Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The Fans Deserve an A

MACAPP86
School: Appalachian State

Re: The Fans Deserve an A

Unread post by MACAPP86 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:27 pm

A great time and experience! We did represent very well, particularly for a Wednesday night. Very proud to be an App alum!

Ran into a CCU fan after the game and said good game to he & his wife, hoped they enjoyed the time in Boone and that he found us to be a good fan base. Obviously, he was disappointed in the outcome, but had nothing but great things to say about the atmosphere, the town, stadium, our fans, etc. Invite 'em up, be hospital and win the game!!

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:59 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 am
Crowd was phenomenal. I believe what helped as well .the video crew was more in step tonight with props to keep crowd going when lulls began. Even the band must have been given critiquing. They seemed to play more during dead periods. When the hill is packed on a Wednesday night, that view was special. Although there are some (not me) that believe App St growth may be too accelerated for the geographic area, ..more student population means potential for more students to show up and pack the hill. The student section was at full capacity an hour before the game.
Apparently DG hired an NFL guy to come in and consult on how we could clean some GameDay media/video/audio up. It showed.
I noticed they finally gave up on that viking clap thing they kep trying to push on us.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:44 am

festus105 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 pm
Let's compare last night to tonight's crowd at UNC Concord... and also the TV ratings. Will they even get 10k tonight? It will be interesting to see.

Keep believing that by inviting Charlotte to join the watered down AAC that it's because of the market. These two games back to back will prove whose market it really is in Charlotte.
Not sure why the “smart” folks can’t see it but UNCC doesn’t have a market. Not a put down, just a fact. They may at some point in time develop a market. Charlotte is nothing but transplants from the north east, Ohio, and Michigan. The folks from the north east don’t care about college football and well the folks from Ohio and Michigan already have teams to pull for.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:05 am

I'm kind of a college football junkie, I can't get enough of it. I try to follow folks from lots of different schools on twitter to get a feel for the national landscape. One of the guys I follow and talk to from time to time from Texas A&M was talking about how wild Boone looked and even asked about where to fly in to if he came up for a game (we were talking about the UNC game next Labor Day). I had an Oklahoma buddy comment saying "You were right about App State fans". All of that came from our Wednesday night show.

That to me is one of the largest compliments a program/fanbase can receive. When different fans, from P5 programs across the country, with very little prior knowledge of App, are thinking about coming to experience what we do in Boone, we've made a splash.

Maybe big games during the week aren't as bad as I used to think they were (as long as what happened at UL doesn't happen).

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:56 pm

I believe there will be 35,000 at homecoming this Saturday! Boone and APP need to be ready. Might want to allow extra time. Plus all former football players have been invited and Big basketball banquet is Friday night, What a time to be a "Mountaineer"
Last edited by 9Steelman on Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Is there anyway to expand the concourse area? Obviously it wasn't designed with 30k fans in mind.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Add some porta-johns somewhere. Half the problem in the concourse is all the people waiting in line for 30 minutes to take a leak. Get rid of all those stalls and have a P wall like they have at a lot of other stadiums.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:52 pm

I hope that this student group we have takes this passion and energy to Holmes when basketball starts...that would be so awesome..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”