Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Big Attendance for ECU game

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: Big Attendance for ECU game

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:18 pm

I mentioned this last night but deleted it because I had to confirm. I confirmed today.

ECU still has a lot of their allotment available. App doesn't. Like 94 said, we are giving the discounted student tickets to SYC as a reward for joining SYC -- not necessarily as an incentive. It's simply a supply and demand thing. Also, as far as I know, ECU doesn't have a SYC type program (could be wrong -- don't follow them at all).

What I am still trying to figure out is if the allotments were the same. If we started with the same amount and ECU still has a considerable amount, that could be a good sign for our attendance.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm

My guess is that APP will have more in attendance but I would be surprised if the totals top 30,000
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:36 pm

I think it depends on who you ask. “Hoist the Colours” reported that ECU has sold through their initial allotment and has asked for more. I have no reason to not believe Steve. If you go to Ticketmaster, find the game and unfiltered the tickets for resale, it looks promising. Would be interested to know what the administrations feel on the impact on ticket sales for moving the game from Saturday to Thursday

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:50 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:36 pm
I think it depends on who you ask. “Hoist the Colours” reported that ECU has sold through their initial allotment and has asked for more. I have no reason to not believe Steve. If you go to Ticketmaster, find the game and unfiltered the tickets for resale, it looks promising. Would be interested to know what the administrations feel on the impact on ticket sales for moving the game from Saturday to Thursday
The ask for extra could be why they have more of an allotment now and are able to offer all students at a discounted price...

I just know App has less tickets available than ECU does now. Not sure what the initial plus additional for each school were/are.

Also, Stephen Igoe is known in the industry to embellish things if it helps ECU. Only person I can think of worse in the 247 network is the dude from Ga State. Not saying he's wrong here because I really don't know -- but I wouldn't take everything he says as gospel either.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:20 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:37 am
JTApps1 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:59 am
spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:32 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:39 pm
They can buy one ticket for $25.

My daughter has a full ride to ECU next year and they sent her an email allowing her to buy as many as she wanted for $25. Hopefully App does the same near kickoff.
Can all ECU students buy a $25 ticket while only SYC members at App can buy a ticket at $25?

If so, that would be a huge mistake by our admin.
Or it could be a huge incentive to join SYC.
My daughter starts school at App in just under 3 weeks . She joined the SYC yesterday because of this post and purchased her ticket today! She hoping they cancel classes that day because Thursday is a full day of classes for her.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:53 pm

I am certain they will not cancel classes. If they don't cancel class for mid week home games where there are thousands of cars needing the parking spaces then there is no way they do it for an away game.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm
My guess is that APP will have more in attendance but I would be surprised if the totals top 30,000
If we can’t muster over 30k in attendance for an opening weekend, in Charlotte, post COVID matchup against an in-state opponent…we are small fries and always will be. I’m officially prepared to be disappointed.
YNWA

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 am

ah59396 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
If we can’t muster over 30k in attendance for an opening weekend, in Charlotte, post COVID matchup against an in-state opponent…we are small fries and always will be. I’m officially prepared to be disappointed.
Good morning. You need to refill your cup. It appears to be half empty.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:49 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:50 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
The ask for extra could be why they have more of an allotment now and are able to offer all students at a discounted price...

I just know App has less tickets available than ECU does now. Not sure what the initial plus additional for each school were/are.

Also, Stephen Igoe is known in the industry to embellish things if it helps ECU. Only person I can think of worse in the 247 network is the dude from Ga State. Not saying he's wrong here because I really don't know -- but I wouldn't take everything he says as gospel either.
I get that about Stephen. And yes, Ben is the same way on the Ga State site. In defense of Stephen, he could just be pandering to his base. Those guys over at HTC are easy to rile up. One of them, “PirateBacker”, played football at APP. Not sure what his connection to EZU is.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:35 am

JTApps1 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:59 am
spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:32 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:39 pm
They can buy one ticket for $25.

My daughter has a full ride to ECU next year and they sent her an email allowing her to buy as many as she wanted for $25. Hopefully App does the same near kickoff.
Can all ECU students buy a $25 ticket while only SYC members at App can buy a ticket at $25?

If so, that would be a huge mistake by our admin.
Co-worker's daughter, who goes to ECU, just got tickets for her and him for $25 each.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:39 am

Just ordered my Miami tickets. Asked about sales for ECU. Was told that we sold our allotment. Don’t know what the allotment was.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:01 am

AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

For the record it was Gilbert, ECUs AD, who announced they have sold their initial allotment and asked/received a second.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:01 am
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

For the record it was Gilbert, ECUs AD, who announced they have sold their initial allotment and asked/received a second.
If our allotment is sold out, does that mean we asked and got a second allotment equal to ECU's, that we didn't ask for a second, or that we asked and they said no?

This is a general question, not really directed specifically at you to answer.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:10 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:29 pm
As we all know, we don’t always know the plan from our administration. It could just be a way to offer to SYC members first. Looking at it from another perspective, if I was a current student and dropped $25 to join the SYC, I would be pissed if I wasn’t able to get tickets at a discount because Joe Student got them all. I’m not disagreeing with your point, because I agree with your premise. Just looking at it from a different angle.
I'm thinking all students should get $25 tickets with SYC members getting the best seats for even less than $25.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:12 am

I didn’t ask that specifically. I didn’t want to take up too much of her time. All she followed up with was that we are referring anyone wanting tickets to call the BoA ticket office.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:19 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:18 pm
I mentioned this last night but deleted it because I had to confirm. I confirmed today.

ECU still has a lot of their allotment available. App doesn't. Like 94 said, we are giving the discounted student tickets to SYC as a reward for joining SYC -- not necessarily as an incentive. It's simply a supply and demand thing. Also, as far as I know, ECU doesn't have a SYC type program (could be wrong -- don't follow them at all).

What I am still trying to figure out is if the allotments were the same. If we started with the same amount and ECU still has a considerable amount, that could be a good sign for our attendance.
ECU does have a Student Pirate Club that costs $50 to join. At their peak in the 2010's they had over 10,000 students in the club. I'm not sure what it is today.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:53 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 am
ah59396 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Good morning. You need to refill your cup. It appears to be half empty.
Haha touché. I’m preparing for the worst. I’m hoping to be blown away. But you’re right, I’m being a negative Nancy.
YNWA

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:21 am

I believe I heard Doug say that there were 30,000 total tickets sold for the ECU game in Charlotte in his Media Day interview.
Also, I believe he said that season ticket sales were at an all-time high...

Can anyone confirm these two things?

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:25 am

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:21 am
I believe I heard Doug say that there were 30,000 total tickets sold for the ECU game in Charlotte in his Media Day interview.

Confirmed with a minor exception (I think). Pretty sure he said season ticket sales were "trending" at a rate that would be an all-time high, I don't think we're quite there yet.

Correct on the 30k total tickets, hoping we can get at least 10k more.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:53 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:25 am
Rick83 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:21 am

Confirmed with a minor exception (I think). Pretty sure he said season ticket sales were "trending" at a rate that would be an all-time high, I don't think we're quite there yet.

Correct on the 30k total tickets, hoping we can get at least 10k more.
Is this the total sold by App or total sold by both App and ECU?
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”