Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Traveling to Lafayette for CCG?

Garmen1960
School: Louisiana-Lafayette

Traveling to Lafayette for CCG?

Unread post by Garmen1960 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 am

To App St. fans traveling to LFT for CCG.

Hotels: I read your hotel comments on 247 and just want to give you a better layout of LFT. If your team hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn. That is really the only walking distance hotel to Cajun Field (across street). Other close hotels would be boutique hotels in the downtown area and a few B&B’s as well. Lft B&B’s are pretty good. The Tru by Hilton is in the River Ranch area with several other really nice hotels. No walking distance to stadium but River Ranch will blow you away, lots of entertainment and restaurants in walking distance and an easy Uber or Lyft ride to stadium.

Hotels on Pinhook, Kaliste Saloom and Ambassador Caffery (between Kaliste Saloom and Johnston st) also offer easy access to restaurants and night life and are really nice.

You also may be able to hire a local shuttle service for that night to carry many to the stadium at one time. Might be very cost effective per person. We have several.

There is only I-10 running East-West thru LFT. If you stay in one of the hotels around the interstate on the north end, be aware not any night life around hotels you’d enjoy and some parts of that area are dicey.

If you want a local to tour you around, let me know. Can meet up when you settle in and give suggestions. LFT had tons of night life in Down Town and River Ranch and easy to get around. Just respond if you need help. Lots of people here would do it at the drop of a hat. Good luck, hope to see many App fans here. Going to be nice day. Wife and I going to game about 2 hrs early. Tailgaters will feed you till you can’t eat any more.

ShagNC
School: Appalachian State

Re: Traveling to Lafayette for CCG?

Unread post by ShagNC » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 am

I'm not going to the game, but thank you for taking the time to write this out! I'd love to make a trip down to Lafayette at some point for a game though, I've heard nothing but great things about your fanbase.
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

Garmen1960

Unread post by Garmen1960 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:56 am

Any time. Thanks. Going to be a good game...

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:53 am

We decided to stay in Baton Rouge. Can you provide insights on parking? I would like to be walking distance to stadium.

And thanks for post.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:28 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:53 am
We decided to stay in Baton Rouge. Can you provide insights on parking? I would like to be walking distance to stadium.

And thanks for post.
Did you see the email about the bus from the team hotel in BR to the game?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:46 am

I did not. We are at embassy suites. I will go review.
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:46 am
The Embassy suites is across the Interstate from the team hotel. There is a Tru hotel within walking distance for around $100 a night. I am cancelling my rental as soon as I get a confirmation that the bus is a go.

Garmen1960

Unread post by Garmen1960 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Ok, if your staying at the Embassy Suites or Marriot in BTR you are probably at the one on I-10 and College. Just north of I-10 on Corporate Dr. there is a big retail complex with lots of places to eat and enjoy. More commercial grade places. Closer to LSU on Highland, there is Sammy’s Grill, great local food. On Perkins road, under I-10, not far from your staying, there are a bunch of restaurants and bars you could bar hop and eat all night. There is Walk On’s and Louie’s Cafe at the LSU Campus (local owned and good). Go to Louie’s for breakfast and you’ll be entertained by the one of a kind chef, Frenchy. He’s a riot, talks non stop while he cooks open grill in front of you. If you like Pizza, calzones, the Past Time lounge downtown under the Miss River Bridge. There is also TJ Ribs on Acadian just an exit away from where you are staying. Just make sure the bus leaves early enough to get you to LFT for some good tailgating. Hope this helps.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:52 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 am
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:46 am
The Embassy suites is across the Interstate from the team hotel. There is a Tru hotel within walking distance for around $100 a night. I am cancelling my rental as soon as I get a confirmation that the bus is a go.
Thanks
#99ForPresident!!

85gradinATL

Unread post by 85gradinATL » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Thanks for the info! I've been wanting to visit Lafayette for years, since I starting reading James Lee Burke. Looking forward to a lot of seafood, good hospitality and a great football game!

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm

As for parking, there is a large grass lot right across the street from the stadium.

vekin16486

Unread post by vekin16486 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:29 pm

Long time peruser, first time poster

I live in Baton Rouge and went to the first game (it was tough), he are some things I noticed the first time.

*Section O is where all the App fans were sitting
*I'd just buy a GA ticket at the gate and sit there, nobody checks tickets or anything. GA is 20-25 bucks
*Parking is free across from the stadium, takes about 30 mins from parking to seat since its difficult to cross the road (barricades)
*Food is terrible, everything is cheap frozen food made by college students. Highly recommend eating before you go
*Beer is plentiful and cheap which is typical for Louisiana
*Kidd Brewer is way more modern that Cajun field, we should be proud of out facilities.

Hope any of this helps, Go App!

FrankyP
School: Other

Unread post by FrankyP » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:01 am

Garmen1960 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm
Ok, if your staying at the Embassy Suites or Marriot in BTR you are probably at the one on I-10 and College. Just north of I-10 on Corporate Dr. there is a big retail complex with lots of places to eat and enjoy. More commercial grade places. Closer to LSU on Highland, there is Sammy’s Grill, great local food. On Perkins road, under I-10, not far from your staying, there are a bunch of restaurants and bars you could bar hop and eat all night. There is Walk On’s and Louie’s Cafe at the LSU Campus (local owned and good). Go to Louie’s for breakfast and you’ll be entertained by the one of a kind chef, Frenchy. He’s a riot, talks non stop while he cooks open grill in front of you. If you like Pizza, calzones, the Past Time lounge downtown under the Miss River Bridge. There is also TJ Ribs on Acadian just an exit away from where you are staying. Just make sure the bus leaves early enough to get you to LFT for some good tailgating. Hope this helps.
So, am I understanding this right? The team is staying in BTR? Why is this, when there is a nice Hilton GI, directly across the street from Cajun Field? That's where most visiting teams stay, our at the Doubletree. Plus, if you are not staying in Lafayette, you are missing a lot. The 2 cities can't compare with food/music/people, etc.!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:05 pm

May have something to do when Clark mentioned they were going to do some things different than the last trip to switch it up.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 pm

Business trip

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 pm

I've visited Lafayette but never been to Cajun Field and especially not with the Mountaineers playing. We have 3 going via Delta from ATL directly to Lafayette staying at the Fairfield Inn (special deal). Can't wait to get down there!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:26 pm

FrankyP wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:01 am
Garmen1960 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm
So, am I understanding this right? The team is staying in BTR? Why is this, when there is a nice Hilton GI, directly across the street from Cajun Field? That's where most visiting teams stay, our at the Doubletree. Plus, if you are not staying in Lafayette, you are missing a lot. The 2 cities can't compare with food/music/people, etc.!
The team typically stays nowhere near the facility. They need a place to get away from all the extra stuff going on. The team couldn't care less about all that other stuff. Even when we were FCS we stayed a good ways away from the stadium.
WE ARE YOSEF!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:29 pm

The Louisiana team usually stays at the Hilton Garden Inn the night before the game. We stayed there the first time we played in Lafayette and they were having team meetings all throughout the lobby. Great place to stay if you get in there and the tailgate experience is first rate. Almost as good as ours.

GoBlack&Gold

Unread post by GoBlack&Gold » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:33 pm

Thanks for the information. My son is special needs and requires canes or a walker to get around. What handicap areas do they have at the stadium. We have not make reservations yet as we are still on the fence about making the trip. Thanks in advance. Jim Banks

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:19 pm

biggie wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:05 pm
May have something to do when Clark mentioned they were going to do some things different than the last trip to switch it up.
We stayed in BR the first game. I'm not sure why either. Its at least an hour bus ride.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”