Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Breakout player predictions? Picks for each side of the ball.

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Breakout player predictions? Picks for each side of the ball.

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:51 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 am
app83 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:43 pm
I am going to go with Christian Horn on offense assuming he can get enough reps with all we have coming back on offense. I have heard Coach Clark mention him several times so their must be something to it. On defense I think Jordan Earle will heave a break out year. He was good last year but I think he is going to step it up this year and he provides alot of juice to the defense. Would be nice if a couple of the young offensive linemen (perhaps Lindsay or Powers) could work their way into the rotation by the middle of the year.
Another good pick 83. Horn knows what to do to get open and got meaningful reps last year. Wells and Davis are ready too.
The Christians and Davis are going to prove to be the blessings resulting from last year.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:33 am

Offense: Nate Noel
Defense: Jordon Earle
Last edited by Appsolutely on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:49 am

Appsolutely wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:33 am
Offense: Nate Noel
Defense: Jordan Earle
Two A + Picks, Appsolutely.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:01 am

Offense: Tapscott by end of year
Defense: Head
Bring Your A Game!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:26 am

huskie3 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:01 am
Offense: Tapscott by end of year
Defense: Head
Lots of untapped potential with these picks Huskie3. Hope Tabscott, Goodman and Shuler gets to show the App State future will remain bright.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:56 am

Michael Hughes -K
Madison Cone/Stuart Head - S
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:22 am
Really comes down to Brice we have never been this deep at the skill positions on offense.

I hope the defensive breakout player is a DL guy.
This is just based off my own selfish desire and his picture on the roster page; but Jamar Rucks looks like a guy with bad intentions and I hope he gets to cause some havoc this year.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:56 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:56 am
Michael Hughes -K
Madison Cone/Stuart Head - S
I like your thinking 1977. Hughes, a true freshman, looks like one hell of a PK. Transfers Cone and Head are coming to the mountain to make an impact in the secondary for sure.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Nate Noel-Chip Hooks with an afterburner.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:34 pm

Don’t know anything about him or if he breaks into the starting rotation or not...but the kid that transferred from Western, Isaiah Helms is a monster. Looks like a professional wrestler in every picture or video I’ve seen of him.

GO APPS!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:46 pm

Brice, in terms of pure arm talent, could be the best QB we've ever had. He just needs to get the playbook down. At the SBC media days, Clark mentioned how the last 5 days of Spring practice, Brice really brought it. The benefit of having a very experience defense is Dale Jones and company brought it all from the very beginning of spring to really test Brice. At first, he looked bad. But, he learned under fire and looked pretty damn good at the end.

That said breakout players for me are going to be Virgil and Steven Jones.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:46 pm
Brice, in terms of pure arm talent, could be the best QB we've ever had. He just needs to get the playbook down. At the SBC media days, Clark mentioned how the last 5 days of Spring practice, Brice really brought it. The benefit of having a very experience defense is Dale Jones and company brought it all from the very beginning of spring to really test Brice. At first, he looked bad. But, he learned under fire and looked pretty damn good at the end.

Great insight AppStateNews. You certainly have the up close and personal information on these players. You made two great picks. Virgil wants to play in the NFL and will give it his all this year. Jones is primed to shine. Good to hear, Brice is gaining confidence and has a cannon. Hope he is working hard everyday this summer. 38 days to kickoff.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:27 pm

With as many proven commodities as we have returning this year, it is hard for me to pick a breakout player since most have already broken out in my book. With that in mind, I am going with some transfer portal guys.
Offense- Chase Brice
Defense- Stu Head

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:29 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:01 pm
Nate Noel-Chip Hooks with an afterburner.
Good picks Stonewall. They sure can fly.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:47 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 pm
AppStateNews wrote:

Great insight AppStateNews. You certainly have the up close and personal information on these players. You made two great picks. Virgil wants to play in the NFL and will give it his all this year. Jones is primed to shine. Good to hear, Brice is gaining confidence and has a cannon. Hope he is working hard everyday this summer. 38 days to kickoff.
From what I have heard, Virgil's "weakness" for NFL teams was his hands and route running. Speed is obviously top notch. The work he has done this off season has been next level from what I have heard.
tAPPedInSports.net

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:47 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 pm
AppStateNews wrote:

From what I have heard, Virgil's "weakness" for NFL teams was his hands and route running. Speed is obviously top notch. The work he has done this off season has been next level from what I have heard.
Virgil speed + Sutton route running + Hennigan/Williams hands = NFL
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 am

I honestly think we have so many talented players on offense that it's almost impossible to pick a single break out player. I like the pick of Pinkney above, but he will be sharing receptions with Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil, Horn, etc. etc. etc. I really want to see Virgil explode. He's had some really good performances but I still think we haven't seen his best. I also think Brice will impress and People will solidify the pre-season press. If Harrington is healthy, we could have two 1K yard rushers!

Thanks for starting the thread. This is the kind of discussion that gets me really excited about the season!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:50 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 am
I honestly think we have so many talented players on offense that it's almost impossible to pick a single break out player. I like the pick of Pinkney above, but he will be sharing receptions with Sutton, Hennigan, Virgil, Horn, etc. etc. etc. I really want to see Virgil explode. He's had some really good performances but I still think we haven't seen his best. I also think Brice will impress and People will solidify the pre-season press. If Harrington is healthy, we could have two 1K yard rushers!

Thanks for starting the thread. This is the kind of discussion that gets me really excited about the season!
Good comments and pick with Pinckney. Pinckney has the pedigree of a 4 ⭐️ WR rating. Hope he continues to push himself everyday.

VIrgil is putting in extra work to get a chance at the next level.
Peoples is getting stronger, looking like an SEC back.
Harrington is on track, trains hard and demonstrates a strong mental drive to succeed, don’t count him out.
Brice is studying the playbook getting timing down with TEs, WRs.

Makes you wonder how Coach Ponce is going to use all these weapons. He may have to run a hurry-up/jet offense just to call enough offensive plays to keep these playmakers happy.

Going into Fall Camp, there’s like 4-5 RBs, 2-3 TEs, and 10-11 WRs that all want the ball in their hands.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:24 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:50 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 am

Good comments and pick with Pinckney. Pinckney has the pedigree of a 4 ⭐️ WR rating. Hope he continues to push himself everyday.

VIrgil is putting in extra work to get a chance at the next level.
Peoples is getting stronger, looking like an SEC back.
Harrington is on track, trains hard and demonstrates a strong mental drive to succeed, don’t count him out.
Brice is studying the playbook getting timing down with TEs, WRs.

Makes you wonder how Coach Ponce is going to use all these weapons. He may have to run a hurry-up/jet offense just to call enough offensive plays to keep these playmakers happy.

Going into Fall Camp, there’s like 4-5 RBs, 2-3 TEs, and 10-11 WRs that all want the ball in their hands.
Great point on hurry up offense. With the experience we have, primarily up to Brice to digest playbook so to make it second nd nature versus too much thinking. Too much thinking always gets me in trouble. :D
Hope 4 is 100%. Going into last year, I thought 8 and 4 were our overall best RBs however injury bug came to visit. Besides looking like am SEC back, hopefully 6 will continue to gain experience. Thought he made strides last year from beginning of year from running to where play tells him to where to find a hole if play does not develope. Sometimes 3 to 4 yards is all you need.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:24 am
Besides looking like am SEC back, hopefully 6 will continue to gain experience. Thought he made strides last year from beginning of year from running to where play tells him to where to find a hole if play does not develope. Sometimes 3 to 4 yards is all you need.
This a ball security are two things the staff is harping on for him this year...
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”