Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SunBelt Non conference opponents

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

SunBelt Non conference opponents

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:36 pm

I was perusing some win total projections of the Sun Belt teams and I noticed one site had App at nine. But it got me to looking at the other team's non conference opponents and I must say, most every Sun Belt team is challenging themselves in the non-conference. LaLa opens at Texas, Ohio and Liberty. GA State plays Army, Auburn and UNC. Southern plays Arkansas and BYU. Arkansas State plays Memphis, Washington and Tulsa. Troy plays South Carolina and Liberty.

All of these schools are really challenging themselves with the exception of one school. Coastal has the most pathetic non-conference slate I've seen in a while. Citadel, Kansas at home, Buffalo and UMASS. I mean dang. For a school that wants to be the next big thing in the SunBelt, that non-conference ain't getting them anywhere even if they do run the conference table, which they won't. I was hoping they were playing a good P5 school so I could root for them. But with that schedule, I'm now going the other way.

No real point to this message just found it interesting.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: SunBelt Non conference opponents

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:36 pm
But with that schedule, I'm now going the other way.

I wonder when these games were scheduled? We have games scheduled out to 2034. For some schools that could be 2 or 3 coaches from now.Going out 4 years we have full with OOC games. If SoCar is a complete turkey in 2034 should we fault the team for that at that point in time?

Actually this makes the argument for a playoff even stronger. Even if you are scheduling strong OOC teams is is hard to predict the quality 13 years into the future.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:31 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
I was perusing some win total projections of the Sun Belt teams and I noticed one site had App at nine. But it got me to looking at the other team's non conference opponents and I must say, most every Sun Belt team is challenging themselves in the non-conference. LaLa opens at Texas, Ohio and Liberty. GA State plays Army, Auburn and UNC. Southern plays Arkansas and BYU. Arkansas State plays Memphis, Washington and Tulsa. Troy plays South Carolina and Liberty.

All of these schools are really challenging themselves with the exception of one school. Coastal has the most pathetic non-conference slate I've seen in a while. Citadel, Kansas at home, Buffalo and UMASS. I mean dang. For a school that wants to be the next big thing in the SunBelt, that non-conference ain't getting them anywhere even if they do run the conference table, which they won't. I was hoping they were playing a good P5 school so I could root for them. But with that schedule, I'm now going the other way.

Buffalo is a good MAC team, but the rest of the Beach Chickens schedule is pretty weak. Congrats on the B12 team at home however, even though it's was delayed a season and its Kansas.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 am

Yeah their schedule looks weak following the season they had last year. We all know these things are done well in advance usually, but not a great follow up to the year they had. Either way, I hope they lose every game.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:28 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:31 pm
Seattleapp wrote:

Buffalo is a good MAC team, but the rest of the Beach Chickens schedule is pretty weak. Congrats on the B12 team at home however, even though it's was delayed a season and its Kansas.
And even Buffalo this year has a new coach...

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:32 am

Seattleapp wrote:

I'll never root for them. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I APPsolutely hate Coastal. I'll never pull for them, ever. The only thing I like about them is, that former Neer' and classmate of mine, Tony Washington is their WR coach.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 am

While the topic is about opponents, when exactly do we play Caro freaking lina again? One site says a certain date, another says another date. One poster on Yosef's Cabin says one time, others say differently . Our official site is updated sporadically, seldom a pattern.
Having said that, I still trust info on here more.
5-4-3-2-1- countdown to smart arse comments aside.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:57 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 am
While the topic is about opponents, when exactly do we play Caro freaking lina again? One site says a certain date, another says another date. One poster on Yosef's Cabin says one time, others say differently . Our official site is updated sporadically, seldom a pattern.
Which Carolina? North, South, East, or Coastal? I assume you mean one of the first two.

Check out FBSSchedules.com
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:13 am

NewApp wrote:
North Carolina, as of right now, is scheduled to come to Boone next year to open the season on 9/3/2022.

Next South Carolina game is now 2025 in Columbia.

It's really not hard to find this information...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:24 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:13 am
NewApp wrote:
North Carolina, as of right now, is scheduled to come to Boone next year to open the season on 9/3/2022.

Next South Carolina game is now 2025 in Columbia.

It's really not hard to find this information...

It's hard to find up to date dependable information.
And your link's info is subject to change daily or weekly. It's sure happened dozens of times before. Bet you a dollar to a donut it will be changed in some fashion or other by then. Just an opinion.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:32 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:24 am

And your link's info is subject to change daily or weekly. It's sure happened dozens of times before. Bet you a dollar to a donut it will be changed in some fashion or other by then. Just an opinion.
No, its really not hard to find dependable information.

Of course it's subject to change. It always is. I knew these off the top of my head, but as of right now, every site I found with a quick google search shows the above dates. Again, not hard to find.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am

Reviewing the list of SBC teams and their opponents...appears these squads are playing some G5/P5's where they have a legitimate chance of winning.

Getting the paycheck is definitely the primary goal. And maybe winning wasn't part of the decision making process when scheduling. Either way, it will be fun to see how the SBC stacks up against these strong programs, Jayhawks notwithstanding.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:56 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:32 am
NewApp wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:24 am

No, its really not hard to find dependable information.

Of course it's subject to change. It always is. I knew these off the top of my head, but as of right now, every site I found with a quick google search shows the above dates. Again, not hard to find.

Well, anyway, easy for you and thanks for doing the work for me. Cheers.
Google SUX

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:13 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am
Reviewing the list of SBC teams and their opponents...appears these squads are playing some G5/P5's where they have a legitimate chance of winning.

Getting the paycheck is definitely the primary goal. And maybe winning wasn't part of the decision making process when scheduling. Either way, it will be fun to see how the SBC stacks up against these strong programs, Jayhawks notwithstanding.
May be better for conference to play lower-level P5s and win than vice versa.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:32 am

BayouApp wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:13 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am

May be better for conference to play lower-level P5s and win than vice versa.
Agreed, but it's cool how we're seeing some SBC teams get better and some of their P5's opponents aren't as strong as these schedules come to fruition?

I don't love ULL and I can't stand the chickens. I do love when the profile of the conference is raised because our SBC foes are getting better.

Some folks here want App to get an invite from the AAC. There are some good teams in that conference but there are also some crappy teams. Would there be a benefit to seeing the SBC get stronger?

All boats are lifted by a rising tide.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:20 am

I think that the Sun Belt is the best choice for App unless a new regional rival conference is formed. Rivals in your region are what build programs, because those games matter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”