Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

AAC just lost their big 3

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Re: AAC just lost their big 3

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:59 pm

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:30 pm
J_Mountaineers wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:59 pm
It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any interest from the AAC. One big factor against us could be the lack of support App State receives monetarily. There aren’t many willing to put their money where their mouth is. We mostly have a free loading fan base (only 2,700 Yosef club donors).
If the YC would offer less expensive membership options, perhaps things would be better number wise.

The giving levels are below, and I'd say there is a level within everyone's financial ability. If everyone donated 50 bucks we would be golden.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:33 pm

NewApp wrote:
J_Mountaineers wrote:
It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any interest from the AAC. One big factor against us could be the lack of support App State receives monetarily. There aren’t many willing to put their money where their mouth is. We mostly have a free loading fan base (only 2,700 Yosef club donors).
If the YC would offer less expensive membership options, perhaps things would be better number wise.
The Yosef Club will accept any donation you would choose to give. They run a promotion on every social media site and through email after every win, encouraging people to “donate the score”- this week was $30.27. You could give them $5 and I’d bet you’d get a thank you for the donation note.
Give 'em hell!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:50 am

goapps93 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:47 pm
NewApp wrote:
J_Mountaineers wrote:
Really?!? One can join Yosef Club with any amount of money. Every little bit counts. I gave $100 this year. All I could currently afford but it's a start.
I've seen some Facebook posts about a Yosef Club push to get to 4,000 members and, according to those posts, we're just a few from getting there. Can anyone confirm that?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:19 am

If just half our living alumni gave $5 a month, we would double our budget.

if 25% of our living alumni gave $5 a month, we could fully fund scholarships.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:24 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:19 am
If just half our living alumni gave $5 a month, we would double our budget.

if 25% of our living alumni gave $5 a month, we could fully fund scholarships.
Problem is that not just everybody cares about athletics. I give most of my donations to the Foundation since it goes primarily to academics.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:27 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:04 pm
NewApp wrote:
J_Mountaineers wrote:

The giving levels are below, and I'd say there is a level within everyone's financial ability. If everyone donated 50 bucks we would be golden.

I give way more than 50 bucks but with my budget, I need something in return. I buy tickets, I buy concessions, I by App gear. I give to the Foundation and in fact as I have posted dozens of times the Foundation is in my will. That should count for something.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:31 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:27 pm
ASU-FTW wrote:
NewApp wrote:
J_Mountaineers wrote:

I give way more than 50 bucks but with my budget, I need something in return. I buy tickets, I buy concessions, I by App gear. I give to the Foundation and in fact as I have posted dozens of times the Foundation is in my will. That should count for something.
What would you want? Any idea is a good idea. But to be clear, I am only interested in what type of rewards or incentives do you feel are ideal for different giving levels?

I am curious though. Do you get any perks for your donations to the Foundation?
Last edited by AppSt94 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:38 pm

I do not get the expectations to be given certain things in addition to parking and game tickets. Maybe it is just me. I contribute to support the athletic department. If I get something back (i.e. athletic department has to buy something for me), the net earned by athletic department is less which means less to pay coaches and staff.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:38 pm
I do not get the expectations to be given certain things in addition to parking and game tickets. Maybe it is just me. I contribute to support the athletic department. If I get something back (i.e. athletic department has to buy something for me), the net earned by athletic department is less which means less to pay coaches and staff.
Agreed. I donate to App athletics because it means something to me. The benefit I receive is knowing I’m helping in a small way. I expect no tangible gift in return, especially since I am not a season ticket holder.
Give 'em hell!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:03 pm

NewApp wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
NewApp wrote:
J_Mountaineers wrote:

Good for you but your premise that the Yosef Club is too expensive is absolutely untrue and you should be ashamed for spreading mis-information. Stick to the facts. Go Apps!!!
WE ARE YOSEF!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:04 pm

I give in appreciation of what APP gave me: a free education (athletic and academic scholarship, grants); the chance to better my life; friends for life. I give so that others may have the same advantages I received.
The chance to buy tickets and parking is extra.
Bring Your A Game!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:46 pm

I like winning.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:08 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:31 pm
NewApp wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
NewApp wrote:
J_Mountaineers wrote:

What would you want? Any idea is a good idea. But to be clear, I am only interested in what type of rewards or incentives do you feel are ideal for different giving levels?

I give very little currently comparatively to the Foundation per year, but as I said the Foundation is in my will for a substantial amount.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:12 am

goapps93 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:03 pm
NewApp wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
NewApp wrote:
J_Mountaineers wrote:

Good for you but your premise that the Yosef Club is too expensive is absolutely untrue and you should be ashamed for spreading mis-information. Stick to the facts. Go Apps!!!
I meant too expensive for ME. My family comes first, my church comes second, ASU Foundation comes third, Yosef fourth.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:26 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:08 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:31 pm
NewApp wrote:
ASU-FTW wrote:
NewApp wrote:

I give very little currently comparatively to the Foundation per year, but as I said the Foundation is in my will for a substantial amount.
Fantastic! But you didn’t answer my question. You said that you NEED something in return. Do you have any suggestions as to what would justify your needs?

mtoddsolomon

Unread post by mtoddsolomon » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:43 pm

I love app state. When I was at App I used to walk through stadium lot thinking that I'd know I had made it if I could be high enough in the Yosef club to have stadium tailgating. App has changed a lot since then but so have I, the Mountaineers used to be 1 of 3 teams I had to watch every week. Since we transitioned to FBS I've joined the Yosef club and bought season tickets. Even though I live 5.5 hours away, and don't really have the ability to make it to weekday games, I feel like I'm giving back to something that gives me so much enjoyment. I'm proud to ride around Charleston with my Yosef club license plate and my App State SC Tag, I make sure to honk and wave at other App people I see driving down the road. If you have passion around your team, or even passion enough to join this board, you're enough of a fan to donate some money to the Yosef club.

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:46 pm

App State football has 59k followers on Instagram and 58k on Twitter. There’s no reason at least 10k of those people can’t donate $50 a year and that would help tremendously. If you care enough to follow it on Twitter, that probably means you care enough about the program. Hardly any of my friends donate and it’s maddening. They have to get creative somehow and I wish I had the answer but I don’t

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Fundraiser competition. Get 25 well connected alumni to compete by getting their alumni friends to donate to App through their donation page. Winner gets sideline access for a game and recognized at halftime. Maybe throw in some club seats for a game of their choice.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:33 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:17 pm
Fundraiser competition. Get 25 well connected alumni to compete by getting their alumni friends to donate to App through their donation page. Winner gets sideline access for a game and recognized at halftime. Maybe throw in some club seats for a game of their choice.
Tremendous idea. You must be one helluva thinker.
Give 'em hell!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”