Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NC Legislature vs. NCHSAA

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: NC Legislature vs. NCHSAA

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:24 pm

fjblair wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:02 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 pm
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 pm
Tucker is peeved because she is about to be out of a job. A high paying job.
I read some years ago how much her position paid, though it was to a predecessor or two before her. I have to admit to being a bit amazed at the salary. I think some bad politics are at play and it may be gender and race involved as well. Still I can't get past the salary.

One could be entering high school as a 13 year old and to see those sorts of salaries given to the adults. Something about it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. The 13 year old may be developing CTE and others are drawing huge salaries.

For people born August to September a college student could be involved in NCAA athletics could be 17 but the vast majority of student-athletes are adults in a legal manner due to be 18 or older. A lot of big salaries there as well but at least it is between adults. And with NIL some of the rough edges are being smoothed at the college level.

I teach at a school without athletics (which is nice to be honest), though some of the students participate in sports at their home school (which is nice for the students.) and my daughters are out of high school (and college) so this does not effect me if the NCHSAA goes to crap. But I have a hard time getting upset, and I am sure some of that is from statements (possibly embellished) from coaches and ADs at former schools.

My wife coaches some at her school and she may tell you I am full of shit and this could be the best of worst thing for HS sports.
So how much is the salary?
I don't remember but a few hundred thousand like around a quarter million or a bit more. Don't quote me on that and that would have been 4 or 5 years ago I am thinking.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Figure I saw was $160,000 + benefits. Not that out of line in my opinion.
Bring Your A Game!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:21 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”