? to those who saw the game

WVAPPeer
School: Other

? to those who saw the game

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:13 pm

I listen to David and Steve - tell us what you saw - it really sounded like the Defense played really well - the offense put up big yards again - fill us in --- thanks ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

T-Dog

Re: ? to those who saw the game

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:15 pm

We spotted UTC 10 points off two turnovers, wasn't the fault of the defense. JJ was very shaky. Then after the Price jumpball TD, the dam broke. Defense played GREAT. Miller was getting good runs and we tired their defense out by the 4th.

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:24 pm

all i know is this is what we should have done to citidel defense played lights out and miller is the man may be fastest back we have had in a long time he is going to bust a big one soon

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:24 pm

D played well and made good adjustments at half. The O was a little off in the 1st quarter but I think a lot of that had to do with having backups at both tackles (one only found out minutes before the game he was playing) against the Chatt D-Ends (two of the best in FCS). We made some adjustments at half there also and it helped JJ have a bit more time to throw. Miller ran well against a top 10 rush D. Still have to learn to run something different on 3rd and 4th and short. Could hardly get a half yard and missed on several. Price is a BEAST and we have to keep him on the field and get him the ball. If teams double Price we still have plenty of weapons or Price will just jump over the double. Overall a huge improvement over not only last week but the season as a whole. We seemed more focused and we need to keep this chip on our shoulder for the rest of the season. No easy games for the rest of the season.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Agree on Price. Just throw it up and he will go get it. He has great desire to get the ball.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm

just wondering does our buy week come at the end of season?

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 pm

mountaineerman wrote:just wondering does our buy week come at the end of season?
Yes last week of regular season.

skjellyfetti

Unread post by skjellyfetti » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Just echoing the other posters so far.... but, the defense looked FAR better than they did last week. Chattanooga came out looking to exploit some of the weaknesses Citadel showed... and the defense responded.

Offense, and Jamal in particular, looked shaky and made a lot of mistakes early on. Miller ran the ball pretty well (22 for 95 yards) and Price was an absolute MONSTER for a freshman (10 for 130). It sounds like Chisholm is close to returning which should provide a huge boost for our O. Hopefully the linemen that missed today's game will be back soon as well.

Personally, I though today's game would tell us a lot about the team... and, I came out of it very encouraged.

HappyHippie

Unread post by HappyHippie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Come on entitled crowd, we should have won by much more.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:15 pm

O-line was abysmal, they gave JJ little to no time to throw. Miller is very quick but weak - goes down on first contact every time. Those are some observations I noticed from a TV perspective. Stoked about the win!

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:31 pm

The Apps bounced back quite well once the first quarter was over. D played lights out the last 2/3's of the game. Miller is a stud but I felt like we have much more success getting him and our speed merchants on the edge and letting them rip. Up the gut on 3rd down was not fun to watch.

Overall a 180 turn around from last week. Also with the Apps win, my Cougars and Falcons winning Friday night, my MoJo is back. I'm not taking any chances though; #78 will be in KBS this Saturday.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Back2therock!

Unread post by Back2therock! » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:36 pm

All in all looked good, I have to keep reminding myself that we are a young team. I do wish JJ would stop throwing off his back foot though

RichMtn

Unread post by RichMtn » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Good to hear.

And naturally, The Citadel goes to Raleigh and lays a giant egg. Been that kind of year.

midlandchip
School: Central Michigan

Unread post by midlandchip » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:43 pm

I watched the game on MocsVision and listened to David Jackson's radio broadcast some of the time and the Mocs' broadcast the rest of the time. The Chattanooga broadcasters said the Mocs were well aware of the success The Citadel had with the option run and were wondering why the Mocs did not try that play. They apparently have it in their playbook. I thought the game was played pretty even in the first half. In the third quarter it looked like both teams wanted to be someplace else. App State came alive in the fourth quarter and pulled away. I also noted the number of changes in players, especially in the offensive line. Don't know if it was due to injuries or coaches not being happy with the play of the OL last week. And number 5 was playing LCB in place of Krah and Walton. That is the side of defense that The Citidal went around over and over again with the option run.

It was a nice win for ASU. Now I am hoping they can put last week behind them. There is still a lot of football to be played this season. And I also watched the end of the Toledo-Coastal Carolina game. Coastal Carolina loves to throw the ball. Toledo struggled in that one until the fourth quarter and then put the game away just as ASU did against Chattanooga.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:59 pm

2 OL out for head injury/suspension.

And Lott is 5, he would have started all other games except for the 2 game suspension.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 am

speed merchants on the edge and letting them rip. Up the gut on 3rd down was not fun to watch.

Thats going to be the key to the season....But it appeared ASU early on wanted to again try and establish the run game at all cost...while the underneath and the flast were left open. In the second ASU exposed that.

Mean while in Raleigh,....The Citadel shows who they really are with 52-14 loss to State.... :oops:

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 am

ASU-FTW wrote:O-line was abysmal, they gave JJ little to no time to throw. Miller is very quick but weak - goes down on first contact every time. Those are some observations I noticed from a TV perspective. Stoked about the win!
Again I did not see the game but that is the 4th straight game with over 400 yards total offense and this week with tackles who virtually have not played - I'm not sure how the OL can be called abysmal?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

gaapp78

Unread post by gaapp78 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:52 am

ASU-FTW wrote:O-line was abysmal, they gave JJ little to no time to throw. Miller is very quick but weak - goes down on first contact every time. Those are some observations I noticed from a TV perspective. Stoked about the win!

I don think they were abysmal. The line did started slowly for sure. I think they contributed to Jamal's two first quarter turnovers. On the first the RT got beat off the end, the 2nd time he felt the same pressure plus a guy was in his face and he was trying to get the ball out before getting hit. But after that, I think those guys really stiffened up and did a much better job.

Miller isnt weak at all. He does run hard and hits the hole pretty good. He had several good runs even after being hit. The defense did play great, other than occasionally losing containment on bootlegs from the quaterback. Other than that, I would have to give them a A-.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:36 am

Much better game but UTC may have the worst offense in the SoCon, not sure how much better I feel about the season. Still think 7-4 is our most likely finish.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 am

I am very grateful that UTC insisted on playing "Daddy Ball" and kept Robinson on the sidelines for most of the game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”