fjblair wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:03 am
goapps93 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:54 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:26 pm
ASU85Grad wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:59 pm
I would be nice if you could text unruly fans to security, but with lack of service in the stadium, security arrives after someone walks and tells them.
A lot of people see the lack of broadband service in the stadium as no big deal. I would argue that it's a safety issue, for the reason you stated and others. But again, my understanding is poor broadband service is common at most football stadiums.
I had none in Kenan. Judging from seeing lots of people looking at their phones in KBS, it must not be a problem for everyone.
Boone is in a valley surrounded by mountains, the terrain in Chapel Hill is flat. Boone can experience spotty service on any given day, not just on football days when the cell traffic is many times more than normal.
I meant I had no service in Kenan, same as in KBS.
WE ARE YOSEF!

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: How Was KBS Today?

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:01 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:07 am
97grad wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:31 pm
hapapp wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:23 pm
I assume you mean the reviewable calls, because they show the replay of almost every play. Don't know if its a conference rule not to show those or we have just decided to refrain from those replays.
AKA the plays you want to see replays of. Was really looking for a replay of the fumble return for a TD on Saturday, but it was not shown.
I don’t have an answer, but I noticed the same thing in Ann Arbor week 1 this year - lack of replays on questionable calls. My Pirate of a Dad has also mentioned the same being the case down in Greenville. Not sure of the reason why.
It seems there is a consistent trend of not showing replays of those plays under review.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:29 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:38 am
When they start talking about academics and stadium size you know we not only won the game, but in a manner in which on the field excuses aren't even enough to make themselves feel better.

RESET mode fully engaged.
Why would ECU talk about academics? Other than they have doctoral programs that the UNC System allowed them to have due to their location and their location alone? It's not as if they are some superior school, and certainly not in the undergraduate or graduate programs that both schools offer.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:53 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:29 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:38 am
When they start talking about academics and stadium size you know we not only won the game, but in a manner in which on the field excuses aren't even enough to make themselves feel better.

RESET mode fully engaged.
Why would ECU talk about academics? Other than they have doctoral programs that the UNC System allowed them to have due to their location and their location alone? It's not as if they are some superior school, and certainly not in the undergraduate or graduate programs that both schools offer.
Location, or unfair Eastern NC politics that gets them whatever they want whenever they want it — like four lane divided highway farm trails.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:16 am

goapps93 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:45 am
fjblair wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:03 am
goapps93 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:54 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:26 pm
ASU85Grad wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:59 pm
I would be nice if you could text unruly fans to security, but with lack of service in the stadium, security arrives after someone walks and tells them.
A lot of people see the lack of broadband service in the stadium as no big deal. I would argue that it's a safety issue, for the reason you stated and others. But again, my understanding is poor broadband service is common at most football stadiums.
I had none in Kenan. Judging from seeing lots of people looking at their phones in KBS, it must not be a problem for everyone.
Boone is in a valley surrounded by mountains, the terrain in Chapel Hill is flat. Boone can experience spotty service on any given day, not just on football days when the cell traffic is many times more than normal.
I meant I had no service in Kenan, same as in KBS.
My bad, I completely misread your comment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”