Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Video Board / Sound

Ncmtn
School: Appalachian State

Re: Video Board / Sound

Unread post by Ncmtn » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:16 pm

This has always been a problem at App home games. I mean always always. The digital side of the gameday atmosphere has been a joke since we first got a video board and it hasn't improved. It's something I wish they would give a lot more attention to.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:19 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:51 pm
On the subject of audio. Clark's presser today is like amateur hour. The mic is at his bellybutton. Hard to hear hom. In addition, questions coming in from zoom... cannot hear them..just get Clark's answer
Agree. Tried to catch the presser at lunch. No audio. Even saw numerous comments of people pointing it out. I’ve watched some of these recently and some guys asking questions on Zoom appear to be alone but are wearing masks?

I can’t recall ever attending a game where no scores were given out. Several of us were trying to see scores but could not get a connection. How on earth do you put stats up on a huge screen and they are not remotely right (twice)?!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:51 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:19 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:51 pm
On the subject of audio. Clark's presser today is like amateur hour. The mic is at his bellybutton. Hard to hear hom. In addition, questions coming in from zoom... cannot hear them..just get Clark's answer
Agree. Tried to catch the presser at lunch. No audio. Even saw numerous comments of people pointing it out. I’ve watched some of these recently and some guys asking questions on Zoom appear to be alone but are wearing masks?

I can’t recall ever attending a game where no scores were given out. Several of us were trying to see scores but could not get a connection. How on earth do you put stats up on a huge screen and they are not remotely right (twice)?!

About 8 of us were trying to look for scores, but no connection either. Guess everyone was using data or something. And you are correct about the stats, not even close to being correct. Brice having over 300 yards passing and use having 4 yards rushing the first time it showed up. LOL
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:01 am

Re: cell data/connection…anytime you put 30k people in a confined space that isn’t routine, the network will get overwhelmed. That’s why Verizon runs those commercials during NFL games touting their network additions to each NFL stadium. If they didn’t put those repeaters in, at least half of the stadiums would suffer from the same issues as we have. Boone’s population nearly doubles on game day. The cell providers won’t increase their capacity for 6 Saturday’s unless they can pimp it out on TV.
Give 'em hell!

AtlantaMountaineer

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:49 am

I have sat in the same seats in Section 205 for years. Two years ago the scoreboard speakers were loud. This week I could barely hear the announcers at first. It did improve later in the game but still not the same as two years ago.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:51 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:31 pm
I really want the band mic’d up and I want them to play more. I also want the band to take those stupid black COVID horn coverings off their instruments so they can be heard at Howard’s Knob. Putting those things on do not stop the spread outside.
I hardly even heard the band. I have No idea if they were good or bad. It is sad, yet again we- our university failed so miserably across the board Saturday. The only good thing besides winning to me was the deafening silence the “new tradition”- Viking clap was met with!!

TevieridesASU

Unread post by TevieridesASU » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:55 pm

Wifi is horrible. Most times difficult to get much, if anything.

Video board, too low on everything except occasionally music gets blasted. There must be a setting for the refs, any video clips and it ve clear yet able to hear.

Any attention would be appreciated

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:47 pm

I know that ultimately, responsibility for these issues rests with the AD, but who is in charge of game day operations? Whoever it is needs to get his/her mess together.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

JPatH3292

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:16 pm

I’ll add that the game clock on the new nez ribbon is too small compared to the rest of the board. Bump it up a few font sizes

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:54 pm

An idea from Tx Tech Univ last Sat home game. Play "God bless the USA" Lee Greenwood, crowd went crazy and got louder and louder singing along. Watch and listen on You Tube.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 am

Section 212 on aisle next to 213 near top.
Video board was not cutting it. Couldn’t hear some things could others. Early in the game to loud music played between every play. No BOD. I’m sure or sure hope so, that our staff worked hard to get things lined up for Saturday. Evidently there are no seasoned staff that can run a ball game. Put the old score board on top of NEZ I could hardly see game info on NEZ ribbon board. Or enlarge the font.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:49 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:51 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:31 pm
I really want the band mic’d up and I want them to play more. I also want the band to take those stupid black COVID horn coverings off their instruments so they can be heard at Howard’s Knob. Putting those things on do not stop the spread outside.
I hardly even heard the band. I have No idea if they were good or bad. It is sad, yet again we- our university failed so miserably across the board Saturday. The only good thing besides winning to me was the deafening silence the “new tradition”- Viking clap was met with!!
Just FYI, Appstate88, the bell covers are very thin and shouldn't impact sound much at all, it's just to reduce projected aerosols out of bells. But I agree, Mic them up! More bodies in the stadium makes it harder for sound to travel.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:15 am

Appsolutely wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:47 pm
I know that ultimately, responsibility for these issues rests with the AD, but who is in charge of game day operations? Whoever it is needs to get his/her mess together.
I have no idea how it is handled now. Back in the (Laney/Driebelbis) day in 91 and 92, I ran the scoreboard for football and the shot clock in Varsity Gym. Mark Driebelbis (Assistant AD) was in charge of Game Day Operations. He was very active in keeping the game day schedule going, on the radio and on the sidelines checking different aspects. (albeit, it was smaller crowd and there was no video board, replay. etc. Scores were read by the PA Announce)

I would assume that we have someone (or a team) in charge of Game Day operations now other than DG. It seems like we needed a dress rehearsal.

Oh2bonh20

Unread post by Oh2bonh20 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:14 am

I hoped for an improvement in the sound tonight, but still could not hear anything from the refs and at times could not hear the announcer. Much worse than prior years. I am in Section 213. Hope this is addressed before the Coastal game.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:31 am

Yeah music volume was ok but need to work on announcer and refs volume.

I couldn’t hear the band at all in 206. Not sure if some mics would be a possibility near them.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:53 am

I’m in NEZ, I had no problems hearing anything or anyone - even the screaming idiot behind me wondering where his wife was after 1st Q when he wouldn’t shut up and she went inside.
Bring Your A Game!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:10 am

Video Board was improved last night. Stats were correct and there was a good amount of replays.

Didn’t see any out of town scores…….But, we were the only game of the night. :D

Giving credit where credit is due.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:13 pm

The only issue last night was that the referee penalty communication was muffed throughout the most of the night.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm

On TV, the PA announcer, the band, and the ref were very clear (as was the crowd noise).
Give 'em hell!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:46 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:19 pm
On TV, the PA announcer, the band, and the ref were very clear (as was the crowd noise).
At the game and in the stands it sucked.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”