Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

How does ECU look?

Yosef10
School: Appalachian State

Re: How does ECU look?

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:58 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:03 pm
"It's a huge relief being right at 100 percent, we've done about everything we can to protect our players," said Houston.

This gives them a big advantage over us come September 2.
I’m assuming this is about vaccination rates? The % I’ve heard about App is far from pleasing. So if it is about vaccinating rates, you’re certainly right. It’s frustrating Clark has not been able to get that through to the team.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:48 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:58 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:03 pm
"It's a huge relief being right at 100 percent, we've done about everything we can to protect our players," said Houston.

This gives them a big advantage over us come September 2.
I’m assuming this is about vaccination rates? The % I’ve heard about App is far from pleasing. So if it is about vaccinating rates, you’re certainly right. It’s frustrating Clark has not been able to get that through to the team.
Yes, our vaccination rate is so bad that bad luck could easily keep the team out of playing in a bowl game much less even sniffing playing in the championship game.

Teams who are all in for their team and about winning are almost 100 vaccinated. Nick Sabin is a disciplined coach and has his team one player shy of 100 percent.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:38 pm

You’re a better man than I classifying it as “bad luck”. I try to have empathy and understand, but it’s simply stupidity at this point. If Saban and Mike Houston can get their teams to at or near 100%, then there’s no excuse for the highest paid App employee (at least top 3) to not have his team there as well.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:13 pm

That a young Man or Women that made a personal decision on their health…that they thought would benefit them is selfish??! crap selfish is wishing that they would vaccinate so you could watch football.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:22 pm

Another promising thread ruined by the Covid obsessed crowd. We get it, we know where you stand, for Gods sake let something else control your mind and attention for 5 minutes.

It’s been said on here before the psychological impact of this crap is worse than the virus itself.

GO APPS!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:27 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:56 pm
Only thing i say with any confidence is that we will know if Brice is the guy after this one. And if he’s not then there’s pretty good odds we wake up Friday morning 0-1.
Nope, we still have Jacob Huesman, 1-0.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:34 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:22 pm
Another promising thread ruined by the Covid obsessed crowd. We get it, we know where you stand, for Gods sake let something else control your mind and attention for 5 minutes.

It’s been said on here before the psychological impact of this crap is worse than the virus itself.

GO APPS!!
A lot of dumb shit is said on here.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:37 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:13 pm
That a young Man or Women that made a personal decision on their health…that they thought would benefit them is selfish??! crap selfish is wishing that they would vaccinate so you could watch football.
Correction: i said stupid, not selfish. Though it is also selfish, in more ways than just football.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 pm

appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!

Also i eagerly await your posts when we inevitably lose a game because we’re missing an entire position group. Like it or not Covid is going to be a topic of conversation around this team unless there’s a dramatic increase in vaccination rates between now and 9/2. No amount of sticking your head in the sand is going to change that.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:44 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:38 pm
You’re a better man than I classifying it as “bad luck”. I try to have empathy and understand, but it’s simply stupidity at this point. If Saban and Mike Houston can get their teams to at or near 100%, then there’s no excuse for the highest paid App employee (at least top 3) to not have his team there as well.
I agree and am no better than you . I was merely hiding (lying) my thoughts in to not stir up the post any more than I have by bringing up our dismal vaccination rate and how no one seems concerned about it. :D

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:45 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:27 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Only thing i say with any confidence is that we will know if Brice is the guy after this one. And if he’s not then there’s pretty good odds we wake up Friday morning 0-1.
I’d be curious to see if Clark pulls the plug on a transfer prospect in game 1.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:46 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
No.

Being on a TEAM is doing what is best for the TEAM.

PERIOD.

One can make any choice that they believe is best for them. PERIOD.

BUT, if you want to continue to be an active contributor to the team then you let that also influence your decision making.

But hey, maybe Sabin doesn't really know what he's doing and you are right. My bad. Sorry.
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:50 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:45 pm
WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:27 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
I’d be curious to see if Clark pulls the plug on a transfer prospect in game 1.
If need be he should. However, I think Brice can hold his own. In the mean time, we have a lot of talent on our team, not worried.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:07 pm

I respectfully disagree. One game does not a QB make in my opinion. Everyone is new...game speed can only be made in a actual game. In addition, we have have new OL coming into the mix....I am hopeful that we win. However, one game does not QB make. I believe we will see by game 4 or 5 we see what we have in Brice. If we are fortunate..maybe he comes out smoking game 1 and 2. However if he is average in the first couple of games, I hope Clark stays with him. If he is god awful against ECU, maybe you do pull him if game is in reach. However, I hope Clark puts him back in the saddle for Game 2.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:21 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:46 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
No.

Being on a TEAM is doing what is best for the TEAM.

PERIOD.

One can make any choice that they believe is best for them. PERIOD.

BUT, if you want to continue to be an active contributor to the team then you let that also influence your decision making.

But hey, maybe Sabin doesn't really know what he's doing and you are right. My bad. Sorry.
At this point in the pandemic I would say our coaches and administrators are leaving up to the individual.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:33 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 pm
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!

Also i eagerly await your posts when we inevitably lose a game because we’re missing an entire position group. Like it or not Covid is going to be a topic of conversation around this team unless there’s a dramatic increase in vaccination rates between now and 9/2. No amount of sticking your head in the sand is going to change that.
I'm confused how you think increased vaccination rates will help us not miss position groups. Especially after you just posted a tweet about how the Dolphins' co-offensive coordinator was just sent home after testing covid positive even though he was vaccinated. It would appear that having the vaccination doesn't do anything to ensure that you can keep playing because it is still possible to get and spread covid whether you're vaccinated or not.
The mountains are calling and I must go

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:34 pm

Leaving it up to the individual is not a good idea. This Delta variant is taking the county by storm. I live in Florida and we just had the largest single day infection rate of the ENTIRE pandemic. We also are are record level of hospitalizations in many areas. Again, currently, it is ALL about risk management. Get the vaccine and you don't have to test or QUARANTINE for potential exposure. It is the best thing our team can do to ensure we have eligible players to play the game.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:41 pm

CheckYosef94 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:33 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!

I'm confused how you think increased vaccination rates will help us not miss position groups. Especially after you just posted a tweet about how the Dolphins' co-offensive coordinator was just sent home after testing covid positive even though he was vaccinated. It would appear that having the vaccination doesn't do anything to ensure that you can keep playing because it is still possible to get and spread covid whether you're vaccinated or not.
It can HELP us not miss position groups because according to the NCAA any player that is vaccinated and is asymptomatic does NOT need to test even if link by contact tracing. There are breakthrough cases with vaccinated people but the numbers are far lower than the occurrence in unvaccinated people AND they usually are asymptomatic. In addition, there is no way to know that any vaccinated player has COVID because they won't ever be tested. Again, as I have posted many time, this is ALL about RISK MANAGMENT with our football team. They all just need to get vaccinated and it will be a very special season, otherwise we may be in trouble.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:45 pm

The advantage ECU has along with Alabama and every team that has their entire team vaccinated is the advantage of having your full depth chart available to you for each game day.

Vaccinated players will not be tested. Unvaccinated players will be. If a team has an entire unit like say an o-line and only one of the group is vaccinated and one player in the pre game cov19 test is positive then you just forfeited the game unless you cobble up random players to play offensive lineman for a couple of games.

Teams with great expectations but low vaccination rates will quite possibly have poor seasons this year while a handful of good/better than average teams with 100 vaccination rates will have breakout seasons this year.

This said, ECU LOOKS GOOD this year and far better than we do in one important metric.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:45 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:41 pm
CheckYosef94 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:33 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!

It can HELP us not miss position groups because according to the NCAA any player that is vaccinated and is asymptomatic does NOT need to test even if link by contact tracing. There are breakthrough cases with vaccinated people but the numbers are far lower than the occurrence in unvaccinated people AND they usually are asymptomatic. In addition, there is no way to know that any vaccinated player has COVID because they won't ever be tested. Again, as I have posted many time, this is ALL about RISK MANAGMENT with our football team. They all just need to get vaccinated and it will be a very special season, otherwise we may be in trouble.
My bad, I was under the impression that these rules were in place to protect players and slow the spread. Now I see it's all just about punishing the non-vaccinated.
The mountains are calling and I must go

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”