Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Rivals Past/Present/Future

TractorApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Rivals Past/Present/Future

Unread post by TractorApp » Mon May 03, 2021 4:58 pm

It's been fun reading everyone's thoughts. I do agree that you can't have 10 true rivals. What I do wish for is to play teams that we have a passionate hatred of. Not really, but you catch my drift. That will only come with realignment. No way are we ever going to get hyped up for Texas State, ULL and ULM like we would for Marshall, JMU, ODU or Charlotte.

Unrealistic to expect to be in the same league with ECU unless a lot of things change, but i hope we can schedule them reguarly. Same with Wake.

Hope some common sense comes into conference alignment, but I'm not holding my breath.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Mon May 03, 2021 4:59 pm

It's been fun reading everyone's thoughts. I do agree that you can't have 10 true rivals. What I do wish for is to play teams that we have a passionate hatred of. Not really, but you catch my drift. That will only come with realignment. No way are we ever going to get hyped up for Texas State, ULL and ULM like we would for Marshall, JMU, ODU or Charlotte.

Unrealistic to expect to be in the same league with ECU unless a lot of things change, but i hope we can schedule them reguarly. Same with Wake.

Hope some common sense comes into conference alignment, but I'm not holding my breath.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue May 04, 2021 7:32 am

TractorApp wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:58 pm

If the BXII expands, it likely takes Houston, Memphis, Cincy and UCF. This leaves the AAC as a conference thats barely better than CUSA, with even more travel. This could be the catalyst needed to reform G5 into regional leagues.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue May 04, 2021 12:40 pm

The ideal conference for fans and students alike is a road trip conference where you can drive to all of the games from your school, consisting of Appalachian, Charlotte, East Carolina, NC A&T, Liberty, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Georgia State and Georgia Southern. Eight conference games a year, four nonconference games a year, the two teams with the best conference record would play for the conference championship. The farthest schools apart would be less then a ten hour road trip away. Future members might include Campbell , James Madison, and NC Central. It might be called the Super Power Nine Geographic Road Trip Rival Athletic Conference. The name is a bit rough, but I am sure a cool name would emerge like Maction or Funbelt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”