Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Behavior at games

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Behavior at games

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 pm

Well, after watching the Tennessee fans, what a few of ours did a week or so ago looks pretty tame, though none of it should be tolerated anywhere.

BambooRdApp

Re: Behavior at games

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:00 am

all of it sad to see, the golf ball was well over the line. That is criminal behavior IMO. Hopefully, that idiot is identical and taken to the pokey.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 am

Bad call or not, the Tennessee fan behavior was shameful and an embarrassment to the university. I would hope that App sets the bar a bit higher than that. I don't think there is much doubt that we do.

PROUD TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:30 am

Saw that Virginia Tech had to implement some measures this past weekend due to student behavior at football games...don't know what it was related to though.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 am

While I don't condone the Tennessee fans behavior and hope and expect the offenders will be caught, I understand their frustration. Decades of failed coaches, dismal performances, and the disrespect they suffered from Lane Kiffin.

Unfortunately, this action will further damage the Vols, a team near and dear to my heart.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:59 am

Capt. Ed wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 am
While I don't condone the Tennessee fans behavior and hope and expect the offenders will be caught, I understand their frustration. Decades of failed coaches, dismal performances, and the disrespect they suffered from Lane Kiffin.

Unfortunately, this action will further damage the Vols, a team near and dear to my heart.
Frustration or not, throwing objects onto a field to show said frustration is childish and should come with an immediate disqualification from future games. I was watching it and thinking about the people sitting in the line of people above them throwing objects.

We won’t even talk about the person that wasted a whole bottle of mustard.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am

Fans, fan bases and other lunatics who can’t differentiate between a freaking game and what for them is a way of life has always been baffling. A bunch of us have voiced our displeasure all week after that tough loss but I hope to god that none of us would take any of that misplaced aggression to Boone Wednesday night and do anything close to that. Ed I get what you are saying and I’m sure that you by no means condone any of that behavior when you said you understand their frustration but to throw crap at people playing a damn game is insane. I went to Knoxville once back when I was at App in the mid 80’s. Even then I could not believe the amount of orange and the absolute over the top ridiculous “passion” those people had for that school. It was almost nauseating.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:13 am

Understanding how some Vol fans might have felt in the moment, is a long way from saying it's ok. None the less, I stand by my comments. I understand their frustration, the chance to win a game gone, their anger over Kiffin's mis-use of them, the long time since Tennessee football meant something and their unwavering support of the program. The fact that a handfull of fans who probably never attended a college course anywhere, let it get the best of them and the trash flew, doesn't indict the whole school or fan base.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am
I went to Knoxville once back when I was at App in the mid 80’s. Even then I could not believe the amount of orange and the absolute over the top ridiculous “passion” those people had for that school. It was almost nauseating.
I think many of us have the same passion for App State.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:21 am

Capt. Ed wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
I went to Knoxville once back when I was at App in the mid 80’s. Even then I could not believe the amount of orange and the absolute over the top ridiculous “passion” those people had for that school. It was almost nauseating.
I think many of us have the same passion for App State.
I certainly hope not….

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:46 am

having a feeling of disappointment.... and actually acting on that feeling are two different scenarios. I got mad last Tuesday night, however, I did not throw a water bottle at my TV (lot less of an offense than throwing something at a human being). Fans that do this are cowards as they have the mantra that.. who will ever know it was me in the sea of fans (not directed solely at Tenn fans...this relies to all that do this). Based upon the amount of items that made it on the field means that there had to be a considerable amount that probably did not make it on the field due to their ignorance about how far it is to actually get it to the field. I would gather to estimate it was more than a few idiots doing this in this particular case and other cases that we see from time to time. Sad to say, it is not the first time and, sadly, will not be the last. Santa still has a concussion from the Philly game many years ago. We are seeing more and more incidents such as these at other games and in society, in general, the perpetrators believe there is a low risk of repercussions for their actions.
#99ForPresident!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 am

In terms of behavior at games and since this in the App State Football Section… I’d rather us talk about getting excited for our next game and ways we can make Kidd Brewer as loud as possible Wednesday night. Bring your rubber chicken, Stand and Yell, Crank the PA, Mic the band. Let’s Go Apps!

GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 am

Alk-e-hol

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:40 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 am
In terms of behavior at games and since this in the App State Football Section… I’d rather us talk about getting excited for our next game and ways we can make Kidd Brewer as loud as possible Wednesday night. Bring your rubber chicken, Stand and Yell, Crank the PA, Mic the band. Let’s Go Apps!

Yes. Mic the band... please educate the leaders of the band to play more during game. 4th down changeovers ., TV timeouts, etc
#99ForPresident!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:56 am

It was more than a handful of fans acting out in Neyland.And throwing a solid object equates to attempted assault ,in my view anyway.Cowardly, but unsurprising .It will be interesting to see if anyone is held to account.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:06 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fans, fan bases and other lunatics who can’t differentiate between a freaking game and what for them is a way of life has always been baffling. A bunch of us have voiced our displeasure all week after that tough loss but I hope to god that none of us would take any of that misplaced aggression to Boone Wednesday night and do anything close to that. Ed I get what you are saying and I’m sure that you by no means condone any of that behavior when you said you understand their frustration but to throw crap at people playing a damn game is insane. I went to Knoxville once back when I was at App in the mid 80’s. Even then I could not believe the amount of orange and the absolute over the top ridiculous “passion” those people had for that school. It was almost nauseating.
I live here and you are completely spot on. Tennessee’s fans makes it easy to root against them

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:48 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:30 am
Saw that Virginia Tech had to implement some measures this past weekend due to student behavior at football games...don't know what it was related to though.
Had more to do with the way students entered and taking the wrong seats. Some more safety related than bad behavior.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:02 pm

What should be the penalty for Tennessee?

I could be convinced that their next home game should be played in front of no fans.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:08 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:02 pm
What should be the penalty for Tennessee?

I could be convinced that their next home game should be played in front of no fans.

loss of scholarships.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Supporters wold just NIL the players, you know the amount of money they throw at the program
Bring Your A Game!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”