Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Why

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

Re: Why

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 pm
WHY is there no cell phone serice in Kidd Brewer??? Offer WiFi? WHY does that trillion dollars score board sound like a pepperoni dog fart?
It’s either Bush’s or Trump’s fault or a combination.

But it’s not Tony Peterson’s, he’s in Illinois.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:15 pm

What game were you guys watching? Was it electric? No. Did it look to be a dominate performance? If you say no, I don’t know what to tell you? QBs complete 75% of their passes, 5 ypc versus their 2.4. Balls thrown to 9 different receivers. That was a game that was over in the first quarter and we executed pretty much where we wanted to. It wasn’t sexy, but it was a dominant win. On to Marshall.

appalum2003

Unread post by appalum2003 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:19 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 pm
WHY is there no cell phone serice in Kidd Brewer??? Offer WiFi? WHY does that trillion dollars score board sound like a pepperoni dog fart?
Wifi is really fast nowadays, but density is still a problem. Most arrays can handle plenty of bandwidth, but it’s number of hosts that hogs resources. Traditional wifi still communicates like old hubs, broadcasting to everybody. That’s slowly changing with some modern software-driven advances, but it’s still pretty new.

Short answer: it’s still pretty hard/expensive to provide reliable wifi to large groups of people

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:22 pm

We have a habit of playing to our competition, good or bad. It was frustrating that we didn’t impose our will as we should have, but we won easily and as ugly as it was, it was never in doubt. This was a trap game, after the close Miami game and Marshall on a short week. If we play Marshall with the focus and intensity we did vs Miami, however good they may or may not be, we will be fine. Not saying we will dominate them, but I think winning would be highly possible

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:35 pm

I skipped ahead and maybe some of my questions might have been asked but why:

Does Cam get 11 carries?
Did we seem to platoon guys on offense and not bring in a power back in short yardage?
Did they twice display the stats which were wrong?
Wasn’t the Roof100 yard PIC return the play of the game?
Did it take forever to get in the damn game because gates were closed and people had to funnel through 2 scanners?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:38 pm

And why didn’t they ever give out scores of any other games?

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:00 pm

I've not read this entire thread so this topic may have already been mentioned (just got home 30' ago). Anderson Castle will be something very special before he graduates. I watched him in pre-season video of scrimmages and what everyone saw at the end of the game was the exact same thing he did against our D in camp. He's a 6'0" 210 pound freshman. Imagine what he will be once he gets a full year of S/C under his belt. Bring on 1st and goal from the 5, big boy!!
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:00 pm
I've not read this entire thread so this topic may have already been mentioned (just got home 30' ago). Anderson Castle will be something very special before he graduates. I watched him in pre-season video of scrimmages and what everyone saw at the end of the game was the exact same thing he did against our D in camp. He's a 6'0" 210 pound freshman. Imagine what he will be once he gets a full year of S/C under his belt. Bring on 1st and goal from the 5, big boy!!
Anderson played last year.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Pregame today I commented “Wow Kidd Brewer feels like big time college football”. After watching Auburn vs Penn State, the App State crowd is not a big time crowd. Too quiet, complacent, and disengaged to be big time.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Pregame today I commented “Wow Kidd Brewer feels like big time college football”. After watching Auburn vs Penn State, the App State crowd is not a big time crowd. Too quiet, complacent, and disengaged to be big time.
Comparing Penn St/Auburn to App/ Elon seems a bit heavy handed.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm

Auburn v Penn State stadium probably didn’t have 1/3 of the crowd leave halfway through the 3rd quarter either

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:28 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
We’ve come a very long way in the last 20 years. Lots to be proud of.

Despite the ESPN+ potato coverage today, the stadium and crowd looked PHENOMENAL. I can’t believe it’s the same stadium I first wandered into in the fall of 2003.
YNWA

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:31 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Comparing Penn St/Auburn to App/ Elon seems a bit heavy handed.
Apps crowd does not know when to cheer. Cheering on offense is common

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 pm
scatman77 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:00 pm
Anderson played last year.
Program listed him as a freshman. That’s what I was going by.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:13 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Well the dog fart zillion dollar video board effectively kept the crowd AND BOD out of the game early. And every break there was someone being featured for something. The Coach Moore thing was great. Only ONE good App State cheer. It seemed today for the crowd at least wasn’t as much about the game as it was being back at a game. The outcome was never in doubt we had the horses when needed. It seriously was hard to get into the game ( vocally) with all the racket from the board. Band was great at halftime but couldn’t get much playing time early. So the fans didn’t have the opportunity to get “rowdy “ then we meandered to 44 points. TD Roof steam rolled! The board tried an AppState cheer didn’t get it going though. Oh and end of 3rd qtr fan exits is as bad as it ever was.
Stadium looks great. I thought it seemed louder with NEZ. Wine and cheese tables looked full. Concessions were crazy. They are not capable of handling a crowd of this size. Lines were around the stairs and also into the stadium on the east side. Water machine out of water.
Team entrance was really nice. Jerry Moore welcomed us to the Rock.
Nothing wrong with this team, lots going on today, Rumbling Herd coming Thursday,it was Eloan, I still expect good things from these Mountaineers!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 pm
We had better success blitzing King last week than letting Cheek take his time today. Wonder how we try to handle Wells.

Two of the times we blitzed, they burnt our azzes for big gains.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 am

"Ugly wins" is what USA and ULM had today. Yeah we were sloppy and slow at the start but we still hung 34 on them. Come on guys, quit acting like SEC fans where nothing is good enough. A win's a win, they probably weren't focused because they busted their asses at Miami last weekend and have Marshall on the horizon...a game that is far more important than this one. Not to mention this is the first time they played at home in front of a crowd in over a year...adjustments are and will be made...which is why we call these FCS games "tune ups."

Enjoy the win, focus on the Herd.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:20 am

OK, I'm getting kind of worn out reading some of the comments to be honest. No offense to anything. It's usually kind of hard reading one of these game threads after the fact. I have the general flavor so I'll throw my general comments out.

I'm sure nobody was thrilled with the first half. We looked lackluster. Not terrible but no real fire and we let Elon hang around. Second half looked like App football. None of that is especially shocking for anybody who watches games that FBS teams play against FCS. It's not uncommon for the lesser team to hang around for a half. They are usually highly motivated and playing on adrenaline. I would love to see App thrash them from the first snap but it's not all that shocking. Motivation is hard for these games, especially when we have a revenge game coming up on a short week this coming Thursday against Marshall. Bottom line is, I'm not worried about App. We have the horses and I think we have the coaching staff / leadership that makes adjustments and lights the fire when needed. App did whatever we wanted with a very vanilla plan. I loved watching our reserves having success.

We have a big one coming up Thursday. I don't believe ECU is as bad as some want to think. I don't think they're great, but that was a good win. They just upset that Marshall team we play this coming Thursday! The Herd is going to come to Boone motivated. I think these Apps have been waiting a year for some pay back so I don't think it matters how motivated Marshall is.

I also don't think Miami is terrible. They did look bad yesterday but it was "one of those days" where they turned the ball over repeatedly and self destructed. They didn't do that against us. Michigan State is 3-0 and could be good. Miami is definitely their best win so far so yet to be seen. It's still early in the season so it's way to early to start concluding on these team.

App1982

Unread post by App1982 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:11 am

Where was yosef mascot yesterday? I missed the gun going off after touchdowns.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:19 am

Constructively, things to work on are the two turnovers and our third down efficiency.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”