Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Oklahoma and Texas to SEC???

scatman77

Re: Oklahoma and Texas to SEC???

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:13 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:25 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:39 pm
We’ll need to see how the Big12 responds before we know how it impacts the SBC.

We could see the Big 10 respond as well leaving the leftovers from the Big12 in jeopardy of keeping its “P5” status.

I think this is a bad decision for OU and Texas and will lead to a split of the SEC down the line.
Interested in your thoughts concerning the last statement. Why do you feel it cou”d lead to a split of the SEC and what is your vision of what that looks like?
I can agree with Saint's last statement, and actually foresee a SWC arise from the ashes as the SEC splits.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:52 am

scatman77 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:13 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:25 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:39 pm
We’ll need to see how the Big12 responds before we know how it impacts the SBC.

We could see the Big 10 respond as well leaving the leftovers from the Big12 in jeopardy of keeping its “P5” status.

I think this is a bad decision for OU and Texas and will lead to a split of the SEC down the line.
Interested in your thoughts concerning the last statement. Why do you feel it cou”d lead to a split of the SEC and what is your vision of what that looks like?
I can agree with Saint's last statement, and actually foresee a SWC arise from the ashes as the SEC splits.
SMU would be all over that for inclusion in the new Big 12. Tulsa and Houston would want on as a newbie. Would not be surprised if ULL would want in. They would want Florida teams of UCF and USF to have Florida presence

If this happens, maybe a revamped AAC/SBC that would include us and ECU in a conference maybe with Cincy, UCF and USF and some others. This is probably a pipie dream..Whatever happens, it will be interesting and I hope we are in a better position overall.... whatever that means.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:26 am

Kansas.

According to reporter Mike Vernon, Kansas has set up a conference call with the Big Ten.
#99ForPresident!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:35 am

When we moved up, the writing was on the wall that a super conference would be formed sooner than later. That is a large reason we moved up so we didn't get left behind again. We moved up knowing we would be in the second tier again -- just didn't want to drop down to the third tier which is where we would have been if we didn't move.

When this happens, we will be the de facto FCS and the current FCS will be the de facto D2.

That said, the success we have had makes us more intriguing at the top level of of the second tier.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm

"May you live in interesting times".

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:26 am
Kansas.

According to reporter Mike Vernon, Kansas has set up a conference call with the Big Ten.
This is the one thing I was absolutely certain would happen when the Texas/OU story broke.

Don't know if the Kansas politicians will let it happen though because it leaves Kansas St. hung out to dry.

The politics in Texas will be interesting as well as Baylor and Texas Tech have some people in the Texas legislature.

The WVU folks should be burning up the phone lines to the ACC headquarters. That may be their only hope to stay in a P5 league.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:16 pm

I think the ACC is the only realistic shot for WVU - It makes too much sense so that is what worries me ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:02 pm

If I am the ACC, I would go for TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma St.. if the the Big 12 breaks pick up potential viewers in Texas and Oklahoma. Just personal opinion.
#99ForPresident!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:03 pm

SEC “Super Conference A”
Adds Texas and Oklahoma to SEC then Clemson and Florida State are added.

Creates an 18 team super conference divided into two divisions. Each team plays 8 Division conference games, 1 cross division game and 3 OOC games.

Big Ten “Super Conference B”

Super Conference B does the same…by adding 4 teams. Adds USC and Oregon then Notre Dame and one more maybe Kansas or Colorado.

Each Super Conference Team Plays 8 division conference games, 1 cross division game within conference, and 3 OOC games.

Of the 3 OOC games Each team would play 1 game between the super two conferences.

The AD from each Super Conference team would be able to schedule the remaining 2 OOC games with any other FBS team outside the two super conferences “PAC 12: Big 12, ACC or G5 conference”.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:27 pm

I’m not sure I’d add any schools if I’m the Big Ten or ACC. None of the other schools add anything of substance.

Big12 responds picking up 2-4 AAC and MWC schools.

SBC should proactively add Marshall and USM as the AAC will look to raid CUSA and SBC programs (probably not App unfortunately).

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:49 pm

So Saint, why do you feel WVU would offer nothing of substance to the ACC? I can agree with you on the Big 10. They probably feel it was a mistake to take Nebraska and Rutgers, however I do see why Kansas might be of interest (but it would add another sorry football team to their overrated football conference)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:12 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:49 pm
So Saint, why do you feel WVU would offer nothing of substance to the ACC? I can agree with you on the Big 10. They probably feel it was a mistake to take Nebraska and Rutgers, however I do see why Kansas might be of interest (but it would add another sorry football team to their overrated football conference)
Any one that the ACC would entertain bringing in would need to generate roughly $50 million in revenue to make an appreciable increase to the overall revenue shared by the conference members.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:26 pm

94 I can't deal with numbers. I waited to my senior year to take freshman algebra because I couldn't graduate without it. I was ecstatic to get a D. So help me out with what you're saying
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:34 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:26 pm
94 I can't deal with numbers. I waited to my senior year to take freshman algebra because I couldn't graduate without it. I was ecstatic to get a D. So help me out with what you're saying
The ACC doled out roughly $34 million to each of its member institutions. So WVU, or anyone else for that matter would need to generate at least $34 million in revenue to break even and $50 million to raise everyone’s share by a $1 million.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:42 pm

"The Big Whoever is Left Conference"

BigGreenTruck
School: Marshall

Unread post by BigGreenTruck » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:38 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm
WV academics aren't viewed favorably by some, but recent adds have been similar.

SBC would add Marshall and USM proactively.
WVU has tried to get in the ACC 4 times

1987- WVU was only classified as a Master's College and University until 1996, when they finally achieved R2 status.
1991- Right before the formation of BE Football (WVU and Miami applied- They took FL State)
2003- 1st realignment
2011- 2nd realignment

WVU didn't reach R1 status until 2017. If it wasn't for pressure from Joe Manchin, Jay Rockefeller and the late Robert C Byrd, WVU would have been left out in the cold in the last realignment. I believe the B12 would have taken Cincinnati without the pressure.

Where Marshall ends up I don't know and have no control over, I show up to watch Marshall anyway and not the school across from them.

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:34 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
The ACC doled out roughly $34 million to each of its member institutions. So WVU, or anyone else for that matter would need to generate at least $34 million in revenue to break even and $50 million to raise everyone’s share by a $1 million.
This shows, as many of you know, that for many schools in the P5 they were just at the right place at the right time. Let's say WVU is only worth $20 M. The ACC won't want to add them because that'll bring down the per team payout. Now, there may be another school already in the ACC worth the same or even a little less than WVU. So why are they in and WVU isn't? Well, because that school was in before tv deals mattered. So when they did become a thing, that schools value was baked into the average and that just is what it is. But someone left on the outside like WVU would unfairly have to bring even more value just for not being there at the right time.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 am

citroknight wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 am
AppSt94 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
This shows, as many of you know, that for many schools in the P5 they were just at the right place at the right time. Let's say WVU is only worth $20 M. The ACC won't want to add them because that'll bring down the per team payout. Now, there may be another school already in the ACC worth the same or even a little less than WVU. So why are they in and WVU isn't? Well, because that school was in before tv deals mattered. So when they did become a thing, that schools value was baked into the average and that just is what it is. But someone left on the outside like WVU would unfairly have to bring even more value just for not being there at the right time.
This! Classic example as why schools like Vandy in the SEC and Wake in the ACC aren’t interested in moving out of their respective conferences.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:29 am

citroknight wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 am
AppSt94 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
I'm afraid both of you are probably correct - however with WVU they would get a team who has a long history with current members - other than Penn St, Pitt, VT, Syracuse and Boston College are their top rivals and that would pick right back up - they also bring established history of quality programs in the two major sports - their fans travel as well, if not better than most current ACC members - they are in the geographical region - they have a perfect travel partner with Pitt - I could go on but convincing our MMB members won't help much :>(
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:51 am

SEC has won each round of alignment and there is nothing others can do to come close this round.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”