Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NEZ tour pics

canes_mj
School: Appalachian State

NEZ tour pics

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:46 pm

If anyone is interested, here are some NEZ pics. We went to Boone for the holiday weekend, and I toured the NEZ; checked out my new seats. A few bits of info they gave me:

- 80% of the NEZ seats have been sold
-The field level pic is where the patio will be; the team will come out to the right of that. There will be a bar and food down on the field level patio. They haven't decided for sure long term what they're going to do with the space, but the person who gave me the tour said there is talk about creating adjoining field level patio areas down on field level there for fans that sit East and West side stands as well.
- The railing on row 1 is EXTREMELY LOW ; she said they were all surprised at this, but that it is to code. But I am 5'6, and it was at hip level for me.
- They haven't finalized food and beverage options for the club room, but are looking at bars on each end, with food along the wall.

The facility was amazing. They are still moving in, and still making decisions on some things. We couldn't go into the locker room because the team has now moved in. But the views were great; am very happy with seats.
Attachments
NEZ seats.jpg
NEZ panorama.jpg
NEZ field.jpg
Last edited by canes_mj on Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canes_mj

Re: NEZ tour pics

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:48 pm

Post 2 of 2
Attachments
NEZ side.jpg
NEZ outside.jpg
NEZ club rm.jpg

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:14 pm

Thanks for posting. Great pics. Any guesses as to what might NOT be done prior to this fall?

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:19 pm

looking down the back goal line I imagine what it'd be like to add a lower section to that over hanging upper deck. That'd be a huge EZ seating section. I know it won't happen because they can make more money selling the field level access, but I like imagining things.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:23 pm

Probably the third floor. That was supposed to be used for APP Health I believe. 4th floor is done, at least usable. 2nd floor was done when I went a month ago and the first floor was completed with exception to the Team Store, which looks to be awesome.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 pm

KBS has always been a serviceable stadium in a great setting. Looking at it now, it’s gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures.
Give 'em hell!

appst1992

Unread post by appst1992 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:45 am

canes_mj wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:46 pm
If anyone is interested, here are some NEZ pics. We went to Boone for the holiday weekend, and I toured the NEZ; checked out my new seats. A few bits of info they gave me:

-The field level pic is where the patio will be; the team will come out to the right of that. There will be a bar and food down on the field level patio. They haven't decided for sure long term what they're going to do with the space, but the person who gave me the tour said there is talk about creating adjoining field level patio areas down on field level there for fans that sit East and West side stands as well.
- The railing on row 1 is EXTREMELY LOW ; she said they were all surprised at this, but that it is to code. But I am 5'6, and it was at hip level for me.
- They haven't finalized food and beverage options for the club room, but are looking at bars on each end, with food along the wall.

The facility was amazing. They are still moving in, and still making decisions on some things. We couldn't go into the locker room because the team has now moved in. But the views were great; am very happy with seats.
Did the person giving you the tour happen to mention anything about the overhang that was part of the original design? I believe it was supposed to cover the first 8-10 rows.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:39 am

appst1992 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:45 am
canes_mj wrote:

Did the person giving you the tour happen to mention anything about the overhang that was part of the original design? I believe it was supposed to cover the first 8-10 rows.
I was told, during my tour, that it is a possibility down the road.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:24 am

I actually asked her about another lower level of seating under the current overhang. We talked about how in the original renderings, the NEZ had 2 levels of seating (maybe someone can find that pic?). I asked if they had to redesign and change up the plans once they started building, as it ended up being different than what the original drawings were. I also suggested rather than patios, they eventually put in field level suites/boxes (similar to Cowboys or Seahawks stadium) to the left and right of the main NEZ patio; people will pay for those...the worst view, costing the most money, people who like the social aspect best pay for those lol.

She wasn't as familiar with the design and building of the NEZ; is not really her area. But basically I was told they haven't really made any final decisions about any future additions/changes, but there are a lot of ideas being floated and a lot of possibilities. They are talking about things; it was pretty clear that they are likely going to continue to enhance and improve the building as time goes on and what we have now isn't the final product. COVID disrupted a lot, and Yosef and the athletics office has also had some people leave to take other jobs...they are getting back to normal now and focus is on what we do have; once that is taken care of, then down the road they can (and seemingly are going to) make additional improvements. That was the overall takeaway of what she told me.

To answer another question I saw above, all the football gameday parts of the NEZ should be ready for the season. Not sure about the 2nd and 3rd floors but that won't affect us. But the store, the lower level, the clubroom, and the seating area are all ready.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:05 pm

canes_mj wrote:

Those a great seats. I took some from mine but can’t get them to attach.

JPatH3292

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:42 am

This was before covid but I think I remember reading somewhere (mountaineer impact website) that the end goal was to add walkways on both sides of the NEZ that would connect to the east and west sides.
For now, it’s looks great! But they built it so that improvements could be made in the future when the time (and more importantly money) is there.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm

JPatH3292 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:42 am
This was before covid but I think I remember reading somewhere (mountaineer impact website) that the end goal was to add walkways on both sides of the NEZ that would connect to the east and west sides.
For now, it’s looks great! But they built it so that improvements could be made in the future when the time (and more importantly money) is there.
To me, it looks like the walkway would be on the backside of NEZ along that flat roof.
Bring Your A Game!

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 pm

I forgot about App Health pulling out of that deal. Wonder how big of a blow that is?
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 pm

beav910 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 pm
I forgot about App Health pulling out of that deal. Wonder how big of a blow that is?
Was it AppHealth? Or AppOrtho? I can never remember.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:25 am

Headed to Gala Friday. Can't wait to see it all and my new seats for the fall

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 pm
beav910 wrote:
Haha me either. Maybe it was AppOrtho.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:22 pm

beav910 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:08 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 pm
beav910 wrote:
Haha me either. Maybe it was AppOrtho.
It was AppOrtho https://www.appstate.edu/appalachians-f ... e/stadium/
But they were just announced to be locating to the ARHS Wellness Center.

They were out early in the process due to not being guaranteed parking for providers and patients at the building.

It means that students will be paying for athletics part for a longer period of time.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:13 am

canes_mj wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:48 pm
Post 2 of 2
Good to see the white Block A.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”