #18 team on their turf. He’s 100% wrong. You can’t call every play of the game perfect and you can’t prevent ridiculous plays made by the other team. He coached us in position to win the game and pulled through at the end. If you want Clark gone after a 4 game win streak and a win of this magnitude, you aren’t a true App fan.
He let some old habits creep in at critical times. It's OK to critique. We controlled the game and yet were in a sudden death scenario. It's OK to want more. Clark is progressing, but his mismanagement of the end of the half was an issue. We won thank God it didn't cost us.

That fan is being overly emotional on one side, just like many will be overly emotional on the side of Clark. Winning close games is great, decisively winning is even better. Clark has earned another year in my.mind, but h3 hasn't earned invulnerability
Will disagree. Didn't put ourselves in a position for that DL to pin their ears back and come after the QB. Didn't punt the ball back to JMU with enough clock to do anything. Didn't give JMU a short field with a bad TO. Didn't press the issue and went into halftime with the lead and momentum.
In a shootout, you take a shot. In a defensive struggle, you take what they give and go into half with a lead. This wasn't a bad decision on Clark.

Yosef1986

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Great game and win - I have said all along that I did not see JMU as light years ahead of App - if ahead at all. They play solid - however we held our own I did not feel this was an upset. We played great, played hard and never gave up!! We played a lot of youth and the team seems to be n the right track!!!!!!

Proud of the team!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:55 pm

BLACK SATURDAY

RaleighApp27609

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:55 pm

1997CLT wrote:
Not sure what would have to happen to host the championship game. But we definitely need both App and j m u to win next week for App to be in the conference championship game

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:55 pm

biggie wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:41 pm
1997CLT wrote:

They are about to win vs ULL though. So the most they can lose is a tie with us. No clue on the tie breakers for that. Might be common opponents.
Troy just won. So 2 losses is the most they can have. And big ask for SoMiss to win next week.

1997CLT

Unread post by 1997CLT » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:58 pm

biggie wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:55 pm
biggie wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:41 pm
1997CLT wrote:

Troy just won. So 2 losses is the most they can have. And big ask for SoMiss to win next week.
If we get the opportunity, I will not complain at all about playing for the SB Championship at Troy. Will just be glad to be there (assuming we hold serve next week), considering how we looked 3 or 4 weeks ago

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:58 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:15 pm
Good win. I’ll take it. Whole lotta Castle in the second half, not much Kanye for whole game. Castle’s blocking was needed but makes me wonder about the other backs.
Our line are great pass blockers A+, but we have trouble with the run about a C-. Glad we threw over them for the win.
BLACK SATURDAY

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:17 pm

Congrats App Nation. This looks like a different team than the one that lost to Coastal and ODU. The difference is that back in September we would have lost today‘s game.
Now, we’ve got to finish this turnaround next week. We owe Stink just as much as we did JMU.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:20 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:07 pm
We won, could have done some things differently and sure plays could have been made, but we beat an undefeated JMU squad on their senior day.

Not ready for a full meal of it, but I'll take an amuse-bouche portion of crow about Clark. Win next week and earn a chance to go to the title game I'll take an appetizer portion. Win the conference title game and take me to the buffet.

Feels great to be a Mountaineer, safe travels to those that made the trip to Harrisonburg, and beat Southern!
I don’t ask any of our fans to eat crow, because most everyone on the cabin wants success, wants to win and supports our program. That comes at different levels and with different attitudes. Most on here are celebrating the wins and the recent success.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:30 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:20 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:07 pm
We won, could have done some things differently and sure plays could have been made, but we beat an undefeated JMU squad on their senior day.

Not ready for a full meal of it, but I'll take an amuse-bouche portion of crow about Clark. Win next week and earn a chance to go to the title game I'll take an appetizer portion. Win the conference title game and take me to the buffet.

Feels great to be a Mountaineer, safe travels to those that made the trip to Harrisonburg, and beat Southern!
I don’t ask any of our fans to eat crow, because most everyone on the cabin wants success, wants to win and supports our program. That comes at different levels and with different attitudes. Most on here are celebrating the wins and the recent success.
Basically most if not all of the people on this board don't know crap about coaching a football team. It's so easy to sit in your recliner and say what we should have done. Hell of a game today.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:31 pm

You couldn't have scripted this better. Screwed up their big day, and beat their entitled asses. They will be screaming about the refs but that is poetic justice after last year.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:33 pm

I'm enjoying trolling JMU and College Gameday on Tik Tok.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:34 pm

I still can't believe this team has won 4 in a row.
The defensive changes have resulted in a dramatic improvement.
Clark said a couple of weeks ago they were playing too tight. I call that playing not to lose instead of playing to win.
A couple of weeks ago I went and took a hard look at our roster. We are a young football team.
Thinking we can get better

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:44 pm

Perfect revenge for JMU against us would be to lose to Coastal

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:56 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:44 pm
Perfect revenge for JMU against us would be to lose to Coastal
Was thinking the same thing. Visited their board and they still think legal action has a chance of going through to maybe play in a NY6 bowl, but more possibly to play in the Conference Championship Game so I imagine they will go after Coastal hard if no ruling yet. Regardless, what a bunch of whining ninnies. Just what we need, another frivolous lawsuit. Just accept the rules you signed up for and be proud if your situation gets the rule overturned for the future.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:56 pm

Throughout the year, our staff has managed the clock very well, better than most. The thinking of a coaching staff is sometimes different from the thinking of the fans. Clock management can be difficult at times. Andy Reid at Kansas City is notorious for poor clock management yet I don’t think anyone would call him a poor coach.

All fans who have never been in a position to call plays believe they have the answer for what play to call every time. But yet, they have not watched film for hours and been a part of preparing a team and their play calling would be terrible. The fact is that fans think if a play works it was a great call and if the play goes nowhere it was a poor call. It’s not that simple.

Here is a suggestion for those who are great play callers from the couch with a beer in your hand. Go to your local library and check out “Gridiron Genius” by Mark Lombardi and read it. Then some who know it all and believe that our coaches are idiots might contemplate on their reading and say “I don’t know $#!+ about football after all.

I ain’t preaching. I just get tired of some who want to “fire the damn coach” after the first set of downs. and I know a message board is where some come to rant and rave about it, but I do remember a time from not that long ago when Mountaineers were supportive and positive. Not so anymore.

Go Apps! Now let’s go Beat The Stink!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:02 pm

Good lord. The grandstanding week to week by the extremists on each side of the "Clark" argument is nauseating.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”