Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

losses this year - Past opponents

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

losses this year - Past opponents

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:35 pm

If I am seeing it right. We could get a shot at Louisiana to right the loss to Louisiana.

This is the part I am not so sure about. Can Miami still win the ACC? I think Pittsburgh/Virginia still play so one of them will get another loss. Miami has the tie breaker against Pittsburgh but not Virginia. I know they both need another loss but if they both loss 1 will Miami have the tie breaker and therefore make it to the ACC championship game. Does Notre Dame count in the ACC football standings??

I think UNC and Pittsburgh can beat Virginia. Notre Dame and Pitt can beat Virginia. One of them is guaranteed at least one more loss. Pitt plays Virginia.

Miami has a winnable schedule.

Won't matter for the Sunbelt championship but could have consequences in our final ranking. I know a lot of football to be played..just a discussion.

DomCrosetto

Re: losses this year - Past opponents

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:44 pm

We have the inside track to represent the East at the moment. Louisiana has already locked up the West.

Miami still has a chance to make the ACC championship but it's very very slim. A lot would have to go right for them, only some of which they control.

Notre Dame does not count toward ACC standings. They are back to being a full independent in football (ACC for everything else).
Check out the Sun Belt Syndicate podcast! Streaming audio everywhere & live video once a week.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:04 pm

So our 2 losses are to a strong La team obviously, Miami who is now hot and beat division leading Pitt. Look at the two non-conference wins- Marshall leads their division and ECU is back to 5-4 and 3-2 in the AAC. Their game with Cincinnati will be interesting. Of course another win is against an 8-1 CCU. For what it’s worth our SOS is climbing I’m sure. Not too shabby

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:38 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:04 pm
So our 2 losses are to a strong La team obviously, Miami who is now hot and beat division leading Pitt. Look at the two non-conference wins- Marshall leads their division and ECU is back to 5-4 and 3-2 in the AAC. Their game with Cincinnati will be interesting. Of course another win is against an 8-1 CCU. For what it’s worth our SOS is climbing I’m sure. Not too shabby
So ECU is above .500 for the first time since they fired Ruffin? I hate to hear that. Makes us look a bit better, though.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:00 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:38 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
So ECU is above .500 for the first time since they fired Ruffin? I hate to hear that. Makes us look a bit better, though.
They did put Ruffin in their HOF this past weekend I do believe.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:04 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:00 pm
NewApp wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:38 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
They did put Ruffin in their HOF this past weekend I do believe.
Someone on here said that was as a player. They still screwed the pooch in firing him.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”