How Was KBS Today?

97grad
School: Appalachian State

Re: How Was KBS Today?

Unread post by 97grad » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:20 am

Unfortunately, I think to truly fix the issues on the East side, some portion of it is going to have to be rebuilt. There is simply not enough room for both foot traffic and concessions. All the decent food options have been moved elsewhere and it's still a nightmare.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:39 am

Is it possible to expand toward the road to make the concourse wider and maybe add another gate?

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:55 am

Concessions has always been a non-issue for me. I mean, I haven't seen anyone yet in the stands that appears remotely malnourished. Most appear they could go for months...

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:55 am

If money were no object, I’d build a large plaza UNDER Stadium Drive.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:40 am

Just a couple of observations
1. We are trying to cram 10lbs into a 5lb bag. It just never works.
2. WiFi free zones are fantastic. They allow you to actually watch an event and interact with the folks around you.
3. If referring to your stadium as High School really bothers you that much .....I'll leave it at that.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:00 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:04 pm
On the other hand, I overheard 2 kids in the row in front of me telling their Mom about an ECU fan spitting on them. I would guess they were 10-12 years old. People today are just crude and nasty sometimes
It’s been really odd to see some App fans seemingly relish some App fans rowdy behavior to talk down to them. Been going to college football games for 25 years now, not one game I’ve been to has been complete F-bomb free or any other harsh words. If you’re looking to protect your children’s ears, watch on TV.

For some to give some sense of moral high ground to ECU fans, of all fan bases my God, has been embarrassing to see.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:19 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:00 am
BUTCH1991 wrote:
On the other hand, I overheard 2 kids in the row in front of me telling their Mom about an ECU fan spitting on them. I would guess they were 10-12 years old. People today are just crude and nasty sometimes
It’s been really odd to see some App fans seemingly relish some App fans rowdy behavior to talk down to them. Been going to college football games for 25 years now, not one game I’ve been to has been complete F-bomb free or any other harsh words. If you’re looking to protect your children’s ears, watch on TV.

For some to give some sense of moral high ground to ECU fans, of all fan bases my God, has been embarrassing to see.
Yeah, I see they're trying to run you off their 247 board and you didn't say anything wrong. You've seen both sides of it and know it happens at Dowdy too. My kids were exposed to them when we played in 2009, we heard plenty. Typically, it only gets out of hand when you escalate what you encounter.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:35 am

Yosef10 wrote:
BUTCH1991 wrote:

Thanks for saying this. Some of the pearl clutching has been a little over the top. Sure, some of the stuff that happened is too much. Let’s not forget it’s college kids, at a college football game, like it or not, it’s gonna happen. Let’s not think for a second EZU fans are angels. Can almost guarantee you it would have been a lot uglier from their students, if they would have somehow pulled that win out.

GO APPS!!

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:48 am

Yosef10 wrote:
BUTCH1991 wrote:

I mean seriously, it’s this simple.

You go to a football game, there WILL ALWAYS BE profanity, alcohol, and emotion. Expect it always, and don’t be surprised when it doesn’t go away around your kids.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:52 am

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:35 am
Yosef10 wrote:
BUTCH1991 wrote:

Thanks for saying this. Some of the pearl clutching has been a little over the top. Sure, some of the stuff that happened is too much. Let’s not forget it’s college kids, at a college football game, like it or not, it’s gonna happen. Let’s not think for a second EZU fans are angels. Can almost guarantee you it would have been a lot uglier from their students, if they would have somehow pulled that win out.

GO APPS!!
You put up with it you want to. I will NOT put up with vulgarity and rudeness in my presence or others who simply don’t want to hear it. Those college “kids” need to grow up, ours and theirs. Purchasing a ticket does not give permission to disrespect others. And there are no pearls being clutched here. Rudeness and disrespect should never be tolerated. I’m afraid basic decency and decorum is vanishing from our society and that is sad.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:58 am

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:52 am
appstate24 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:35 am
Yosef10 wrote:
BUTCH1991 wrote:

GO APPS!!
You put up with it you want to. I will NOT put up with vulgarity and rudeness in my presence or others who simply don’t want to hear it. Those college “kids” need to grow up, ours and theirs. Purchasing a ticket does not give permission to disrespect others. And there are no pearls being clutched here. Rudeness and disrespect should never be tolerated. I’m afraid basic decency and decorum is vanishing from our society and that is sad.
If your last sentence is the case, it’s been vanishing for over 30 years now. That’s fine policing it on your own, but it ain’t stopping. Right or wrong.

ASU997

Unread post by ASU997 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:05 pm

Fan behavior was embarrassing. We had a mixed tailgate of App and ECU tents set up and the amount of obscenities yelled at us from truckloads of students passing by was insane. I was screamed at on at least 5 occasions by App students on how "we" were going to get our asses kicked while wearing an App shirt standing under an App tent, it made no sense. This all started early in the day so I don't think alcohol was the excuse, just a disrespectful student base.

In the stadium, there was a mixture in my section, 205, and everybody was well behaved except for the couple App fans that seemed to have an issue with everybody but campus police removed them.

The scene leaving the stadium was odd. I just don't get the amount of taunting of the ECU fans from App students I witnessed, I mean we were favorites going into the game and just beat them pretty good, why constantly berate them walking out of the stadium?

My wife is a JMU alum so I've been around my share of shitty fans splitting games with her but for whatever reason, Saturday in Boone was the worst I've seen. We need to push our students to do better.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:11 pm

ASUchipman wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:15 am
I too witnessed way to many people being obnoxious Aholes to visitors. It approached Georgia Southern status. Also rushing the field after beating a 0-2 team was stupid.
I thought rushing the field was a bit silly too. Walking to the stadium I heard several groups of students talking about staying until the end to rush the field. Made me assume that it was a planned event…but not sure.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:22 pm

This is a side effect of big time football. It’s here to stay whether y’all like it or not. Police your own people and they’ll usually stop but don’t be naive and not expect to hear it at all.

Y’all ever been to a game at ECU or NCSU? Clemson? The students are all the same. Tailgating is part of the experience and gets people riled up. Not excusing poor behavior and harassment but language? Come on y’all

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:30 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:22 pm
This is a side effect of big time football. It’s here to stay whether y’all like it or not. Police your own people and they’ll usually stop but don’t be naive and not expect to hear it at all.

Y’all ever been to a game at ECU or NCSU? Clemson? The students are all the same. Tailgating is part of the experience and gets people riled up. Not excusing poor behavior and harassment but language? Come on y’all
Actually you are excusing it. That is absolutely your right, but you are.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:46 pm

bcoach wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:30 pm
yosef69 wrote:

Not really, the in your face stuff is bad and anything targeted at specific fans is bad and we as fans should police that.

I am excusing profanity, sure.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:47 pm

ASU997 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:05 pm
Fan behavior was embarrassing. We had a mixed tailgate of App and ECU tents set up and the amount of obscenities yelled at us from truckloads of students passing by was insane. I was screamed at on at least 5 occasions by App students on how "we" were going to get our asses kicked while wearing an App shirt standing under an App tent, it made no sense. This all started early in the day so I don't think alcohol was the excuse, just a disrespectful student base.

In the stadium, there was a mixture in my section, 205, and everybody was well behaved except for the couple App fans that seemed to have an issue with everybody but campus police removed them.

The scene leaving the stadium was odd. I just don't get the amount of taunting of the ECU fans from App students I witnessed, I mean we were favorites going into the game and just beat them pretty good, why constantly berate them walking out of the stadium?

My wife is a JMU alum so I've been around my share of shitty fans splitting games with her but for whatever reason, Saturday in Boone was the worst I've seen. We need to push our students to do better.
Are you referring to 2 guys in 205 with black hair and black shirts on? I was wondering what was going on. I told several in the 205-206 area stop with F bombs as kids are random. I make a point to say it very stern and have yet to hear any jaw jacking or smart butt responses back.

ASU997

Unread post by ASU997 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:57 pm

appgrad2010 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:47 pm
ASU997 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:05 pm

Are you referring to 2 guys in 205 with black hair and black shirts on? I was wondering what was going on. I told several in the 205-206 area stop with F bombs as kids are random. I make a point to say it very stern and have yet to hear any jaw jacking or smart butt responses back.
Yes, those were the 2. It started with them giving some ECU fans a hard time and then shifted to pretty much everybody around them from what I could tell, we were about 10 rows behind them. F bombs are pretty much expected, this was a few notches above that.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:15 pm

Glad I did not hear it. I don't back down from any idiots in the stands.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:23 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:46 pm
bcoach wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:30 pm
yosef69 wrote:

Not really, the in your face stuff is bad and anything targeted at specific fans is bad and we as fans should police that.

I am excusing profanity, sure.
Like I said that is your right.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”