When do tailgate lots open on Saturday?

appsfan

Re: When do tailgate lots open on Saturday?

Unread post by appsfan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:35 pm

As it has been referenced already, the rule is 3 1/2 hours before game time before drinking is allowed. On GoASU.com under tailgate at the Rock where the rules are posted. I have not had a problem before that time, but use solo cups instead of cans. I usually play Mountain Dew, Grandpa Jones version to signal the all clear at our tailgate...

appthunder90
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appthunder90 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:48 pm

appsfan wrote:As it has been referenced already, the rule is 3 1/2 hours before game time before drinking is allowed. On GoASU.com under tailgate at the Rock where the rules are posted. I have not had a problem before that time, but use solo cups instead of cans. I usually play Mountain Dew, Grandpa Jones version to signal the all clear at our tailgate...
They call it that old mountain dew, eh? I'll hush up my mug if you fill up my jug!

Cops were riding around greenwood as well. Told us to finish what we had and not open any more until the appropriate time. I understand the sentiment, but don't like the rule. People drinking irresponsibly can do just as bad in 3 hours. I was trying to get my marathon on.

AppState89
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:41 pm

IGgreer wrote:
AppState2009 wrote:The campus police are enforcing the "3 hour" rule on alcohol. Apparently it has been in effect for a decade. They are recording license plates and will ticket anyone in violation.
AppState89 wrote:
AppState2009 wrote:The campus police are enforcing the "3 hour" rule on alcohol. Apparently it has been in effect for a decade. They are recording license plates and will ticket anyone in violation.
Not sure where you heard that from, but that isn't how it works. Someone told you a lie..... :?: :?: :?:
AppState2009 is correct. A cop came by around 12:30ish and personally made me pour out a natural light. I told him I had no idea about this three hour rule (honestly didn't), and he made me out to be some sort of trickster. Said "you can't fool me", "it's been like this for over 10 yrs", etc.

The cops were riding through the young alumni lot and eyeing IG Greer and his tailgate for the next few hours.

I was drinking a can with a coozie. Anybody think that if I were drinking out of a cup, would I have been bothered?
2009 is correct about the 3 1/2 hour rule, but isn't correct about taking down the license plate and sending a ticket. I should have cleared that part up.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

strongwxnc

Unread post by strongwxnc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Well, we start up at 8am and have never had a problem in 7 years. However, we do not cause a problem either.
Thanks for the heads up!
We park in a private pay lot also..

GO APP!!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:41 pm

A few thoughts....

1. The liquor rule is absurd, unenforceable and uniformly disregarded
2. The comments about ALE are spot on. Pathetic need to feel powerful and in in control.
3. Regarding the 3 hour rule, see #1. It's stupid.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:51 pm

I hope y'all are sending e-mails with your grievances to the proper people.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”