Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Way, Way Too Early Bowl Projection

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Way, Way Too Early Bowl Projection

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:50 pm

Of course, just another offseason time filler, but La.Tech in NOLA isn’t an insult, considering that they have Coastal vs Toledo in Conway and LaLa in Montgomery.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 20181/Amp/

VNova

Re: Way, Way Too Early Bowl Projection

Unread post by VNova » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:49 pm

Playing Louisiana Tech would be neat. New team, relatively successful, and another chance to prove Sun Belt superiority.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:09 pm

VNova wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:49 pm
Playing Louisiana Tech would be neat. New team, relatively successful, and another chance to prove Sun Belt superiority.
And would be playing against former Mountaineer, Marcus Williams Jr.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 am

"The Knights will be battling Cincinnati, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina and others for this invite. The race for the Group of 5's NY6 bid will be fun to watch this fall."

Still struggling to see how we completely fell out of these discussions in one abnormal year, but another reason to prove them all wrong.

rbarthle17
Site Admin

Unread post by rbarthle17 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:08 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 am
"The Knights will be battling Cincinnati, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina and others for this invite. The race for the Group of 5's NY6 bid will be fun to watch this fall."

Still struggling to see how we completely fell out of these discussions in one abnormal year, but another reason to prove them all wrong.
Neither us or UL are going to win our P5 game, and one or both of us will knock Coastal out. A SB team would have to go undefeated to overcome the weak perception of the conference. It's going to take the AAC as a whole having an off year for us to have a shot.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:44 am

I don't think UCF or Cincy will will their P5 games either, and the reputation of the Sun Belt made significant strides last year. The whole AAC doesn't have to have a bad year because only a few schools in that conference even compete for their title. If the AAC champ has 2 or more loses and the Sun Belt champ only has an out of conference loss to either Texas or Miami, I think the Sun Belt champ is in very good shape to get that NY6 bowl. The Sun Belt is the only G5 conference with 2 way too early pre season top 25 teams, I wouldn't say that is a weak perception of the conference.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:05 am

Meh. It’s just one guys opinion looking to fill some time with Op Ed content. Ironically, he lives in NC. My guess is that he hasn’t done much of a deep dive into anyone at the G5 level to justify his statements. I would guess that we are included in the “others” category. For us in particular, as is a lot of prognosticators, he is over valuing the loss of Zac and undervaluing the addition of CB. Let them. No concerns that CB can get it done.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:20 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:05 am

Meh. It’s just one guys opinion looking to fill some time with Op Ed content. Ironically, he lives in NC. My guess is that he hasn’t done much of a deep dive into anyone at the G5 level to justify his statements. I would guess that we are included in the “others” category. For us in particular, as is a lot of prognosticators, he is over valuing the loss of Zac and undervaluing the addition of CB. Let them. No concerns that CB can get it done.
Agree, CB has the talent or he'd never had a scholarship to Clemson and Duke, he's definitely competed at a higher level. hope the team can come together and have a great year.
BLACK SATURDAY

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:07 am

I don't really like these early bowl projections because for the G5's they really just take the bowls setup for each conference and basically play musical chairs with them. They don't really have any rhyme or reason to their slotting of teams into bowls.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:47 am

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:44 am
I don't think UCF or Cincy will will their P5 games either, and the reputation of the Sun Belt made significant strides last year. The whole AAC doesn't have to have a bad year because only a few schools in that conference even compete for their title. If the AAC champ has 2 or more loses and the Sun Belt champ only has an out of conference loss to either Texas or Miami, I think the Sun Belt champ is in very good shape to get that NY6 bowl. The Sun Belt is the only G5 conference with 2 way too early pre season top 25 teams, I wouldn't say that is a weak perception of the conference.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... hp&pc=U531

This article says Cincy is one of 7 teams favored in each of their games, fwiw
BLACK SATURDAY

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Cincy plays at Indiana and at Notre Dame in back to back weeks. Perhaps they will be favored in each game but it would surprise me for them to be favored over Notre Dame under touchdown Jesus.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:52 pm

speaking of TD Jesus, do we still have the RB from them in school and on the roster?
BLACK SATURDAY

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:08 pm

Unless something changes and we can fill at large spots instead of the current bowl tie-ins, there really is no one out there that I have any excitement about playing.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:12 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:52 pm
speaking of TD Jesus, do we still have the RB from them in school and on the roster?
Yes, he is enrolled and on the roster.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”