Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The Fans Deserve an A

ASU-FTW
School: Appalachian State

The Fans Deserve an A

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:42 am

Wow..what a game! It’s 1:30 AM as I write this and still not tired.

The crowd deserves its own thread after tonight’s showing. The numbers in which we showed up with and energy generated was incredible, on a Wednesday to boot! This game may have had the best atmosphere of all the games I’ve ever attended at KBS and I’ve been going to games since 2004. We were a difference maker, especially in the fourth quarter, when we forced a timeout and subsequent false start.

Really proud of App Nation tonight. We represented well on a national stage.

appstatealum

Re: The Fans Deserve an A

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:51 am

Preach. The fans rallied around this team and showed up huge tonight. Shows you where we are as a base thst we can have high expectations and be disappointed, but faithful enough to show up and rally behind the team. I had my 11 and 7 year Olds in tow and didn't get home until 130am. My son rushed the field and got DiMarcos game gloves.

I felt like we just exposed Coastal, so wasn't a huge upset in my mind, but I loved seeing the students rushing regardless.
The Appalachian State

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 am

Crowd was phenomenal. I believe what helped as well .the video crew was more in step tonight with props to keep crowd going when lulls began. Even the band must have been given critiquing. They seemed to play more during dead periods. When the hill is packed on a Wednesday night, that view was special. Although there are some (not me) that believe App St growth may be too accelerated for the geographic area, ..more student population means potential for more students to show up and pack the hill. The student section was at full capacity an hour before the game.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:04 am

When we talk about conference realignment and theoretical revamped conferences last night makes it so apparent that a regional conference (East division) to include App, Coastal, Charlotte, ECU, Marshall, Stink (maybe) and possibly ODU and JMU would not only make sense from a financial position but would also lend to packed, electric stadiums even on a Wednesday night. I can’t ever see a time where an App V South Alabama, Texas State, Monroe, Ga State, Troy or Ark State ever creates either the buzz or excitement that we had last night. How many Coastal fans were there? I was at the first CCG against La and was behind what appeared to be 30 of their fans.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:07 am

The only thing more impressive than the Wednesday crowd was the number of people still in the stands at the end. Very few early exits.

Blackshirt68

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:13 am

The sun came up even if Chanticleer didn’t crow!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 am
Crowd was phenomenal. I believe what helped as well .the video crew was more in step tonight with props to keep crowd going when lulls began. Even the band must have been given critiquing. They seemed to play more during dead periods. When the hill is packed on a Wednesday night, that view was special. Although there are some (not me) that believe App St growth may be too accelerated for the geographic area, ..more student population means potential for more students to show up and pack the hill. The student section was at full capacity an hour before the game.
Apparently DG hired an NFL guy to come in and consult on how we could clean some GameDay media/video/audio up. It showed.
The Appalachian State

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:45 am

Audio was really good overall I thought.

Concessions are a mess, but I'm sure that is due to lack of workers and supplies (as with the rest of the nation currently).

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:46 am

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 am
Apparently DG hired an NFL guy to come in and consult on how we could clean some GameDay media/video/audio up. It showed.
That's fantastic, and further evidence that DG does actually listen to what the fans are saying. Whenever he decides to move on, it's going to be a huge loss for us.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:56 am

Great Atmosphere and it showed big time on the TV screen. Can't say how awesome of a sight it was. Even heard announcers say late in the game how the Sunbelt is in a good spot on realignment, being more stable and not losing teams like AAC and CUSA

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 am

The crowd was amazing and almost everyone stayed to the very end of the game. It really says something about our program when we can get the largest crowd ever at the Rock on a Wednesday night. It appears that we have crossed the threshold this year where as long as our mid week games are against quality opponents, our fans will show up. I thought having these mid week games would ruin our attendance this year but between Marshall and Coastal we put in almost 60,000 fans in the Rock. That is really unbelievable and not many G5 teams can do that on a Saturday, let alone mid week.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 am

No doubt it was an awesome atmosphere. My voice is probably permanently hoarse. I sounded like a 13 year old on my work call this morning.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:57 am

AppNation DESERVES an A+

TV didn't do us justice!
KICK ASS!!!

AZAppGrad

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:50 am

It was a very special night at The Rock last night. Personally, I would grade it an A+. Now, I hope all of AppNation does one more thing to support the team…. Please, Donate the Score!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:40 pm

My wife is a teacher and knows quite a few of her former students that are now at App. She stays in touch with them still and several of them were posting that last night was their greatest night as a Mountaineer.
Also, my wife and I weren't able to go but we gave our 4 tickets away to a family who's father is a fireman and the mother is a nurse. Their daughter is a senior in high school and App was the direction she was leaning for college. The dad sent a message after the game, saying it was the "coolest college football experience they had ever had" and that his daughter had just "fallen in love with Appalachian."
I'm planning to watch the game again this weekend so I can enjoy the entire game without being so stressed...so damn proud of our program!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:09 pm

Not sure what took place to get the students out this year but it’s awesome….hope they keep coming back after graduation!!!!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:09 pm
Not sure what took place to get the students out this year but it’s awesome….hope they keep coming back after graduation!!!!
I've been saying the same thing. I've never since 1985 (well, we were crazy as hell from 85-89..LOL) seen the student section like it is this year. Something is different for sure.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:54 pm

The crowd was fantastic. I’d like to see a third of them at HCC to see the SBC Basketball Champs play!

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:32 pm

At the beginning of the season I was really ticked off about both the Marshall and Coastal games being mid-week games. In past years the crowds for those nights have struggled to get to around 15,000 and it was quite frankly sad to see on TV knowing the fantastic attendance "The Rock" is known for. The fans (students and alums alike) have turned out in huge numbers for these week-night games. So glad the ESPN announcers can finally mention the great crowd in front of them instead of saying "you should see this place packed on a Saturday". The Mountaineer faithful have turned out LOUD and PROUD for these games. With that said, I think both Marshall and Coastal crowds would have been even larger if they had been on Saturdays. Now lets win out, get back to the Championship Game against Louisiana and show them that last week was not a true representation of our great team.

festus105

Unread post by festus105 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 pm

Let's compare last night to tonight's crowd at UNC Concord... and also the TV ratings. Will they even get 10k tonight? It will be interesting to see.

Keep believing that by inviting Charlotte to join the watered down AAC that it's because of the market. These two games back to back will prove whose market it really is in Charlotte.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”