Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

An Incredible Day

HighPointApp
School: Appalachian State

An Incredible Day

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Today was rainy and cold. All 14,000+ App State fans were wet and cold. However, by the end of the game, we were all beaming with pride and enthusiasm. No amount of rain or cold could take away the euphoria of this App State team proving how special they are.

No matter what happens in the next month with our HC, I am damn proud to be a Mountaineer. I am proud of our University, students, alumni, coaches, players and fans.

My family has enjoyed these past two games. Maybe we can attend more next year. Time will tell.

It’s great to be a Mountaineer!!
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Apptrain

Re: An Incredible Day

Unread post by Apptrain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:36 pm

I hate that a team of this quality doesn’t get more support at the first Sunbelt championship game. I don’t care about excuses. Show up and support.The team and coaches bust their butts all week to give us a good team. We can at least sit through 50 degree weather and a mist. Any alums of App dealt with much harsher elements when in school up here.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:36 pm
I hate that a team of this quality doesn’t get more support at the first Sunbelt championship game. I don’t care about excuses. Show up and support.The team and coaches bust their butts all week to give us a good team. We can at least sit through 50 degree weather and a mist. Any alums of App dealt with much harsher elements when in school up here.
I always say: Worry about who was there vs. who wasn't...... We had a great, loud, energetic crowd who showed up and had fun in conditions that were predicted to be worse than they actually were.

It was great to see a big crowd on the field, celebrating after the game vs. running for cover.

Great job by the team and great job by the fans for showing up. Those who were there stayed for 4 quarters and the students were great today!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Poncho and 4 layers. NP!

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:55 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:41 pm
Apptrain wrote:
I always say: Worry about who was there vs. who wasn't...... We had a great, loud, energetic crowd who showed up and had fun in conditions that were predicted to be worse than they actually were.

It was great to see a big crowd on the field, celebrating after the game vs. running for cover.

Great job by the team and great job by the fans for showing up. Those who were there stayed for 4 quarters and the students were great today!
If we want to be looked at as a big time football school one day we must get more support. Ok if you don’t want to compare our attendance with P5 championship games, percentage wise. But I bet ECU would have packed much closer to their capacity in their stadium for a championship game. I believe we should be able to at least compete with the likes of ECU.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:56 pm

It really was great.

Actually the weather was not terribly unpleasant. I would rather it been 60 and sunny as forecast for Boone tomorrow but the rain held to a mist with periods of drizzle and all there enjoyed a super environment and game.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:55 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Apptrain wrote:

If we want to be looked at as a big time football school one day we must get more support. Ok if you don’t want to compare our attendance with P5 championship games, percentage wise. But I bet ECU would have packed much closer to their capacity in their stadium for a championship game. I believe we should be able to at least compete with the likes of ECU.
We are on the short list of football teams that play in the mountains. Our weather is unpredictable. It’s December.

Again, our coaches and players fed off of the energy of the crowd.

We won, if you want to have a bitch fest go somewhere else and do it. Enjoy the moment. Celebrate and enjoy what this team has. accomplished.

I don’t give a 💩 about what ECU would have done. They were sitting home doing nothing while our guys proved themselves. Again.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:11 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:03 pm
Apptrain wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
Apptrain wrote:

We are on the short list of football teams that play in the mountains. Our weather is unpredictable. It’s December.

We won, if you want to have a bitch fest go somewhere else and do it. Enjoy the moment. Celebrate and enjoy what this team has. accomplished.

I don’t give a 💩 about what ECU would have done. They were sitting home doing nothing while our guys proved themselves. Again.
Actually, they were in Raleigh getting bent over by the Wolfpack.... but point well taken.....

....And I had a friend who got a free ticket to that NCState game and he was shooting me pictures from their stadium, and it was empty.
The Appalachian State

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 pm

👍
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:22 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:03 pm
Apptrain wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
Apptrain wrote:

So they would not have fed off 30k?

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 pm

You’re a special one, Apptrain.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Unread post by 8993 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Why not just be thankful for those who were in attendance today and wish those who weren't the best of luck? Nobody knows what others are going through or if they are able to manage a trip to Boone, especially at the beginning of what is typically the busiest and most costly month of the year. The players, coaches, and entire stadium was buzzing with the energy supplied by our crowd today. I, for one, am not going to sit here and tell others that their reasons for not making it up the mountain today was an "excuse" or evidence that we will never move up.

Having fans that continue to find things to nitpick at and get upset with isn't getting us anywhere. It's just splitting the fanbase more.
Last edited by 8993 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:39 pm

If you watch the recap on Appstatesports.com, the crowd was LOUD. Sounded much louder than 15k. My crew was screaming our heads off, glad to know it was heard on the broadcast.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Have you looked at the other games happening this weekend? Other than the SEC championship, I don’t think I’ve seen a single game that didn’t have large swaths of their stands empty. It looked like there were about 25 people at the MAC championship. Boise St looks about half full for the MWC championship.

We all proudly give our support for the Mountaineers. If we didn’t we wouldn’t waste time on an internet message board. However many of us, myself included, aren’t made of money. I budget to go to one App game a year because that’s all I can really do. I’d venture to say I’m not the only one in a similar situation. I’m so happy that my boys made it to the championship, and won it, but that was an unplanned game with one week to prepare for it. Most people simply can’t make that work because we have jobs, and families, and budgets.

But go ahead. Keep complaining about everybody who wasn’t there and making fandom a competition.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:48 pm

8993 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:35 pm
Why not just be thankful for those who were in attendance today and wish those who weren't the best of luck? Nobody knows what others are going through or if they are able to manage a trip to Boone, especially at the beginning of what is typically the busiest and most costly month of the year. The players, coaches, and entire stadium was buzzing with the energy supplied by our crowd today. I, for one, am not going to sit here and tell others that their reasons for not making it up the mountain today was an "excuse" or evidence that we will never move up.

Having fans that continue to find things to nitpick at and get upset with isn't getting us anywhere. It's just splitting the fanbase more.
Exactly. I was working my second job as a bartender today during our game and had to tell many of my customers, “No. I will not turn on the Big 12 championship. My Mountaineers are on” while wearing my App shirt, socks, and hat. But I’m a bad fan who doesn’t support their team because I couldn’t take the day off and drive 10 hours round trip today. I did that last weekend.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Dec 7, 2007. Boone. Semifinals versus Richmond. Attendance 24,140. Enough said.

Unread post by 8993 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:12 pm
You went back 11 years to make a point yet still don't understand why your attitude is unneeded. Enough said.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Apptrain wrote:
How many did Richmond bring bs the relative few from UL?

Weather?

What time was the kickoff?

Were we going to follow up that game with a bowl game?

What percentage left at halftime?

Was it actuall attendance?

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 pm
Apptrain wrote:

Weather?

What time was the kickoff

8 pm on FRIDAY night. 37 degrees and fair. Also televised on espn2. Followed by national championship game.And how many more living alumni do we have now than 11 years ago? All I’m saying is we’re going the wrong direction in regard to attendance in post season. Great team under appreciated.
Last edited by Apptrain on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falcoapp

Unread post by falcoapp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:24 pm
Apptrain wrote:

Weather?

What time was the kickoff?

This is one of our best games in program history. I m hoping these are rhetorical questions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”