Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal -3.5 per ESPN

JohnnyBurrito
School: Appalachian State

Coastal -3.5 per ESPN

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:25 am

It appears those betting believe last week was an aberration.

biggie
Site Admin

Re: Coastal -3.5 per ESPN

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:49 am

It will be increasing.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:13 am

biggie wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:49 am
It will be increasing.
The game, APP will be winning.
BLACK SATURDAY

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:20 am

Interestingly enough it opened App -1 at Circa yesterday. Quickly flipped to Coastal -3.5, it’s at 4 in some off shore spots.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:32 am

Louisiana opened -1 too, and flipped to APP-4, Las Vegas has built palaces off the public being wrong.
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:35 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:32 am
Louisiana opened -1 too, and flipped to APP-4, Las Vegas has built palaces off the public being wrong.
If we don't bounce back for a win this week I'll be surprised. Too much talent and experience. Now, if we can make better situational run play calling???
BLACK SATURDAY

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:32 am
Only thing is, most Sunday money is sharp money.

asumba95

Unread post by asumba95 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:38 am

Our DL better show up. Last week was not pretty.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:43 am

Neither line was good last week.

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 pm

No matter how you slice it, this team has far from lived up to expectations. I know I can’t put a finger on a leader on either side of the ball. Coaching has been far from impressive also. Normally, I’d be thinking Coastal is about to get their ass kicked and kicked with authority. I just have seen nothing from this team that makes he believe that with any confidence. Hard to imagine a major change after the mid point of the season. Hope this team is an exception.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:00 pm

Why is it hard to imagine a change midway through the season? You saw the 2014 season, right?

I maintain that this team looked better in the early games than we've looked in a while, and that includes 2019 when we looked VERY unimpressive against Charlotte and ETSU. We handled the best shots given by ECU and Marshall. Almost beat a healthy Miami who not yet been injured and deflated. The Louisiana game was ugly but that is really the first time we looked like we were underperforming. We made some mistakes at Miami, but overall executed against a very athletic team.

Everybody (myself included) looked at our returning super seniors and figured this was the year! Last week was disappointing. No doubt about it. We do have to remember that EVERYBODY has super seniors this year, so the advantage isn't as huge as some want to think.

Hopefully we get our RBs healthy and we can make last week a distant memory!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:07 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:00 pm
Why is it hard to imagine a change midway through the season? You saw the 2014 season, right?

I maintain that this team looked better in the early games than we've looked in a while, and that includes 2019 when we looked VERY unimpressive against Charlotte and ETSU. We handled the best shots given by ECU and Marshall. Almost beat a healthy Miami who not yet been injured and deflated. The Louisiana game was ugly but that is really the first time we looked like we were underperforming. We made some mistakes at Miami, but overall executed against a very athletic team.

Everybody (myself included) looked at our returning super seniors and figured this was the year! Last week was disappointing. No doubt about it. We do have to remember that EVERYBODY has super seniors this year, so the advantage isn't as huge as some want to think.

Agree, I still think we have an awesome team. Just had a super terrible game. Hope everyone learned from it and brings it the rest of the season. Play the hot hand and get after it.

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Yosef84 wrote:

Think about the reason you referred to 2014. It was a huge anomaly. It was also a team in transition and a staff in transition. Can they turn it around? Sure. Will they? Doesn't follow historical trends. I think we all, as a fan base, were really excited about the potential of this team and it just hasn't been what we expected. Certainly not what I and my App buddies expected.
As far as the super seniors, I agree completely with you. There are a lot of teams with a lot of super seniors. We hold no distinguishable difference in the super senior category.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:33 pm

I was happy with the ECU outcome. Miami with King would have beaten UNC last week. That one didn't bother me. ETSU I don't remember, I was there though. Marshall, meh, a win, predictably close. Last week we didn't play and they did. Nothing to me that screams "fire the coach" or 6-6 season or any of that craziness. I'm as confident about this game as I've been all season. Coastal is going to be a tough out, but most conference games are. Pluck 'em.

JPatH3292

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:41 pm

If memory serves me right, we had a really good first half against them last year. It was the second half where we made bonehead plays and couldn’t get out of our own way. Need to show up for both halves this time. Get a lead and the crowd into it and keep the pressure on.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:47 pm

Jones may need some help over the top cause he has been getting scorched...........

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm

First half of Elon game was pretty disappointing. Never thought we would lose but definitely thought it would be over by half and it wasn’t. Defense hung in there against ULL but our offense couldn’t stay on the field so we got worn out and demoralized. We gave up big plays on defense which hurt as well. Looking forward to Wednesday, we have something to play for, let’s see if we can step up.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:19 pm

ashugh wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:23 pm
Yosef84 wrote:

Think about the reason you referred to 2014. It was a huge anomaly. It was also a team in transition and a staff in transition. Can they turn it around? Sure. Will they? Doesn't follow historical trends. I think we all, as a fan base, were really excited about the potential of this team and it just hasn't been what we expected. Certainly not what I and my App buddies expected.
As far as the super seniors, I agree completely with you. There are a lot of teams with a lot of super seniors. We hold no distinguishable difference in the super senior category.
Those are valid observations, but the 2014 citation remains a valid example of a team that did a drastic mid-year turn around. The reasons for the underperforming early on vary, but the fact remains that they made adjustments and won 6 straight to finish out the regular season after going 1-5 in the first half. I would say it applies here even more because it was App State, and the result of our unique winning culture. The larger argument I'm making above though is that, we do not NEED a mid-year turn around. We had ONE bad game which got out of hand because of turnovers and mistakes that have NOT been typical this year. Coastal is a legit threat and we need to play our "A" game on Wednesday, but I believe that is more likely than not. I don't think this team is going to quit. As was said above, a lot of these questions will be answered on Wednesday.

Regardless of opinions on specific issues, I think we will all be pulling for the Black & Gold this Wednesday.

IT'S GREAT TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!!!

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:58 am

We can still have a 10 win season. We can still win the conference. We can still win our 7th straight bowl game. We are still one of the best "G5" teams in the country. Our season goals are still within reach. Play App State ball, and we celebrate like we're accustomed to! Instead of thinking like Chicken Little, we need to think about beating the little beach chickens.

#Beat CCU

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:17 am

Last week kind of took the air out of my sails regarding this season. To be absolutely beaten like a rented mule has me concerned. I can handle a loss if we show up and play to our potential. I know there are teams better than us, but I expect us to show up well prepared, play disciplined ball, and play to our abilities. I am having a hard time understanding what exactly went wrong. Regardless, we ended up in quicksand and it just got worse.

I really thought that this year might be special. I think the parts are there. I have no idea what to expect this week.

I think win or lose, we will see the character and potential of our team this week. We are playing a cocky/confident team that has pretty much taken care of business. I don't care any more about their weak schedule, they beat every team on it and for the most part did it convincingly. They would like nothing better than to show up in Boone and embarrass the hell out of us. Their job this week is to make us look bad. After last week, it showed me that it can definitely be done. Can we show up and make them look bad? Will we be the ones that dictate the outcome or will we be playing with scared money....

If we don't control both line of scrimmages, this could be a long game....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”