Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Brice returning

kornegaylw
School: Appalachian State

Re: Brice returning

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:10 pm
Sorry Kornegaylw - I totally disagree with your view of Cam
Fine.

Please tell me why, other than he is a power RB, he is better than Jalin Moore, Marcus WIlliams Jr, Darrynton Evans, Daetrich Harrington & Nate Noel?

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:59 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Fine.

Please tell me why, other than he is a power RB, he is better than Jalin Moore, Marcus WIlliams Jr, Darrynton Evans, Daetrich Harrington & Nate Noel?
Of that group, I always thought that Jalin Moore was the best. He was a beast and such a shame with that injury at Ark st. I thought he had the most upside for NFL

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:05 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Fine.

There is nothing in your original post nor mine that compares him to any other APP RBs - All I said was that I didn't agree with your assessment of Cam
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:05 pm

One word -production.Give me Settle , Cox , Moore or Evans .As to Brice , give him a much improved O line or he might as well move on.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Glad to see Brice back but it makes me wonder how well we recruited over the last 3 years. Do we have anybody on campus now who can challenge Brice for the starting role. On the whole best back ever at App, we’ve had some good ones but it’s hands down Evans.

Yosef1986

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:28 pm

Agree with Mjohn1988 - hoped our recruiting would produce our next QB. Noting against Brice - competition is good for the team. Also agree on the O lIne - hoping for improvement - or at least some consistency.
Best RB - John Settle

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Glad to see Brice back but it makes me wonder how well we recruited over the last 3 years. Do we have anybody on campus now who can challenge Brice for the starting role. On the whole best back ever at App, we’ve had some good ones but it’s hands down Evans.

John Settle or Armanti Edwards.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Yosef1986 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:28 pm
Agree with Mjohn1988 - hoped our recruiting would produce our next QB. Noting against Brice - competition is good for the team. Also agree on the O lIne - hoping for improvement - or at least some consistency.
Best RB - John Settle
I think I still have a footprint on my chest from John. Great guy!!

asumba95

Unread post by asumba95 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:17 am

will chase throw to the tight end next year?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:01 am

While I believe that Chase did a great job overall this year isn’t it time to move on with some other guys? The super seniors we have for one more game all had fine careers but if this program can’t regroup and move forward with players in waiting we are in trouble. I’m hoping that we can reload next year but if we became so dependent on the older guys we are staring at 6-6.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:20 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 pm
biggie wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:42 am
Apparently Clark said this on XM this morning. I didn't hear it but has been reported by others.

Seems a little weird to announce it there, but I'll just hope its true.
Brice is 100% coming back. Had been hearing that for a while and DMed with some others on here about it. Was just waiting for Clark or Brice to confirm. Expect Steven Jones to come out with it next. He has been getting heavy NFL interest this fall but likely would be a PFA so I think he has a chance to improve his stock.

Hearing a few on defense may graduate and go into work force but some others are returning. Some who walked on Senior Day will ultimately return like last year.

D'Marco Jackson is gone to NFL for sure. There are rumblings around that Peoples is gone as well. I would be surprised if Peoples and Hodges don't at least ask the NFL Advisory Board for paperwork to see where they stand. Peoples has struggled to stay healthy at App and he may very well attempt the NFL before he gets injured again and I don't blame him. I personally think he could improve his stock heavily by returning to college football for one more year but he should ask to see where he stands.
Can someone smarter than me please explain how Cam Peoples is marketable at another school or in the NFL? I've watched every snap he has played at App and he has not improved from his freshman year. Yes he is a powerful runner and great on the goal line but he has little to no lateral movement and what I would consider poor vision and patience. He is not impressively fast or quick either. He struggles to stay healthy which I would attribute to not hitting holes as much as he could. He has 5 career receptions so I am not confident he can catch either. And lastly at times I get the sense he is more interested in the limelight than others.

Please understand my intention is not to say bad things about this guy but I do question just how valuable he is.
Can someone smarter than me please explain how Brice is getting heavy NFL interest?

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:25 am

bcoach wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:20 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 pm
biggie wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:42 am
Apparently Clark said this on XM this morning. I didn't hear it but has been reported by others.

Seems a little weird to announce it there, but I'll just hope its true.
Brice is 100% coming back. Had been hearing that for a while and DMed with some others on here about it. Was just waiting for Clark or Brice to confirm. Expect Steven Jones to come out with it next. He has been getting heavy NFL interest this fall but likely would be a PFA so I think he has a chance to improve his stock.

Hearing a few on defense may graduate and go into work force but some others are returning. Some who walked on Senior Day will ultimately return like last year.

D'Marco Jackson is gone to NFL for sure. There are rumblings around that Peoples is gone as well. I would be surprised if Peoples and Hodges don't at least ask the NFL Advisory Board for paperwork to see where they stand. Peoples has struggled to stay healthy at App and he may very well attempt the NFL before he gets injured again and I don't blame him. I personally think he could improve his stock heavily by returning to college football for one more year but he should ask to see where he stands.
Can someone smarter than me please explain how Cam Peoples is marketable at another school or in the NFL? I've watched every snap he has played at App and he has not improved from his freshman year. Yes he is a powerful runner and great on the goal line but he has little to no lateral movement and what I would consider poor vision and patience. He is not impressively fast or quick either. He struggles to stay healthy which I would attribute to not hitting holes as much as he could. He has 5 career receptions so I am not confident he can catch either. And lastly at times I get the sense he is more interested in the limelight than others.

Please understand my intention is not to say bad things about this guy but I do question just how valuable he is.
Can someone smarter than me please explain how Brice is getting heavy NFL interest?
lol I see what you did there

This is a very thin year for QBs and Chase is a 2 year starter with good size, good arm strength, mobile enough and good leader. Its easy to see why sports writers who don't watch our games like what they see.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:47 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:01 am
While I believe that Chase did a great job overall this year isn’t it time to move on with some other guys? The super seniors we have for one more game all had fine careers but if this program can’t regroup and move forward with players in waiting we are in trouble. I’m hoping that we can reload next year but if we became so dependent on the older guys we are staring at 6-6.
With the transfer protocol, who knows how the future looks with players in waiting vs. bringing in a steady mix of juniors and seniors (not just at our program, but at any program).

Here's a great reason that Brice is returning vs. bringing in a new starter: We currently open up next year with UNC, at Texas A&M and at Marshall. UNC will already have played their first game vs. Florida A&M prior to traveling to Boone. Compared to a brand new QB AND a brand new WR corps (in regards to starting roles, chemistry, etc), having an experienced QB who has played in front of big crowds may be our best chance. I know ZT played great at Penn State in his first start, but that's not always the case.
Last edited by WASU 93 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:29 pm

Talking about top backs, don’t forget K. Richardson, who started as a walk-on.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:08 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:47 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:01 am
With the transfer protocol, who knows how the future looks with players in waiting vs. bringing in a steady mix of juniors and seniors (not just at our program, but at any program).

Here's a great reason that Brice is returning vs. bringing in a new starter: We currently open up next year with UNC, at Texas A&M and at Marshall. UNC will already have played their first game vs. Florida A&M prior to traveling to Boone. Compared to a brand new QB AND a brand new WR corps (in regards to starting roles, chemistry, etc), having an experienced QB who has played in front of big crowds may be our best chance. I know ZT played great at Penn State in his first start, but that's not always the case.
I would love to win those three games but conference championships are what is important to me. Those three game could be used to get a new QB going. Look I have nothing personal against the guy but we need someone who is more consistent. His individual stats mean absolutely nothing to me. Team wins are what is important. Ten wins are great but we didn't win the important one. I don't question his heart. He ran like never before. He was trying to make it happen. It is his ability to be consistent that has me bothered. But the decision has been made I guess so we wait one more year to see if one of out backups can play more than two downs and two handoffs.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:32 pm

I agree bcoach but more so we need a QB that will be with us as we rebuild over the next couple of years.I'm ready to move on with the process.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:39 pm

Under the hypothetical situation that we went with one of the younger kids, would you guys be OK with a 6-6 season next year?

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:47 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:39 pm
Under the hypothetical situation that we went with one of the younger kids, would you guys be OK with a 6-6 season next year?
Excellent question.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:48 pm

If it postions us for a couple of championship runs the obvious answer is yes. I also want to see the redshirt o linemen in action. The guys that played Saturday got beat like rented mules. Coach will have to figure it out in the spring.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:57 pm

Bottom line is Coach Clark, you know, the guy that runs the program, brought Chase in knowing he had two years of eligibility left. It stands to reason that it's Chase's choice to stay or go, just like any other player. That being said, he'll have to win the position in the spring. I don't think it's fair to wish away a good QB just because we feel like we're "ready to move on." What does that mean anyway? I'm ready to keep winning and if that means Chase Brice is still QB1 then that's fine with me. It is not the college football coach's job to keep players (or fans) happy with playing time. The job is to win games. It's a hard job and we're fortunate enough to have coaches now and in the past who can win. If we have any "problems" they are first world football problems. Imagine what it must be like to be a Georgia Southern fan right now. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even in the best of times in Statesboro.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”