Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

An L is an L

WVAppsfan
School: Appalachian State

Re: An L is an L

Unread post by WVAppsfan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:36 am

Our fans are the best in college football
"Always give your all"

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:12 am

Music_man185 wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned or not, but I felt that there were also a lot of bad/missed calls from the refs. There were many holds I saw by Ark. State that were never called. A false start. And I'm still not sure about the punt that App batted out of the end zone in the air and downed on the 1, yet the refs called it a touch back and gave it to Ark. State on the 25

The whole "false start, delay of game on the DEFENSE" says a lot about the refs in my opinion.
This isn't the NFL- You answered your own comment. If the ball breaks the plane of the goal line it is a touchback. It cannot be batted back into the field of play.

Not saying the refs were very good but they got that right.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 am

Appersrule wrote:
Music_man185 wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned or not, but I felt that there were also a lot of bad/missed calls from the refs. There were many holds I saw by Ark. State that were never called. A false start. And I'm still not sure about the punt that App batted out of the end zone in the air and downed on the 1, yet the refs called it a touch back and gave it to Ark. State on the 25

The whole "false start, delay of game on the DEFENSE" says a lot about the refs in my opinion.
This isn't the NFL- You answered your own comment. If the ball breaks the plane of the goal line it is a touchback. It cannot be batted back into the field of play.

Not saying the refs were very good but they got that right.
I think the ArkSt punt that was downed on the one foot line also broke the plane prior to the players knee touching but it didn't affect the game. Overall the competence of the Sunbelt officials is much greater than the SoCon ever was so no real complaint here.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:37 am

We are discussing the offense quite a bit after the loss, but the defense more more disappointing to me as injuries aren't nearly as severe on that side of the ball. If we play 10 yards off the ball versus Idaho they will move the ball to the tune of 300+ yards passing. They led the conference in first downs and use quick 5-7 yard passes to do so. Hope we can score 35+ this weekend.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 am

Saint3333 wrote:We are discussing the offense quite a bit after the loss, but the defense more more disappointing to me as injuries aren't nearly as severe on that side of the ball. If we play 10 yards off the ball versus Idaho they will move the ball to the tune of 300+ yards passing. They led the conference in first downs and use quick 5-7 yard passes to do so. Hope we can score 35+ this weekend.
How much you wanna bet that the Vandals don't get 300 yds passing against us? Just don't see it happening.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:29 am

Saint3333 wrote:We are discussing the offense quite a bit after the loss, but the defense more more disappointing to me as injuries aren't nearly as severe on that side of the ball. If we play 10 yards off the ball versus Idaho they will move the ball to the tune of 300+ yards passing. They led the conference in first downs and use quick 5-7 yard passes to do so. Hope we can score 35+ this weekend.
I have to agree. That has been a problem that needs to get fixed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”