Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Oklahoma and Texas to SEC???

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: Oklahoma and Texas to SEC???

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:49 am

Yes .If they abandon the NCAA they can wreck havoc .

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 am

This has the potential to reset college football into a new era. The NCAA, in all of its bafoonary, may have actually done something right by stepping aside and allowing this to implode. Texas, destroyed the SWC. They destroyed the BIG12, and now they have their sights set on the SEC. Texas doesn’t believe in equality. The SEC does. So it will be interesting to see how the SEC responds when Texas starts bitching about their equal portion to say a Vandy. The SEC won’t tolerate the abuse.

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:46 am

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:40 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:00 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:57 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:44 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm
appst89 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 am
Barstool Sports is reporting this morning that the SEC has had, and continues to have serious conversations with Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson and Florida State.
I've heard this from folks close to the ACC as well.

It looks like there's a whole heck of a lot on the line with Notre Dame. If they choose to stay independent... the ACC legitimately could lose Clemson and FSU to the SEC. If that happens, I think Ohio State and Michigan likely join the party. Then the Pac12 better look out for USC and Oregon.

I think their goal is to break away from the NCAA altogether. This is, of course, all anecdotal and me trying to read between the lines but I don't see any logical reason for the SEC to reach out to Michigan and Ohio State if that's not their ultimate end goal.

Call me Henny Penny but "The sky is falling".
I don’t think you’re off base at all. The SEC is creating a new FBS and doing it their way. They’ll get who they want and make it so financially lucrative that no school who gets an offer can say no. It’s really similar to the Super League that tried to form in European soccer this summer, but this one will actually happen. When all is said and done, college football may look completely different, and may damn near die because of it.
I just don't see any other reason for them to have reached out to Michigan or Ohio State. Everyone on Earth hates the NCAA except for the NCAA so...

I've seen a lot about the "Grant of Rights" being 2036 for the ACC so Clemson and FSU would have massive buyouts unless they find a loophole. If this is is even being considered, they must've been made an offer they couldn't refuse.

I also saw on Twitter that if the Big10 takes Iowa State and Kansas, Texas and OU only need 3 of Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU and Ok State to find a landing spot to possibly avoid the $75 million buyout (I don't know if I believe that).

All of this will inevitably be settled in a court room is my guess.
Ultimately I do think enough schools from the Big 12 will find a landing spot in some power conference and they will have the votes necessary to terminate the grant of rights and tv contracts and implode the big 12 prior to the 2025 season so they can all get to their new homes quickly.
Not quite. Any outgoing teams, like Texas and Oklahoma now and then any others who manage to find a home, lose their voting rights. Because obviously the outgoing teams would vote to dissolve the grant of rights. So if there's only 3 teams left, only those 3 would have voting rights. And they would definitely not dissolve the grant of rights because it would be a huge financial windfall. One those teams will definitely need because if they're left behind, that means no other P5 wanted them and likely that's the end of their run with the big boys and big money.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:19 pm

citroknight wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:40 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:00 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:57 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:44 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm

I've heard this from folks close to the ACC as well.

It looks like there's a whole heck of a lot on the line with Notre Dame. If they choose to stay independent... the ACC legitimately could lose Clemson and FSU to the SEC. If that happens, I think Ohio State and Michigan likely join the party. Then the Pac12 better look out for USC and Oregon.

I think their goal is to break away from the NCAA altogether. This is, of course, all anecdotal and me trying to read between the lines but I don't see any logical reason for the SEC to reach out to Michigan and Ohio State if that's not their ultimate end goal.

Call me Henny Penny but "The sky is falling".
I don’t think you’re off base at all. The SEC is creating a new FBS and doing it their way. They’ll get who they want and make it so financially lucrative that no school who gets an offer can say no. It’s really similar to the Super League that tried to form in European soccer this summer, but this one will actually happen. When all is said and done, college football may look completely different, and may damn near die because of it.
I just don't see any other reason for them to have reached out to Michigan or Ohio State. Everyone on Earth hates the NCAA except for the NCAA so...

I've seen a lot about the "Grant of Rights" being 2036 for the ACC so Clemson and FSU would have massive buyouts unless they find a loophole. If this is is even being considered, they must've been made an offer they couldn't refuse.

I also saw on Twitter that if the Big10 takes Iowa State and Kansas, Texas and OU only need 3 of Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU and Ok State to find a landing spot to possibly avoid the $75 million buyout (I don't know if I believe that).

All of this will inevitably be settled in a court room is my guess.
Ultimately I do think enough schools from the Big 12 will find a landing spot in some power conference and they will have the votes necessary to terminate the grant of rights and tv contracts and implode the big 12 prior to the 2025 season so they can all get to their new homes quickly.
Not quite. Any outgoing teams, like Texas and Oklahoma now and then any others who manage to find a home, lose their voting rights. Because obviously the outgoing teams would vote to dissolve the grant of rights. So if there's only 3 teams left, only those 3 would have voting rights. And they would definitely not dissolve the grant of rights because it would be a huge financial windfall. One those teams will definitely need because if they're left behind, that means no other P5 wanted them and likely that's the end of their run with the big boys and big money.
That is interesting, I was not aware of that. Strange contract that if one chooses not to renew a future contract their voting rights in the current contract are forfeited. That's odd and I had not heard of that until now.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Big 12 has issued a cease and desist to ESPN.

"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:16 pm

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:46 pm

Going to war with the house of the mouse is a massive mistake.

Mouse is at 120+ billion in value

Big 12 is at 409 million in revenue.

One of these could hold this up in court for centuries and the other is a sinking ship.

In case you need a reminder of the Disney magic

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Good work on that epic rap battles post! Loved watching that again.

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Too bad ESPN is so dominant. Otherwise I could envision a backlash by other conferences switching their TV rights to other networks. Not everybody in the country only cares about the SEC; in fact, they probably have the largest single audience but still a minority of the nation. I do not know if there is any feasible revolt against this and ESPN, but if there were I would like to see it.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:17 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:58 pm
Big 12 has issued a cease and desist to ESPN.

I’ll be honest if any conference not affiliated with this should get behind this. Show them that we’re not joking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”