Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

An Incredible Day

postalapp90
School: Appalachian State

Re: An Incredible Day

Unread post by postalapp90 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:55 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 pm
Apptrain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:12 pm
Dec 7, 2007. Boone. Semifinals versus Richmond. Attendance 24,140. Enough said.
How many did Richmond bring bs the relative few from UL?

Weather?

What time was the kickoff
Were we going to follow up that game with a bowl game?

What percentage left at halftime?

Was it actuall attendance?
8 pm on FRIDAY night. 37 degrees and fair. Also televised on espn2. Followed by national championship game.And how many more living alumni do we have now than 11 years ago? All I’m saying is we’re going the wrong direction in regard to attendance in post season. Great team under appreciated.
Night games were a big deal since we played so few. A better comparison would be the week before against E Washington. Noon kickoff and no rain. Less than 17000.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:58 pm

I’m just proud to be a Mountaineer! #TIGMA.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 pm

So Apptrain feels other family plans, work, prior plans should be scratched to prove you're a real fan. Got it.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:39 pm

I think we should be more focussed on celebrating a Sun Belt Championship tonight.
However, I do believe Apptrain makes a good point, more so looking long term.
For me, I'm all in for App state football. Made it to every single home game as well as trips to uncc & Coastal. Even though I pretty much live on teacher pay, I don't yet have kids and live just 2 hours away so the commitment isn't as difficult as it may be for others and I understand. Everyone has different priorities and a lot of times college football shouldn't be 1st over family and work.

But I as well have been slightly disappointed in #s for several games this year including today's. We were very loud tonight and had a huge impact on the game. But looking long term, us App fans have some very lofty expectations (maybe unrealistic) of where we want this program to go and I agree that larger fan support is a necessity.

Anyways, so proud of this team and the Conference Championship! Excited to make plans to New Orleans! Go Apps!

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:53 am

I was really proud of the students today, totally in to it, and stuck around to the end. Great!!! I was out sick the last two days from work and felt like crap this morning when I got up. Drove up from raleigh with my kid and had a blast, then drove home. Long day but totally worth it. If you weren’t there, you missed out on history. Btw, just watched the first half replay on espn and the production value was amazing, proud to be a mountaineer!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:30 am

I am just glad we made that last first down so Speir could get in the game.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:26 am

The irony that two number twos were in the game wasn’t lost on me.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:46 am

Got back to Myrtle Beach safely and happy. What a great day at The Rock.

ASU78

Unread post by ASU78 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 am

It was a fantastic day and I’m glad I was able to attend and be a part of it. Those who wouldn’t or couldn’t attend for whatever reason missed a memorable game and a fun atmosphere. Actually the less than pleasant weather added a lot of character. There have been so many memorable games over the years. As Mountaineers we continue to have something special on the mountain.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 pm
So Apptrain feels other family plans, work, prior plans should be scratched to prove you're a real fan. Got it.
Not trying to dive into this but I don't think that's what apptrain is saying or meaning. As for work, family plans, prior plans... ALL schools' fans have those. I kinda think y'all are beating apptrain up. To me, he is HAPPY with the FANS we had there but believes it has to be an area of growth going forward. I don't know apptrain and I loved those of us there... Here's a quote for -The Advertiser

"It just came down to little things," said UL running back Trey Ragas, who rushed for 101 yards in the loss. "We didn’t execute when it was needed. We didn’t lock in, focus in, in our assignment, and we just let the noise get to us."

It is amazing how much venom is spit from behind a keyboard--- A guy makes a statement and people can't tactfully disagree-- there has to be "smartassdom and sarcasm"... I don't think apptrain was "bitching" at all. We all need to think before we jump down a fellow Mountaineer's throat... Been on this board or its predecessor many years and, quite frankly, the vitriol is getting old. At 55, maybe this "old fart" needs to move on... I expect better from all of us.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:03 am

HighPointApp wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 pm
You’re a special one, Apptrain.
Thank you. Momma always told me that.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:34 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 am
Not trying to dive into this but I don't think that's what apptrain is saying or meaning. As for work, family plans, prior plans... ALL schools' fans have those. I kinda think y'all are beating apptrain up. To me, he is HAPPY with the FANS we had there but believes it has to be an area of growth going forward. I don't know apptrain and I loved those of us there... Here's a quote for -The Advertiser

"It just came down to little things," said UL running back Trey Ragas, who rushed for 101 yards in the loss. "We didn’t execute when it was needed. We didn’t lock in, focus in, in our assignment, and we just let the noise get to us."

It is amazing how much venom is spit from behind a keyboard--- A guy makes a statement and people can't tactfully disagree-- there has to be "smartassdom and sarcasm"... I don't think apptrain was "bitching" at all. We all need to think before we jump down a fellow Mountaineer's throat... Been on this board or its predecessor many years and, quite frankly, the vitriol is getting old. At 55, maybe this "old fart" needs to move on... I expect better from all of us.
I’ll admit to being quite uptight at the thought of Satt moving on. So yes, it may have come out in my comments. And I’m sure many made much more of an investment than I in making it to yesterday’s game, a 1.5 hour drive and no need for a hotel room. But, I believe everyone on this forum has the desire to grow. Why else did we make the jump to fbs? I realize it will be a slow process and maybe I’m not patient enough. But as illustrated through my earlier example from 11 years ago, we are going backwards in attendance numbers, yet enrollment and facilities are up since then. I don’t know if more can be done in marketing or what? I just hate the thought of becoming a revolving door for good coaches. Attendance is a selling point to coaches and recruits amongst other things obviously. There will always be the top dogs out there snatching up smaller school coaches, but I hope to one day be able to hold our own against some of the less dominant football schools. Attendance, therefore support, is one way of getting there and unfortunately there is a small percentage of us trying to carry the load. All I’m trying to say. Very thrilled with the game and all of us who attended. We were loud for 15k. Wish we would have been loud for 25-30k.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 am

Agreed, and at 58 I'm an even older fart but I was really proud of the student section yesterday. They were so into it and active and loud and looked like they were having a blast. I haven't watched the replay yet but, based on my memory of the moment when we turned the ball over on downs and gave ULL incredible field position, and the crowd was so loud and rowdy that there were 3(?) straight penalties on ULL which pushed them back and helped the defense...and helped win the game so the crowd was small but loud and dedicated.

I would have loved a larger crowd but it was what it was and it was awesome being there. We can't be critical of our black and gold brethren that weren't there yesterday as we've shown incredible support all year...even at away games. The players have even talked about how every game is like a home game because of the support from the fans that traveled. Let's just celebrate this amazing season and make plans to go to NOLA...that game's indoors and New Orleans will be decked out for Christmas. Even my wife (who's a passive App fan only because of me) is getting excited about going.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 am

Agreed, and at 58 I'm an even older fart but I was really proud of the student section yesterday. They were so into it and active and loud and looked like they were having a blast. I haven't watched the replay yet but, based on my memory of the moment when we turned the ball over on downs and gave ULL incredible field position, and the crowd was so loud and rowdy that there were 3(?) straight penalties on ULL which pushed them back and helped the defense...and helped win the game so the crowd was small but loud and dedicated.

I would have loved a larger crowd but it was what it was and it was awesome being there. We can't be critical of our black and gold brethren that weren't there yesterday as we've shown incredible support all year...even at away games. The players have even talked about how every game is like a home game because of the support from the fans that traveled. Let's just celebrate this amazing season and make plans to go to NOLA...that game's indoors and New Orleans will be decked out for Christmas. Even my wife (who's a passive App fan only because of me) is getting excited about going.
[/quote]

It was 3 straight false starts by the Cajuns. Everyone was super loud. That was outstanding!
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:20 am

On a separate note to Apptrain. My intent for this thread was to celebrate an outstanding game by our team and fans. Not to turn it into a bitch and moan thread.

I appreciate your passion but the timing of your posts last night hit a nerve.

I’m all in for anyone who supports this University in what ever capacity they can. From the highest donors to the individual or family that can only make a game.

Let’s all enjoy this next chapter for our football team and our University.

Go Apps!
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am

55 and 58 aren’t old.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 am

Apptrain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 pm
Apptrain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:12 pm
Dec 7, 2007. Boone. Semifinals versus Richmond. Attendance 24,140. Enough said.
How many did Richmond bring bs the relative few from UL?

Weather?

What time was the kickoff
Were we going to follow up that game with a bowl game?

What percentage left at halftime?

Was it actuall attendance?
8 pm on FRIDAY night. 37 degrees and fair. Also televised on espn2. Followed by national championship game.And how many more living alumni do we have now than 11 years ago? All I’m saying is we’re going the wrong direction in regard to attendance in post season. Great team under appreciated.
You seem to be missing the context.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:50 am

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:20 am
On a separate note to Apptrain. My intent for this thread was to celebrate an outstanding game by our team and fans. Not to turn it into a bitch and moan thread.

I’m all in for anyone who supports this University in what ever capacity they can. From the highest donors to the individual or family that can only make a game.

Go Apps!
Seeing a photo taken of the empty east side set me off. Sorry.I sit on the east side and did not know how empty the outskirts were while at the game. The visual hit a nerve.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:09 am

Apptrain wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:50 am
HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:20 am

Go Apps!
Seeing a photo taken of the empty east side set me off. Sorry.I sit on the east side and did not know how empty the outskirts were while at the game. The visual hit a nerve.
Thanks for proving your an a$$.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:34 am

Is this how you 2 would speak to each other face to face while both wearing App gear? Sad to me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”