Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Myrtle Beach paper POST GAME

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: Myrtle Beach paper POST GAME

Unread post by yosef69 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:14 pm

More like chodewell if you ask me

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Instead of "Man, Brice picked up apart today and we just couldn't get to him" he used the "we made him look like a draft pick" is sour grapes.
Hopefully we'll remember this as bulletin board material against them in the next few years.
I'm no fan of his but he also said this: "We made some nice plays early where we were there covering and knocked them away, but as it got going on he just put them on the money.”

Sometimes I think we go out of our way to find things to feel disrepected about. I also find chanting "Overrated" a stupid cheer, regardless of its veracity. I suppose it means beating them with a last minute FG wasn't that big a deal and a three point win was not a good win. A loss last week didn't end our season, I doubt losing last night has sent their program into oblivion.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:17 pm

I wish we didn't rush the field. Our program has "been there" before...but for at least half the students, they haven't. It's got to be the biggest home win a large number of them have seen. Also...you can't contain the exuberance of 20 year olds.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:22 pm

hapapp wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm
AppGrad1 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Instead of "Man, Brice picked up apart today and we just couldn't get to him" he used the "we made him look like a draft pick" is sour grapes.
Hopefully we'll remember this as bulletin board material against them in the next few years.
I'm no fan of his but he also said this: "We made some nice plays early where we were there covering and knocked them away, but as it got going on he just put them on the money.”

Sometimes I think we go out of our way to find things to feel disrepected about. I also find chanting "Overrated" a stupid cheer, regardless of its veracity. I suppose it means beating them with a last minute FG wasn't that big a deal and a three point win was not a good win. A loss last week didn't end our season, I doubt losing last night has sent their program into oblivion.
I think you a reading far too much into a cheer.

ASUchipman

Unread post by ASUchipman » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:52 pm

He sounded like he was defending his players At least he wasn’t crying and talking about firing everyone like people on here do. Too many people on this board are always looking for something to be offended over. It gets old. I dont Like them we beat them on to ULM.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 pm

We exposed them. They hadn't played anyone and while they have some good talent, they weren't deserving of hype. I didn't feel it was "rush the field worthy", but any upset usually instigates that in sports and after the complete dud game we played last week, it added a little luster to this win. Coastal will fade back into our shadow as usual. Tah tah
The Appalachian State

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:14 pm

I, for one, hope Coastal was not over rated. What would that say about the value our win by a FG in the waning seconds in a packed KBS on ESPN?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm

ASUchipman wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:52 pm
He sounded like he was defending his players At least he wasn’t crying and talking about firing everyone like people on here do. Too many people on this board are always looking for something to be offended over. It gets old. I dont Like them we beat them on to ULM.
Exactly.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:32 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:14 pm
I, for one, hope Coastal was not over rated. What would that say about the value our win by a FG in the waning seconds in a packed KBS on ESPN?
I agree. I don't think they are way over-rated but I do think we are under-rated and I think Louisiana is way under-rated. I wish Louisiana had taken care of Texas. That would have been big for our conference. Us over Miami would have helped but people would have thought more of a win against Texas.

Losing by a last second field goal is as close to a win as you can get at an away game.

I would put App, Coastal and Louisiana up against every p5 4,5,and 6 team and would make them a favorite at all but the aac number1 in the g5 conferences.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:42 pm

0F14EA38-D16E-446B-9AFD-7FAFB9C3BF87.jpeg

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Nobody from App needs to put CCU down. It took a lot to beat them and while they are not top 15 they are definitely top 25-30 caliber. I think CCU, App, and ULL are all legit top 30 teams when we play our A game. The last two games have featured several future NFL players. No reason to hate on any of the 3. I do feel ULL and App are both a little more talented but Coastal is a real good team.

This game was huge for many short term and long term reasons. CCU will eventually hit a wall when Chadwell and Moglia are gone so this win was huge not just for our mental state today but our league title chances and beyond in recruiting. Another win and recruits would have possibly started to think they are the better place to be. We have to keep them in our rear view mirror. I'm glad Chadwell is not our coach but he is good and I'm sure a P5 will scoop him up soon.

I did question how we would respond and glad to see when down 14-0 we made some creative choices and really worked our passing game.

The presentation of the game on TV looked great and I'm sure both the league and network were happy with it. I hope Marshall and others took notice that the SBC is legit big time G5 football. We had over 31k on a Wednesday so you know it would have been close to 35k on a Saturday.

If we can limit turnovers and play to that same level the rest of the year then we should not lose again in the regular season. Hope we can be consistent and that both ULL and CCU win out so we can get a rematch and possibly have 2-3 ranked teams again this year.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:59 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:42 pm
0F14EA38-D16E-446B-9AFD-7FAFB9C3BF87.jpeg
Our Barstool account put out some absolute gems yesterday. Well done!

GO APPS!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:13 pm

The media likes Coastal because they're quirky with the haircuts, the unique offense, etc. It sells papers, folks.
And Chadwell is a cracker that runs his mouth, but people down in Conway and Dirty Myrtle like that sort of thing.

I'm sorry but no one can argue that Coastal isn't talented. McCall really wanted to attend school at App and we would've been delighted to have him running our offense. They've played a garbage schedule but that schedule was booked years ago when they weren't that great and no one saw their success coming. Can't blame them for that.

App beat a talented team after getting mauled the week before. It was a great win and showed that our kids respond to adversity by standing and delivering. Let's celebrate it.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 pm

CCU is over rated. They are a good team otherwise they wouldn’t have rolled everyone, 1 exception this year. Probably top 25? not 14 though. I use to pull for them, you know rising tide... After their A$$ showing last year no more. If they win out it makes us “look” good. I dont care how they finish their season. Mountaineers just take care of their business. I would say if we didn’t eat their lunch we took their freaking lunch money. Over 500 yds of offense, left 10 maybe 17 points on the field and we were still the winner winner eating chicken dinner.
I didn’t know theirQB wanted ASU. I mean who wouldn’t but why didn’t it work out?

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:31 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 pm
CCU is over rated. They are a good team otherwise they wouldn’t have rolled everyone, 1 exception this year. Probably top 25? not 14 though. I use to pull for them, you know rising tide... After their A$$ showing last year no more. If they win out it makes us “look” good. I dont care how they finish their season. Mountaineers just take care of their business. I would say if we didn’t eat their lunch we took their freaking lunch money. Over 500 yds of offense, left 10 maybe 17 points on the field and we were still the winner winner eating chicken dinner.
I didn’t know theirQB wanted ASU. I mean who wouldn’t but why didn’t it work out?
I think the consensus is Drink didn't want him.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 pm

Chadwell doesn’t bother me. He is doing what he has to do. The lack of a handshake after the game is no big deal. When people rush the field you got to get to your locker room quick as you can.

I don’t like the “rush the field” at all. Too many things can put a damper on a good win and our great university. Think about how many drunks or over-exuberant fans went over that wall and what could have happened. If a bad event occurred we would all be appalled. People get hurt, players making contact with fans for various reasons, damage to the field if some idiot wanted to do that, etc.. The old mantra is “act like you’ve been there.” And we have.

I don’t understand why people associate CCU with being on the beach. Conway is over 15 miles and 30 minutes from MB on a normal day.

GO APPS !!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 pm
Chadwell doesn’t bother me. He is doing what he has to do. The lack of a handshake after the game is no big deal. When people rush the field you got to get to your locker room quick as you can.

I don’t like the “rush the field” at all. Too many things can put a damper on a good win and our great university. Think about how many drunks or over-exuberant fans went over that wall and what could have happened. If a bad event occurred we would all be appalled. People get hurt, players making contact with fans for various reasons, damage to the field if some idiot wanted to do that, etc.. The old mantra is “act like you’ve been there.” And we have.

I don’t understand why people associate CCU with being on the beach. Conway is over 15 miles and 30 minutes from MB on a normal day.

GO APPS !!
To be honest, if I lived 15 miles from the beach I would consider myself living at the beach.
WE ARE YOSEF!

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 pm
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 pm

GO APPS !!
To be honest, if I lived 15 miles from the beach I would consider myself living at the beach.
When I lived in Miami I was at the same time either 10 mins or an hr from the beach depending on traffic so it is relative. But Conway isn’t the beach.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:40 am

I was pulling for Coastal last year until Chadwell started crying about having to play that last game. That was a really bad look for him, show some confidence and go play. I see him as another flash in the pan kind of guy who spends way to much time and energy wanting his players to like him and not nearly enough time earning their respect. Just what I’ve seen. That said I hope Coastal can stay good, we need good teams in the Belt.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:09 am

Our SOS doesn't matter for the rest of this season...locked into Sun Belt Bowls..so I hope Coastal loses at least one more game!!! PLUCK the CHICKENS!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”