Just felt the need to take a moment..

dmontanagrizzlies
School: Montana

Just felt the need to take a moment..

Unread post by dmontanagrizzlies » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 pm

I first off want to wish App Nation on a great year. I hope you guys make waves not only at Ann Arbor (AGAIN!, Go Yosef!!) but in the FBS in general.

Last year, I stopped every step I saw Yellow and Black, wished the fans well, offered any advice for bars, restaurants, sites to see, etc. I enjoyed talking football and trading stories to your fans.

However...my last sentence to each and all was "I'm going to miss you guys".
I will and I already do. I don't believe there is AS passionate of a FCS err FBS fanbase as App State or Griz Nation.
Each stop....all I heard was "Thanks, Thank You, or Good Luck"...Also..it was reciprocated "We'll miss you guys as well".
Classy.....there are no other words and I hope you as fans don't lose that moving up, becoming the "big kid" on the block.

I again want you to know that you all have the respect, admiration and support of Griz Nation.

We will be watching...so don't disappoint our cable bill!

Gonna miss your passion and team(s) something fierce!
Best to you all!
Hope you will still pop on Egriz.com once in awhile to say hello.
Dan

moehler

Re: Just felt the need to take a moment..

Unread post by moehler » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 am

Dan, thanks for the kind words, one of the unfortunate things about the move up is we probably will not see you for a long time, you guys are a class act, who has always treated us well, wish there was something that could have been worked out so we could keep playing you guys. I will say this, I'm concerned about the future of the FCS, and specifically, Montana. In general, I could care less what happens to the majority of the FCS programs, but, since you guys are my favorite 2nd team, I'm concerned that if the FCS falls, they could take your great program with it, do us all a favor, tell your administrators to get off their fat asses, and come up with a contingency plan that involves moving up if something happens!! Anyway, good luck with the season, we will be watching and pulling for you guys.

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 am

I have been to a lot of away games and NEVER been treated better. You guys are great. no matter what may happen in the future you will be fine. You have great leadership and fantastic fans. Thanks again to one of the greatest programs in Div 1 football.

appstcyclist

Unread post by appstcyclist » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Dan,

thanks for the message. It was a trip of a lifetime being able to go up to Montana and meet such a passionate fan base. I wish we could have a series with you every few years. I look forward to following Montana throughout the year in FCS.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Dan, I'll be in Mizzoula in a couple of weeks. Was there last year too. Great place, great people, great program. Thanks for the kind note and I hope to see you on a mountain top soon!

dmontanagrizzlies

Unread post by dmontanagrizzlies » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:39 pm

moehler wrote:Dan, thanks for the kind words, one of the unfortunate things about the move up is we probably will not see you for a long time, you guys are a class act, who has always treated us well, wish there was something that could have been worked out so we could keep playing you guys. I will say this, I'm concerned about the future of the FCS, and specifically, Montana. In general, I could care less what happens to the majority of the FCS programs, but, since you guys are my favorite 2nd team, I'm concerned that if the FCS falls, they could take your great program with it, do us all a favor, tell your administrators to get off their fat asses, and come up with a contingency plan that involves moving up if something happens!! Anyway, good luck with the season, we will be watching and pulling for you guys.
Yeah, great point Moehler. Interesting enough. The Big Sky has locked up Idaho back in except for football at this point. However, an interesting thread on our board has started leaving some to point out that in the near future the Big Sky could split into to conference of itself (a FBS tier and an FCS tier.
It's being debated pretty heavily on our board right now.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=66634

App74

Unread post by App74 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:00 am

I've told my stories of Montana fans a hundred times and they will be told a hundred times more. Typically, most raise their eyebrows somewhat in disbelief when I speak of your incredible courtesy and hospitality. I follow Griz football on a regular basis and hope you win every game you play.

Southerners tend to put themselves on a pedestal often invoking the worn out term "Southern Hospitality". From my experience, southern hospitality isn't in the same league as "Big Sky Courtesy".

My trip to Montana inspired me to maximize my courtesy to visitors at KBS. For some six Saturdays each fall, KBS becomes my home and I consider it a privilege as well as a responsibility to warmly welcome guest fans.

I believe it is imperative to our program that we establish/maintain a Big Sky Courtesy mentality/reputation as we establish ourselves in the FBS and new faces enter our gates. Our inaugural season in the Sun Belt is a great time to make that resolution.

My sincere thanks to Montana fans for the example you set for me.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:41 am

Can Idaho and Montana just switch places???
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:29 am

I left my short bus shirt with a female Grizz fan :) so they wouldn't forget us.

Loved the 3 games we were able to see.

Good luck and Go Grizz

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Dan, you guys are awesome. I agree both fan bases are the best!!!! I'm ready for some Red's Bar again....

Here's a beer for all the Montana and App State Fans....

:P :P Think you will know this beer. Just had someone bring me a case a few weeks ago :P :P
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

dmontanagrizzlies

Unread post by dmontanagrizzlies » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:16 pm

AppState89 wrote:Dan, u guys are awesome. I agree both fan bases are the best!!!! I'm ready for some Red's Bar again....

Here's a beer for all the Montana and App State Fans....

:P :P Think you will know this beer. Just had someone bring me a case a few weeks ago :P :P
That indeed is good stuff indeed '89. Let me know if you need a refill, my buddy works for the distributor in the Zoo and would be happy to mail you some variety. I'm pretty good at getting it through mail

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”