Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Why

kornegaylw
School: Appalachian State

Re: Why

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:05 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:29 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 am
The running back rotation is wearing on me. People’s need 75% of the running back carries. Not using him on the goal line is just not smart.

And we better figure out how to defend a simple slant pass.
What if Peoples is a little banged up and requesting time on the sidelines? Guess the coaches and training staff shouldn't have his best interest in mind?

The defense today was intentionally bend but don't break. Keep everything in front, limit collisions and potential injuries, rest the hurt, and don't get beat deep.

We gave up 10 points. Held the QB to 45 yards under his average, held their rushers to 2.5 yards an attempt (total of 66 yards), held total offense to under 300 yards. That's a good defensive performance. Was the zone soft at several points? Yes, but that was by design.
This is as true as it can be. And the truth hurts some people. Thank you for saying it.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:10 pm

I understand those that feel that Cam is the clear #1 and thus he should get the bulk load of carries. If this were a game against a conference opponent then maybe there is some teeth to the argument. However, given last week, next week and future opponents, I’m good with limiting his touches in a game that he wasn’t really needed to win.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:25 pm

I guess I should clarify my comment re:Peoples and goal line situations. I personally think if the coaches are going to call a run straight up the guy, the bigger back may be more successful. I could be wrong, but it’s my opinion.
Give 'em hell!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:27 pm

All football plays have some injury, whether Peoples is public or not, he still should be our featured back. If he had any significant injury before yesterday, then I’d give the benefit of the doubt to our staff for holding him out for bigger fish on our schedule. Must not have had questionable injury since he started the game.
BLACK SATURDAY

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:38 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:05 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:29 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 am
The running back rotation is wearing on me. People’s need 75% of the running back carries. Not using him on the goal line is just not smart.

And we better figure out how to defend a simple slant pass.
What if Peoples is a little banged up and requesting time on the sidelines? Guess the coaches and training staff shouldn't have his best interest in mind?

The defense today was intentionally bend but don't break. Keep everything in front, limit collisions and potential injuries, rest the hurt, and don't get beat deep.

We gave up 10 points. Held the QB to 45 yards under his average, held their rushers to 2.5 yards an attempt (total of 66 yards), held total offense to under 300 yards. That's a good defensive performance. Was the zone soft at several points? Yes, but that was by design.
This is as true as it can be. And the truth hurts some people. Thank you for saying it.
Probably dashes the hopes of a few earning Mountaineer Message Board member Coach of the Year award.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:43 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:07 am
appdaze wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Ohio is 0-3 now....i guess congrats on the big win UL?

marshal is not doing great against ecu. currently up 38-34 o a team we handled and kept to 19

Some of you are acting like these teams are dominating Ohio state and West Virginia. Cmon now.
Yes.

I encourage everyone to go look at the scores from across the Sun Belt and the opponents they have faced over the past 3 weeks and reevaluate how you feel about the rest of the season and Apps possible final record.
I have looked at our opponents scores so far. I think our guys are a few bad plays against Miami from going undefeated for the season. Our team isn't losing again until maybe the bowl game or next season. App isn't NY6 worthy, but the team is good enough to run the table against the clowns on the rest of the schedule.
Last edited by AppfaninCAALand on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 pm

I have to disagree with those who conclude that yesterday's team loses to UL or CCU. The only way that might be true is if you also include yesterday's strategy. Folks need to remember that yesterday's game was at NO POINT at risk and these lopsided matchups are often used to work out kinks. Effectively, they're scrimmages that count. Elon played hard and did their part. We stayed in our base D and got reps in coverage. I'm sure we could have blitzed all day and made the game ridiculous, but what would it have benefitted. No team schemes a super aggressive game plan in this situation. Chase got some great reps with his receivers. He is getting confidence with his legs two (two first downs and a TD). This game will pay dividends. It's in the books.

GO APP!!! BEAT MARSHALL!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:04 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:43 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
appdaze wrote:

marshal is not doing great against ecu. currently up 38-34 o a team we handled and kept to 19

Some of you are acting like these teams are dominating Ohio state and West Virginia. Cmon now.
Yes.

I encourage everyone to go look at the scores from across the Sun Belt and the opponents they have faced over the past 3 weeks and reevaluate how you feel about the rest of the season and Apps possible final record.
I have looked at our opponents scores so far. I think our guys are a few bad plays against Miami from going undefeated for the season. Our team isn't losing again until maybe the bowl game or next season. App isn't NY6 worthy, but the team is good enough to run the table against the clowns on the rest of the schedule.
I don’t know that I can support your comment of App not being NY6 worthy. I mean, I honestly can see winning out and looking very good doing it. But as of right now, BYU is firmly in control of the bid and outside a monumental collapse from them, I don’t see them relinquishing their hold.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:06 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:28 pm

We’ve come a very long way in the last 20 years. Lots to be proud of.

Despite the ESPN+ potato coverage today, the stadium and crowd looked PHENOMENAL. I can’t believe it’s the same stadium I first wandered into in the fall of 2003.
While watching the game on an iPad from the stands at my daughters' games in Va Beach, I was having this same thought about KBS. It looked great. And it is so hard to believe that is the same place I used to cut through to hike up to club lacrosse practice on the fields behind the stadium (site of the indoor practice facility and softball field today for you guys under 40). If I hadn't followed the team closely and made regular (though less often than I'd like) trips to Boone, I would not believe it was the same place. Our school/team really has come a long way.
Last edited by AppfaninCAALand on Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:04 pm
AppfaninCAALand wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Yes.

I don’t know that I can support your comment of App not being NY6 worthy. I mean, I honestly can see winning out and looking very good doing it. But as of right now, BYU is firmly in control of the bid and outside a monumental collapse from them, I don’t see them relinquishing their hold.
That's fair enough, an 12-1 App State coming off a win in the SBC championship would definitely be in the conversation for the NY6. I just don't see it going to anyone but Cincinnati (BYU is not eligible as an independent).

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:34 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Yes.

Absolutely 💯

NY6 was always going to be a long shot this year. It's Cincys to lose and they may go undefeated and not get it. Its hard to get excited for the slate of bowls we could go to at the moment but I wish we could enjoy our success without an NY6 bid haunting every game.

Yosef1986

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:35 pm

So far - we are where most of us thought we would be. Yes - I would have liked a different outcome at Miami - especially with the points we left on the field - however, if we do our part - we are on schedule.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:40 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:23 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 pm
We had better success blitzing King last week than letting Cheek take his time today. Wonder how we try to handle Wells.

Two of the times we blitzed, they burnt our azzes for big gains.
Well, that is an inherent in blitzing

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:41 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppfaninCAALand wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Yes.

That's fair enough, an 12-1 App State coming off a win in the SBC championship would definitely be in the conversation for the NY6. I just don't see it going to anyone but Cincinnati (BYU is not eligible as an independent).
Ah, yes. You are correct. I got ahead of myself. I still think that 12-1 is doable. It’s a long season.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:43 pm

13-1...we plan on winning the SBC Championship game in Boone...to continue streak of being the only team to host and win the championship game!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:03 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppfaninCAALand wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Yes.

How do you know Cincinnati will win their conference? They have to beat several good AAC teams. There's a decent chance that the AAC champs will have 2 losses.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:17 pm

appvette wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:03 pm
AppfaninCAALand wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppfaninCAALand wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:

Yes.

How do you know Cincinnati will win their conference? They have to beat several good AAC teams. There's a decent chance that the AAC champs will have 2 losses.
Cincy’s toughest conference games are all at home. They might lose this week to ND, but it’s not a tough road to the AAC title.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:26 pm

My take aways:

Stadium looks great
JM plaza is awesome
Low key crowd, but consider it was family weekend and lots of parents there who really dont care. Marshall game will be louder
Need to defend middle of field better
Don't use all the entrance smoke before the players take the field, lol
Lets as fans plan better and be in your seat prior to KO.
Easy, basic win, not flashy but final was appropriate
Miami got housed at home, good talent, not a good team.
We can go undefeated, we could also loose 2-3, we will see

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:36 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:40 pm
NewApp wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:
We had better success blitzing King last week than letting Cheek take his time today. Wonder how we try to handle Wells.

Well, that is a risk inherent in blitzing

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:36 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:40 pm
NewApp wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:

Well, that is a risk inherent in blitzing

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”