The Perils of Everyweek Existence: Failure

T-Dog

Re: The Perils of Everyweek Existence: Failure

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 pm

On reflection, I admit the letter was stupid and over-the-top. For those who missed it, I basically took the captain's letter from last week and flipped it around. It was a mistake.

I'm not above criticism and I don't want people to think I am. In fact I welcome it as it makes me a better writer as it shows me what hit the mark I intended and what didn't.

My bit about Jake's videos was nothing personal against him or his staff. He does things with those videos that I could never do. My point was that it concentrated too much on the Montana game and not enough on the Citadel game and it reflected the overlooking attitude of the team, of which multiple players have admitted (some on the record, some off). If that's not what most people got out of it, then that shows my mistake in how I conveyed my thoughts.

I hope that everyone here will continue to support ASU football, ASU in general and this website and continue to grow along with my article every Monday.

Also, I live and work in Boone. If anyone would like to go out for lunch or a drink with me, PM me and we'll meet up. I love talking all-things ASU with people.

Lhardware
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Lhardware » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks Daphne - well said.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:26 pm

We live and we learn, keep up with the articles T-dog

appthunder90

Unread post by appthunder90 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:05 pm

T-Dog wrote:On reflection, I admit the letter was stupid and over-the-top. For those who missed it, I basically took the captain's letter from last week and flipped it around. It was a mistake.

I'm not above criticism and I don't want people to think I am. In fact I welcome it as it makes me a better writer as it shows me what hit the mark I intended and what didn't.

My bit about Jake's videos was nothing personal against him or his staff. He does things with those videos that I could never do. My point was that it concentrated too much on the Montana game and not enough on the Citadel game and it reflected the overlooking attitude of the team, of which multiple players have admitted (some on the record, some off). If that's not what most people got out of it, then that shows my mistake in how I conveyed my thoughts.

I hope that everyone here will continue to support ASU football, ASU in general and this website and continue to grow along with my article every Monday.

Also, I live and work in Boone. If anyone would like to go out for lunch or a drink with me, PM me and we'll meet up. I love talking all-things ASU with people.
very mature response, bravo!

RockCampAPP

Unread post by RockCampAPP » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:19 pm

This was a shot to the heart, but you definitely had the cross hairs on the ten ring. Bulls Eye... wish it wasn't so but you could not be more on target.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:05 am

T-Dog wrote:On reflection, I admit the letter was stupid and over-the-top. For those who missed it, I basically took the captain's letter from last week and flipped it around. It was a mistake.

Thanks for the clarification, and for a great response. Good on you, T-Dog. I look forward to reading your future contributions.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”