Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Some perspective

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Some perspective

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:47 pm

The one comment he made about “we get team X’s best shot”. I believe the mark of a truly good coach is when he can motivate his team to give EVERY opponent his best shot. App should give UNC, Texas A&M and UMass their “best shot” equally every single week. There are only 12-14 opportunities each year to go out and compete. If any team takes a week off (so to speak) that is terrible. I do like what coach Clark says every week- It’s hard to win a college football game. I agree with Saban on that. The teams Alabama faces have guys who prepare and try their hardest to beat them. Same with us.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:17 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:33 pm
Really?? - are you saying Saban cheats?
I'm not saying Saban is the "bag man."
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:19 pm

You’re telling me players were paid under the table prior to NIL. **shock**

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:47 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:47 pm
The one comment he made about “we get team X’s best shot”. I believe the mark of a truly good coach is when he can motivate his team to give EVERY opponent his best shot. App should give UNC, Texas A&M and UMass their “best shot” equally every single week. There are only 12-14 opportunities each year to go out and compete. If any team takes a week off (so to speak) that is terrible. I do like what coach Clark says every week- It’s hard to win a college football game. I agree with Saban on that. The teams Alabama faces have guys who prepare and try their hardest to beat them. Same with us.
Agree. And I think that translates to App’s conference opponents as well. I’m not a fan of the whole, “it’s their Super Bowl.” But I do think teams focus a bit harder for us.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 pm

On the flip side of the argument, I believe our team focuses more when they play UNC, USC, Miami, Penn State, etc. I believe practices are more electric during the week. I am sure coaches are preaching that "no one believes you can win or expects you to win except this locker room". I have never heard one of coaches say we had a bad week of practice during the week of prep for a P5. It is the underdog tale as old as time.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:13 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:41 am
And for T-Dog's comment here - there is no problem with discussing or criticizing strategy but when the attacks become personal against the coaches and most importantly against the players that crosses the line - and that has nothing to do trying to "stifle negativity"
There's a number of people, including people on the Yosef Club or App Athletics payroll and student employees, who will Tweet at negative opinions (not personal attacks) with variations of "be positive" and "why are you always negative, you never say anything positive." That's happened for years. It happened as recently as the Spurlin incident.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”