Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State Begins 2020 Ranked #35 in Coaches Poll

ASU3432Mi
School: Appalachian State

Re: App State Begins 2020 Ranked #35 in Coaches Poll

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:32 pm

We're the Rodney Dangerfield of the FBS.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:46 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm
Polls will be a joke this year if ball is played. Even the good P5’s aren’t playing their tough non-conference games. If we run the table and Wisconsin is just decent we can believe we might have knocked them off. Go unbeaten I’m considering us top 20!
UCF did it. #WhyNotUs

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:46 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Polls will be a joke this year if ball is played. Even the good P5’s aren’t playing their tough non-conference games. If we run the table and Wisconsin is just decent we can believe we might have knocked them off. Go unbeaten I’m considering us top 20!
UCF did it. #WhyNotUs
They are afraid of a loss in a year where wins are even more important for them OOC. Despite being a sellout for them and making more money they chose the easy win. They are gambling on being better than us down the road.

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:44 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
UCF did it. #WhyNotUs
They are afraid of a loss in a year where wins are even more important for them OOC. Despite being a sellout for them and making more money they chose the easy win. They are gambling on being better than us down the road.
If Wisconsin had the option but chose not to, definitely would be ducking you guys. But it's really not on the table since the B1G went conference games only for 2020 and I doubt the whole conference conspired to do that only for Wisconsin to avoid a potential loss to App State.

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:50 am

Apple@chin1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
UCF did it. #WhyNotUs
I think your time is almost here. Just keep pushing and they can't ignore App State forever.

10 years ago UCF had it's best season ever at the time. 11-3 with a conference title, first bowl win (over a mediocre 6 win Georgia team), and first ranked finish at 21/20. Now we've got 3 BCS/NY6 appearances and just finished 3 seasons ranked in a row (17-19) and began ranked in the pre-season polls 3 years in a row (18-20).

So I can only imagine where App will be in 10 years with the hot start you guys have gotten off to in your first 6 years in FBS.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 am

citroknight wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:44 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Apple@chin1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
UCF did it. #WhyNotUs
If Wisconsin had the option but chose not to, definitely would be ducking you guys. But it's really not on the table since the B1G went conference games only for 2020 and I doubt the whole conference conspired to do that only for Wisconsin to avoid a potential loss to App State.
I was referring to Wake Forest, not Wisconsin. I don't know that we would sellout up in Madison but we know for a fact we would in Winston-Salem. We also know they could have played us and chose not to. Wisconsin indeed could not help it and I don't think they are ducking us but if they do not re-schedule us for down the line then I would include them in the teams ducking us.

Talk to your AD and see if you can get us on the schedule for a home and away so we can host you and make a trip to Orlando. I would love to play you guys.

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 am
citroknight wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Apple@chin1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
UCF did it. #WhyNotUs
I was referring to Wake Forest, not Wisconsin. I don't know that we would sellout up in Madison but we know for a fact we would in Winston-Salem. We also know they could have played us and chose not to. Wisconsin indeed could not help it and I don't think they are ducking us but if they do not re-schedule us for down the line then I would include them in the teams ducking us.

Talk to your AD and see if you can get us on the schedule for a home and away so we can host you and make a trip to Orlando. I would love to play you guys.
Oh yeah Wake definitely chickened out.

I'd also love a series against App. I love that we signed up for one with Boise. Yeah it means a possible loss but games between the top G5 are awesome.

I'm curious to see if we'll have any spots. They just announced that we're doing the normal 8 for AAC games but up to 4 OOC depending what our teams can get. We're keeping both Georgia Tech and FIU and have officially lost the UNC game. We're trying to keep FAMU but it depends if they can put together an independent schedule since their conference shut football down for the season. So UNCs slot is open depending on if we want to get to 12.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:56 am

citroknight wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 am
citroknight wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Apple@chin1 wrote:

UCF did it. #WhyNotUs

Oh yeah Wake definitely chickened out.

I'd also love a series against App. I love that we signed up for one with Boise. Yeah it means a possible loss but games between the top G5 are awesome.

I'm curious to see if we'll have any spots. They just announced that we're doing the normal 8 for AAC games but up to 4 OOC depending what our teams can get. We're keeping both Georgia Tech and FIU and have officially lost the UNC game. We're trying to keep FAMU but it depends if they can put together an independent schedule since their conference shut football down for the season. So UNCs slot is open depending on if we want to get to 12.
The money, attention, and respect in the polls would be huge for the winner of say Boise vs UCF, App vs Memphis, App vs Boise, UCF vs App, Louisiana vs Boise, Cincy vs App, Cincy vs Boise, etc type matchups every year. I really hope something gets done because then we could know for sure which team is the deserving of the NY6 and it would give these teams a meaningful game OOC and bragging rights.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:58 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:56 am
Neer86 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:25 am
Disappointing and actually surprising to me. Thought we'd be right around the edge of the top 25. Army finished 2018 ranked 19/20 and started last year with over 90 points in each poll; figured we'd at least get that level of respect considering we've been much more consistently good than they have.

Oh well, maybe the media will remember us.
first year head coach, we lost 5 all conference defenders and our running back. I think 30 is about right considering how strong our offense should be this year.

We'll have to run the table to crack the top 25, and that might not even be enough.
I doubt they're really dinging us much for the starters we lost. Everyone graduates players. We return plenty of talent, including 4 OL starters and our QB. And we have a great track record on defense regardless of how many starters we replace in a given year.

Would also be unusual to project a dropoff because we lost a HC who was only there one year.

I think App State just doesn't get the benefit of the doubt that some other teams do yet.
Bingo! I think you hit the nail on the head on all points.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”