Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

What are possible home on home series?

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Re: What are possible home on home series?

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:08 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:35 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:28 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:32 am
First off I think a potential solution to the whole playoff deal is for every P5 to play 8 conference games then 2 other P5’s and 2 G5’s for their non-conference games. The G5’s would play 8 conference games then the 2 P5’s and 2 other G5 non-conference games. Nobody plays FCS except possibly for Spring games. Let the FCS teams get a smaller payday in the Spring P5 or even G5 Spring games. Allows for the fans to see more of an actual game and lets the FCS guys make some cash. I’d be fine with App only playing regional G5’s for our 2 non P5 non-conference games. Just do the home and home with Charlotte, ECU, Marshall, etc. No matter what those are sellouts at the Rock. While a H&H with BYU sounds cool it does nothing for our recruiting. If a schedule that includes ECU, Charlotte and 2 good P5’s isn’t enough to prop up our ranking then it just isn’t gonna work.
Also I disagree that a H&H against someone like BYU wouldn't help recruiting. That's the sort of made for TV game that can actually garner some media coverage and a decent TV slot.
Agree about BYU. BYU is what I consider a niche opponent that could bring a decent contingent of fans. There is a decent population in NC that prescribe to the Mormon faith. Given the military presence in NC, I would put the service academies in the same category.
Agreed. BYU is a marquee brand. If App plays BYU anywhere, there’s a ton of eyeballs on that game that we don’t typically get.

Look at the ratings for that Coastal-BYU game. Make no mistake, it paid dividends for the beach chickens.
YNWA

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:30 am

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:08 am
AppSt94 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
First off I think a potential solution to the whole playoff deal is for every P5 to play 8 conference games then 2 other P5’s and 2 G5’s for their non-conference games. The G5’s would play 8 conference games then the 2 P5’s and 2 other G5 non-conference games. Nobody plays FCS except possibly for Spring games. Let the FCS teams get a smaller payday in the Spring P5 or even G5 Spring games. Allows for the fans to see more of an actual game and lets the FCS guys make some cash. I’d be fine with App only playing regional G5’s for our 2 non P5 non-conference games. Just do the home and home with Charlotte, ECU, Marshall, etc. No matter what those are sellouts at the Rock. While a H&H with BYU sounds cool it does nothing for our recruiting. If a schedule that includes ECU, Charlotte and 2 good P5’s isn’t enough to prop up our ranking then it just isn’t gonna work.
Also I disagree that a H&H against someone like BYU wouldn't help recruiting. That's the sort of made for TV game that can actually garner some media coverage and a decent TV slot.
Agree about BYU. BYU is what I consider a niche opponent that could bring a decent contingent of fans. There is a decent population in NC that prescribe to the Mormon faith. Given the military presence in NC, I would put the service academies in the same category.
Agreed. BYU is a marquee brand. If App plays BYU anywhere, there’s a ton of eyeballs on that game that we don’t typically get.

Look at the ratings for that Coastal-BYU game. Make no mistake, it paid dividends for the beach chickens.
Just to clarify, I was talking about BYU being a niche opponent in terms of a non regionalized opponent that would bring fans to KBS.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:06 am

Although I would love to play Army and/or Navy in a general sense as bucket list item is to attend an Army/Navy game...those types of offenses is something you see once in a decade unless you are doing n their conference or Notre Dame (plays Navy)....that would be tough challenge....
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am

AppSt94 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
I think our own fans would turn out in big numbers to watch us play BYU simply because they've heard of them. BYU has P5 level name recognition.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:20 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am
AppSt94 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
I think our own fans would turn out in big numbers to watch us play BYU simply because they've heard of them. BYU has P5 level name recognition.
Probably true (if it actually happened) but it likely would be relegated to week night.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:20 am
EastHallApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Probably true (if it actually happened) but it likely would be relegated to week night.
We have more control over that with an OOC game.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:19 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 pm
NewApp wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:20 am
EastHallApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

We have more control over that with an OOC game.
I would have thought so, but then Marshall happened.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”