Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

POST GAME -

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: POST GAME -

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:07 am

another item I thought of. The pass to Malik across the middle late in the game where it was a slide catch. From the NEZ, albeit long way away..from my seats, you could see what Brice was seeing..that was some throw...In Brice I trust
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:09 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:07 am
another item I thought of. The pass to Malik across the middle late in the game where it was a slide catch. From the NEZ, albeit long way away..from my seats, you could see what Brice was seeing..that was some throw...In Brice I trust
Agree. The throw to Corey down the Coastal sideline was a VERY tight window as well.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:18 am

Congrats to Clark and Company. Last night was their first win as an underdog. The poise the team showed down 14 and the game plan from Dale Jones proved out.

Please work on the two minute drill before the half though, that was an interesting approach.

App fans showed up last night, may have been the biggest surprise of the game.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 am

JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:37 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:24 pm
Another thing - the announcers - I like Anish and Luckinbill a lot and see them on Packer and Durham and they are very good and very knowledgeable but I watched the entire 2nd half with the sound off - I honestly believe ESPN has told their people to hype Coastal every chance they can ---
Okay was it just me or did they turn the stadium volume down for the broadcast?. That timeout and false start on coastals last drive - couldn’t really hear the crowd yet you knew it was rocking.
I was wondering the same thing and then they showed McCall on the sideline having to get right into Coach Chadwell's ear and you could tell he was having to shout even. That's when I realized how loud it was...awesome crowd!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:18 am
Congrats to Clark and Company. Last night was their first win as an underdog. The poise the team showed down 14 and the game plan from Dale Jones proved out.

Please work on the two minute drill before the half though, that was an interesting approach.

I think WVAPP referenced it on another thread but Clark played the 2min drill correctly. It def was conservative, but with the way the second qtr had progressed, he played the percentages game. I'm good with it under the circumstances.

Loved the way they used Corey to pull the safety down and then ran Malik over the top. The play worked beautifully multiple times because Corey showed what happens when you don't give the DB safety help. Malik and Corey were an incredible tandem last night, and that's after 2 massive drops by Malik and the fumble by Corey.
The Appalachian State

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:31 am

Speaking of post game-it looked like (from TV) that Chadwell didn’t attempt to find Clark for the post game coaches handshake. If true, I’m not at all surprised. That guy is a total choad.
Give 'em hell!

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:32 am

JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:48 am
Also did anyone see this? It was personal

Saw it, our guy got the last word on that. one of the replies was pretty funny, “be careful, his dad will sue you” lol, that crap is why last night was more than just another win. They are not a #14 team and we did not upset them, but storming of the field by mostly student fans was fine by me, rub it in a bit.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:38 am

Under the circumstances, getting spanked the week before, 14th ranked team, conference championship implications, media-hyped CCU, tied game decided on field goal as time expired...the students rushing the field was not just OK but awesome. People watching all over the country saw the passion that our kids have for our program. Also, that's a memory those kids will hold onto for the rest of their App-fandom-life.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:43 am

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:01 am
biggie wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:45 am
Just got home at 1:40 am. Should be fun to get kids up at 6am.

Glad I was wrong with what I expected from the crowd and team.
My kids were dead asleep on the way to school this morning
Mine didn't go to the game, but since the teenager was in charge I'm sure all 3 were up late and they were cranky this morning.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:15 am

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 am
Saint3333 wrote:

I think WVAPP referenced it on another thread but Clark played the 2min drill correctly. It def was conservative, but with the way the second qtr had progressed, he played the percentages game. I'm good with it under the circumstances.

Loved the way they used Corey to pull the safety down and then ran Malik over the top. The play worked beautifully multiple times because Corey showed what happens when you don't give the DB safety help. Malik and Corey were an incredible tandem last night, and that's after 2 massive drops by Malik and the fumble by Corey.
The last two minutes we were half pregnant running the clock down vs. trying to score. Once the clock was down I didn't feel like we put ourselves in a position to get a FG, poor timeout management as well.

Also the decision to run Noel on 4th and 1 on our 45 the drive before that was very questionable and goes against the strategy deployed on the last drive.

Now the call of running Brice and using Peoples as a decoy was great as was the onside kick (identifying the formation and prep).

I enjoy discussing pros and cons each game.

I'm pulling for Clark as much as anyone, who couldn't, just look at this clip:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=293122

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:16 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:31 am
Speaking of post game-it looked like (from TV) that Chadwell didn’t attempt to find Clark for the post game coaches handshake. If true, I’m not at all surprised. That guy is a total choad.
His interview at the end of the first half was a joke, no credit to App, he's a prick. Clark is a class act.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:28 am

appstatealum wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

We ran that play over and over. They never seemed able to adjust to it properly.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:42 am

JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:37 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:24 pm
Another thing - the announcers - I like Anish and Luckinbill a lot and see them on Packer and Durham and they are very good and very knowledgeable but I watched the entire 2nd half with the sound off - I honestly believe ESPN has told their people to hype Coastal every chance they can ---

Okay was it just me or did they turn the stadium volume down for the broadcast?. That timeout and false start on coastals last drive - couldn’t really hear the crowd yet you knew it was rocking.
After getting home so late and having today off and so wired.....I couldn't resist watching my TV recording. ESPN DEFINITELY HAD THE SOUND TURNED DOWN.......THE ESPN AUDIO WAS ABYSMAL COMPARED TO COVERAGE OF P5 POWER GAMES.

LET ME SAY THIS....... APPNATION ROCKED THE ROCK......THAT WAS THE MOST ELECTRIC CROWD IN THE APPSALUTE ENTIRE HISTORY OF APP FOOTBALL...... APPSALUTELY NO QUESTION NO DEBATE!!!!! THE CROWD WAS AT SOME OF ITS BEST DURING TV TIMEOUTS.

I was most amazed by how much of the attendance stayed through the entire game ON A WEDS NIGHT! UNREAL!
THE 12th MAN SHOWED OUT!

I predicted 36K knowing it was a Weds night....just had a hunch. We actually had just under 32K ......All time record crowd for a midweek night game.
KICK ASS!!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:00 am

How about those APPs

BLACK SATURDAY

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:00 am

I don't really have anything to add besides just saying Clark must need a wheelbarrow to carry around his massive huevos after going for that onside kick. Just a thing of beauty.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 am

beav910 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:00 am
I don't really have anything to add besides just saying Clark must need a wheelbarrow to carry around his massive huevos after going for that onside kick. Just a thing of beauty.
Haha, I said the same thing after that call. He stole the ones hanging off that stupid chicken’s beak.

What. A. Night.

GO APPS!!

CajunDave1
School: Louisiana-Lafayette

Unread post by CajunDave1 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:11 am

Congratulations to the Mountaineers on your fantastic win last night! What a great and exciting game to watch. Also, the App fans provided a fantastic atmosphere that could be felt through my TV with that HUGE crowd in attendance. I think that game last night continued to prove what a great Conference the Sun Belt has become and will continue to improve once we add Marshall and Southern Mississippi to the family. We look forward to hosting the Mountaineers and your fans in Lafayette again on December 4th!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:19 am

A new edition to The Canterbury Tales😁
KICK ASS!!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:40 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:15 am
appstatealum wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

The last two minutes we were half pregnant running the clock down vs. trying to score. Once the clock was down I didn't feel like we put ourselves in a position to get a FG, poor timeout management as well.

Also the decision to run Noel on 4th and 1 on our 45 the drive before that was very questionable and goes against the strategy deployed on the last drive.

Now the call of running Brice and using Peoples as a decoy was great as was the onside kick (identifying the formation and prep).

I enjoy discussing pros and cons each game.

I'm pulling for Clark as much as anyone, who couldn't, just look at this clip:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=293122
I agree on the Noel thing, especially when you have Harrington and Cam on deck who are much better between the tackles. Noel's strength is off tackle. It's tough
The Appalachian State

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:41 am

CajunDave1 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:11 am
Congratulations to the Mountaineers on your fantastic win last night! What a great and exciting game to watch. Also, the App fans provided a fantastic atmosphere that could be felt through my TV with that HUGE crowd in attendance. I think that game last night continued to prove what a great Conference the Sun Belt has become and will continue to improve once we add Marshall and Southern Mississippi to the family. We look forward to hosting the Mountaineers and your fans in Lafayette again on December 4th!
We’ve already been there this year, too hot. Go ahead and lose a couple and we’ll try to have some snow up here for you that day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”