Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

POST GAME -

Yosef84

Re: POST GAME -

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 am

Many App fans like to really dissect the meaning of "rivalry" and make it much more exclusive than it really is. I get it....really do. If a team never beats us, or has only beaten us one in this case, it's hard to consider them a "rival." They certainly aren't a rival on the same level as Georgia Southern, or even Marshall (from back in the day). That said, they are a conference opponent with whom we have a history going back to the FCS days. They beat us last year, played us tough a couple of times before that and the emotions are very high. Frankly, it's hard for me to argue that they aren't a rival.

I agree that Coastal shouldn't have been #14 based on their schedule, but that can be said for lots of teams in the rankings at any given point in time. The rankings are a media creation. Fact is that they WERE ranked #14 and it at least gets that monkey off our backs (not having beaten a ranked team since Michigan) so I'll take it. It was a good win against a solid conference opponent.

PROUD TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!!!

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:18 am

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:17 pm
Maybe look at the perspective of who posted it. Makes sense to me.

Exactly, that's what I was implying.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:31 am

Just to be clear, the young man quoted is a CB and not a QB. He is from Clewiston, Fl. and wouldn’t have much knowledge of whether or not it is a true rivalry.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”