Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Clifton Duck

acp
School: Appalachian State

Clifton Duck

Unread post by acp » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Just read that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (CFL) released Clifton Duck.

appswin1

Re: Clifton Duck

Unread post by appswin1 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:45 am

I wish he would have stayed at App 1 more year, but I also understand that draw to go play pro.

HkyMtneer
School: Appalachian State

Re: Clifton Duck

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:00 am

I hate this for Duck...he was a heck of a baller while on the mtn. I also wish he would have stayed one more year, developed his game/stats even further, pushed another year towards a degree, and maybe he would have been a late-round pick. I realize that every situation is different, and I won't knock a player for making a personal decision, for whatever the reason...right or wrong call in the long term. That having been said, and even given our soaring success over the past almost 2 decades now, I've yet to see a single App State player that I could truly say would be making better than a 50/50 decision in leaving early, especially in regards to playing pro ball and positioning themselves for a successful professional career. We're just not to the point where the talent level is so top-shelf that 3 and done is a winning formula for these guys hoping to have a shot at the next level. I know things happen (injuries, etc.) but the potential reward of another year in Boone, to me, has and still does outweigh throwing your name in the draft hat a year early.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”