Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal will get all the calls

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coastal will get all the calls

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:52 pm
As a former official I can tell you, there is no grand conspiarcy going on to help one team defeat another. Every call these guys make is reviewed and critiqued by the league office and often times the schools involved. Sometimes, they get things wrong because they are just human after all. The league never assisgns an official to a game if there is even a hint of a conflict of interest. Believe me, they know the rules and the mechanics of officiating much better than your average message board poster. As the poster said above, winners overcome the occasional bad call and losers wallow in self pity.
Thank you. Are there games where I think the refs are bad? Absolutely. Do I ever think it's because of a conspiracy by the conference or TV? Come on.

I wonder, for the people who often complain that all the calls are going against their preferred team: Have you ever watched a game and thought the opposite? Like, "Wow, we are getting absolutely ALL the calls today! These refs are completely screwing our opponent!"

And now we have people talking like ESPN controls all the rankings. There are two major polls consisting of ~130 voters - coaches and media - and both have Coastal at #24. Maybe that's just the consensus view of where they belong?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:20 pm
Coastal’s loss must not have been a “bad one” for the voaters. Guess if they win out they can climb back to 15.
They did drop 10 spots.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:20 pm

TractorApp wrote:
As a former official I can tell you, there is no grand conspiarcy going on to help one team defeat another. Every call these guys make is reviewed and critiqued by the league office and often times the schools involved. Sometimes, they get things wrong because they are just human after all. The league never assisgns an official to a game if there is even a hint of a conflict of interest. Believe me, they know the rules and the mechanics of officiating much better than your average message board poster. As the poster said above, winners overcome the occasional bad call and losers wallow in self pity.
Completely agree. These guys, and gals see plays in real time and don’t have the benefit of seeing it in slow motion. Also, fans see a play the way that they want to believe it happened.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:24 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 pm
TractorApp wrote:
Thank you. Are there games where I think the refs are bad? Absolutely. Do I ever think it's because of a conspiracy by the conference or TV? Come on.

I wonder, for the people who often complain that all the calls are going against their preferred team: Have you ever watched a game and thought the opposite? Like, "Wow, we are getting absolutely ALL the calls today! These refs are completely screwing our opponent!"

And now we have people talking like ESPN controls all the rankings. There are two major polls consisting of ~130 voters - coaches and media - and both have Coastal at #24. Maybe that's just the consensus view of where they belong?
I was anxious to get home and watch the game again after thinking that they missed some calls and couldn't understand the decisions after they were reviewed. After watching the game on TV, the refs saw things I didn't and were correct. The only one I still had some question about was Hennigan's out of bounds catch and that was really close enough to go either way.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:02 pm

hapapp wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:24 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
TractorApp wrote:

I was anxious to get home and watch the game again after thinking that they missed some calls and couldn't understand the decisions after they were reviewed. After watching the game on TV, the refs saw things I didn't and were correct. The only one I still had some question about was Hennigan's out of bounds catch and that was really close enough to go either way.
I remember having a similar experience at South Carolina in '19. In the stadium, it felt like they were absolutely stacking the deck against us with terrible calls. Watching the replay, I realized most of them were borderline or just correct.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:17 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
TractorApp wrote:

If the ref's aren't criminals then why they wearing stripes? :lol:

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:35 pm

Vertical stripes make people look skinnier. j/k
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”