Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Grocery store visit

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

Grocery store visit

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:40 pm

Stopped in a nearby Food Lion to pick up one item. Quick in and out until I saw the Athalon Sports NFL draft preview magazine in the rack. A five minute visit turned in to 30 minutes. Only one App State player was ranked in the top 20 of his position group. Zac Thomas was the 15th best QB prospect entering the draft. His profile made it sound like he has a legitimate shot at becoming an NFL back up QB. Was surprised that Shemar Jean Charles was not mentioned unless I completely missed it. Looked at both corner and safety.

Stonewall

Re: Grocery store visit

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Hmmm. I’m with you there.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:26 am

I do find that interesting. We have two players whose stats were at the top of college football world in Shemar Jean Charles and Ryan Neuzil, but they're getting overlooked because their stats are against "G5 competition," but the same bias isn't getting passed to Zac. I'm definitely not a Zac nay-sayer, I think he very well could be a legitimate backup NFL QB, I just think it's odd.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:31 am

I recently read an article that 20 teams have contacted Jean Charles. That article is erroneous in my opinion.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:12 pm

I agree about SJC. I see Zac as the consummate backup QB for several years. He will make lots of money and then move on to TV. Landing a gig like Daniel Jeremiah currently has.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:06 am

appfanjj wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:12 pm
I agree about SJC. I see Zac as the consummate backup QB for several years. He will make lots of money and then move on to TV. Landing a gig like Daniel Jeremiah currently has.
I agree with you, but I think he will be coaching instead of being on TV.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:50 pm

I’m no quarterback scout but I just ain’t seein it. He’s a fine athlete and I always thought a potential taysom hill type role would suit him but as a typical backup quarterback based on the regression he displayed and the inaccuracy that seemed to plague him, I don’t know how he would be successful against nfl defenses. I could seem him on a few practice squads but making a roster seems like a long shot in my opinion

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 01, 2021 9:01 am

His so called inaccuracy was partly due to the receivers not being experienced enough, consistently healthy nor practiced quite enough due to constant disruptions by COVID to run their routes and sync their timing with Zac. Too, blocking was inconsistent.

Not trying to make excuses, just saying there are zillions of variables both great and small. Regression goes hand in hand with the affore mentioned.

Regardless, we won more than we lost and went to and won another bowl game if I recall correctly. ( I only followed the season's personnel half arsed and intermittently, but still saw patterns). As has been mentioned by countless others, COVID hit every team and schedule differently and at different times.

Just my one penny worth.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 01, 2021 9:06 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:50 pm
I’m no quarterback scout but I just ain’t seein it. He’s a fine athlete and I always thought a potential taysom hill type role would suit him but as a typical backup quarterback based on the regression he displayed and the inaccuracy that seemed to plague him, I don’t know how he would be successful against nfl defenses. I could seem him on a few practice squads but making a roster seems like a long shot in my opinion
BTW, I totally agree that he is not first or second NFL team QB. Second string QB has to be as nearly competent to the first string guy as possible since he may be called on to take over the job at a moment's notice.
Just ain't seeing it.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 01, 2021 9:07 am

AppState89 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:06 am
appfanjj wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:12 pm
I agree with you, but I think he will be coaching instead of being on TV.
Or Canadian ball.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”