Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Why

Appsolutely

Re: Why

Unread post by Appsolutely » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:09 am

scatman77 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:00 pm
I've not read this entire thread so this topic may have already been mentioned (just got home 30' ago). Anderson Castle will be something very special before he graduates. I watched him in pre-season video of scrimmages and what everyone saw at the end of the game was the exact same thing he did against our D in camp. He's a 6'0" 210 pound freshman. Imagine what he will be once he gets a full year of S/C under his belt. Bring on 1st and goal from the 5, big boy!!
I agree, Scat. I picked him as my breakout player of the year on an earlier thread, and for once I might have gotten something right. That young man will run your ass over.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:14 am

scatman77 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 pm
proasu89 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 pm
scatman77 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:00 pm
I've not read this entire thread so this topic may have already been mentioned (just got home 30' ago). Anderson Castle will be something very special before he graduates. I watched him in pre-season video of scrimmages and what everyone saw at the end of the game was the exact same thing he did against our D in camp. He's a 6'0" 210 pound freshman. Imagine what he will be once he gets a full year of S/C under his belt. Bring on 1st and goal from the 5, big boy!!
Anderson played last year.
Program listed him as a freshman. That’s what I was going by.
That’s fair. He was a Freshman last year, which didn’t technically count. So you are both correct.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:15 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Pregame today I commented “Wow Kidd Brewer feels like big time college football”. After watching Auburn vs Penn State, the App State crowd is not a big time crowd. Too quiet, complacent, and disengaged to be big time.
Comparing Penn St/Auburn to App/ Elon seems a bit heavy handed.
I said what I said. A sell out is a sell out. A quiet fan base is a quiet fan base. My point is at Penn State every single fan is involved. Not just the student section. Shout out to the student btw. Showed out and stayed the whole game. Also stopped that great APP STATE chant on a dime right before our offense lined up.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:23 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:15 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Pregame today I commented “Wow Kidd Brewer feels like big time college football”. After watching Auburn vs Penn State, the App State crowd is not a big time crowd. Too quiet, complacent, and disengaged to be big time.
Comparing Penn St/Auburn to App/ Elon seems a bit heavy handed.
I said what I said. A sell out is a sell out. A quiet fan base is a quiet fan base. My point is at Penn State every single fan is involved. Not just the student section. Shout out to the student btw. Showed out and stayed the whole game. Also stopped that great APP STATE chant on a dime right before our offense lined up.
Did you happen to see the College Gameday segment on the origins of the Penn State white out? Basically the school’s marketing team came up with it to get fans engaged because Happy Valley had been called “the quietest 100,000 people in America.”

That’s a lesson other schools can learn, and it’s much better than the “Viking clap”

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:45 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:55 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:32 pm

I’m diametrically opposed to this outlook. I think we best all 3. Our team just gave their all in a tough game at Miami. Probably tough to get back up for Elon who none of these players see them as an old rivalry as is older dudes might. Michigan St is pretty good they ran their big back with a lot of success as we should have, heard the announcers say their staff brought in 41 transfers to rebuild which showed, I don’t see them on the bottom this year. I don’t know, but i’d say we didn’t offer anything to scout. With all the experienced talent, gentlemen’s bet we win out.

My only beef with this season so far is when it’s nut cutting time, we need to ride our big back.
Completely agree. Peoples needs to be the back inside the 5 - always.
How about an old school two tight end set with Peoples and Castle and Sutton split to the wide side? Power running, the ability to slip the tight end and a fade match up to Sutton. I would never alter that set inside the 3 yard line.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 am

The running back rotation is wearing on me. People’s need 75% of the running back carries. Not using him on the goal line is just not smart.

And we better figure out how to defend a simple slant pass.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:04 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:

I’m diametrically opposed to this outlook. I think we best all 3. Our team just gave their all in a tough game at Miami. Probably tough to get back up for Elon who none of these players see them as an old rivalry as is older dudes might. Michigan St is pretty good they ran their big back with a lot of success as we should have, heard the announcers say their staff brought in 41 transfers to rebuild which showed, I don’t see them on the bottom this year. I don’t know, but i’d say we didn’t offer anything to scout. With all the experienced talent, gentlemen’s bet we win out.

My only beef with this season so far is when it’s nut cutting time, we need to ride our big back.
Nate Noel is not a feature back yet. He is to small and can't break a tackle. His chunk yardage is not good enough to excuse all the times he is stopped at the line.

Anderson Castle and Peoples need to be our short yardage backs.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:07 am

appdaze wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Ohio is 0-3 now....i guess congrats on the big win UL?

marshal is not doing great against ecu. currently up 38-34 o a team we handled and kept to 19

Some of you are acting like these teams are dominating Ohio state and West Virginia. Cmon now.
Yes.

I encourage everyone to go look at the scores from across the Sun Belt and the opponents they have faced over the past 3 weeks and reevaluate how you feel about the rest of the season and Apps possible final record.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:11 am

It is awesome to see so many people on this board that know how to fix our personnel problems. I mean, we can save a boatload of cash if some of you took over the decision making and play calling for Clark, Jones, and Ponce from your seat. Bravo.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:11 am
It is awesome to see so many people on this board that know how to fix our personnel problems. I mean, we can save a boatload of cash if some of you took over the decision making and play calling for Clark, Jones, and Ponce from your seat. Bravo.

Good one. I've been saying similarly for years; and every time I do say that , I get, "that's what message boards are for." lol In other words, a chance for members of the board to show other people that they know more than the coaches...as well as the refs. Happens in the stands every game, as well.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 am
The running back rotation is wearing on me. People’s need 75% of the running back carries. Not using him on the goal line is just not smart.

Goal line? Didn't Peoples used to have a fumbling problem or was that another player?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:29 am

Rekdiver wrote:

What if Peoples is a little banged up and requesting time on the sidelines? Guess the coaches and training staff shouldn't have his best interest in mind?

The defense today was intentionally bend but don't break. Keep everything in front, limit collisions and potential injuries, rest the hurt, and don't get beat deep.

We gave up 10 points. Held the QB to 45 yards under his average, held their rushers to 2.5 yards an attempt (total of 66 yards), held total offense to under 300 yards. That's a good defensive performance. Was the zone soft at several points? Yes, but that was by design.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:36 am

Rekdiver wrote:

Agree about the back rotation. Hopefully we just knew we would win and had a set rotation but it got old in certain situations. Noel isn’t our power back when it’s time to get those 3 tough yards and the defense knows we are running. Again, hopefully we are just keeping big stuff under wraps for the really important games.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:39 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:29 am
Rekdiver wrote:

What if Peoples is a little banged up and requesting time on the sidelines? Guess the coaches and training staff shouldn't have his best interest in mind?

The defense today was intentionally bend but don't break. Keep everything in front, limit collisions and potential injuries, rest the hurt, and don't get beat deep.

We gave up 10 points. Held the QB to 45 yards under his average, held their rushers to 2.5 yards an attempt (total of 66 yards), held total offense to under 300 yards. That's a good defensive performance. Was the zone soft at several points? Yes, but that was by design.
Agree. It looked like Elon was baiting us into press coverage so they could try and beat us deep. You can’t go press if you aren’t going to blitz.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:04 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:53 pm
This team, the one we saw today, will lose to coastal and ULL. And Marshall. We are looking at 9-3 with this performance.

Dress it up how you will, this game was a pig.

And Miami got blown out by a bottom tier BIG 10 team.
I agree with this.....lackluster performance from the get go by this team. We didn't seem engaged. Maybe the locker room feeling like it was a scrimmage after 2 NFL stadium games? If we come out like this against conference foes, we lose.

In regards to Miami, I watched the game, Mia.i is talented, but very emotional and poorly coached. Michigan State isn't a bottom tier Big10, they looked good and I won't be surprised to see them finish nicely this season.
The Appalachian State

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:04 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:

Nate Noel is not a feature back yet. He is to small and can't break a tackle. His chunk yardage is not good enough to excuse all the times he is stopped at the line.

Anderson Castle and Peoples need to be our short yardage backs.
Nut cutting time isn’t limited to inside the 5 yard line, it can be a critical drive. Peoples has the power and speed to hit the hole, break tackles, and take it to the house from most anywhere against anybody.Hindsight is clear as a bell and I thought we had a few of those times that might extended drives and given us a better opportunity to win in Miami. Peoples is like having Brian Quick as a receiver some years ago, “when he was open”.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:32 pm

I'll say it again... If Peoples isn't 100% and is asking for a breather, Noel is the better option. Regardless of where we are on the field

Cam had some pain against Miami that didn't allow him to go much in the second half (coupled with dehydration/gassed issues). I was honestly surprised we saw him at all yesterday. Figured we would just let him rest up for Marshall.
tAPPedInSports.net

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:55 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:29 am
Rekdiver wrote:

Based on the way Peoples finished the game, I don’t think he was asking for time off in the game. The staff has been sticking to their rb rotation like they said they would preseason, Problem with that is that in games it is very clear who the dominant back is. Peoples should get 2x the touches of any other back in our roster. Peoples is our best back and we need to start treating him as such. I like all our backs, but nobody should get more touches than Cam, he is just better.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:00 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:32 pm
I'll say it again... If Peoples isn't 100% and is asking for a breather, Noel is the better option. Regardless of where we are on the field

Cam had some pain against Miami that didn't allow him to go much in the second half (coupled with dehydration/gassed issues). I was honestly surprised we saw him at all yesterday. Figured we would just let him rest up for Marshall.
The issue from Miami was based on contact in the game, it clearly wasn’t effecting him yesterday at all. His last Td run showed anybody that, he ran over that last defender on the way to the goal line. I’m not buying that Cam is asking to have limited carries, the staff is just stuck in that rotation and it’s time to stop. Cam needs to be our feature back.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:04 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:00 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:32 pm

The issue from Miami was based on contact in the game, it clearly wasn’t effecting him yesterday at all. His last Td run showed anybody that, he ran over that last defender on the way to the goal line. I’m not buying that Cam is asking to have limited carries, the staff is just stuck in that rotation and it’s time to stop. Cam needs to be our feature back.
The issue at Miami was a knee contusion (and dehydration) that gave him a still noticable limp Friday. Again, surprised he played at all against Elon.

He didn't ask for limited carries yesterday, but he wasn't 100% either. Staff chose to keep him safe. He did ask for breathers multiple times at Miami before the knee contusion even occured.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”