Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Brice returning

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Brice returning

Unread post by biggie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:42 am

Apparently Clark said this on XM this morning. I didn't hear it but has been reported by others.

Seems a little weird to announce it there, but I'll just hope its true.

biggie
Site Admin

Re: Brice returning

Unread post by biggie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:02 pm

See that Brice retweeted one tweet saying he was returning.

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:17 pm

biggie wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:42 am
Apparently Clark said this on XM this morning. I didn't hear it but has been reported by others.

Listening to the replay now; it's true, Brice is coming back.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 pm

biggie wrote:

Brice is 100% coming back. Had been hearing that for a while and DMed with some others on here about it. Was just waiting for Clark or Brice to confirm. Expect Steven Jones to come out with it next. He has been getting heavy NFL interest this fall but likely would be a PFA so I think he has a chance to improve his stock.

Hearing a few on defense may graduate and go into work force but some others are returning. Some who walked on Senior Day will ultimately return like last year.

D'Marco Jackson is gone to NFL for sure. There are rumblings around that Peoples is gone as well. I would be surprised if Peoples and Hodges don't at least ask the NFL Advisory Board for paperwork to see where they stand. Peoples has struggled to stay healthy at App and he may very well attempt the NFL before he gets injured again and I don't blame him. I personally think he could improve his stock heavily by returning to college football for one more year but he should ask to see where he stands.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:59 pm

brianowen wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:17 pm
biggie wrote:

Listening to the replay now; it's true, Brice is coming back.
Link to replay, I couldn't find it.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Brice is probably happy about his successful status and the football environment at APP. Glad to hear he's going to be back, as Hennigan alluded to the talented group of receivers that are on deck.
BLACK SATURDAY

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:41 pm

Not sure what the rules are on practicing on their own but hope Brice and all the returning WRs/TEs get as much practice in as possible before the spring practice.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:51 pm

biggie wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:41 pm
Not sure what the rules are on practicing on their own but hope Brice and all the returning WRs/TEs get as much practice in as possible before the spring practice.
Agree 100%, and hopefully as will the new guys on Defense too. :lol:
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:08 pm

biggie wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:41 pm
Agree 100%, and hopefully as will the new guys on Defense too. :lol:
BLACK SATURDAY

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:20 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 pm
biggie wrote:

Brice is 100% coming back. Had been hearing that for a while and DMed with some others on here about it. Was just waiting for Clark or Brice to confirm. Expect Steven Jones to come out with it next. He has been getting heavy NFL interest this fall but likely would be a PFA so I think he has a chance to improve his stock.

Hearing a few on defense may graduate and go into work force but some others are returning. Some who walked on Senior Day will ultimately return like last year.

D'Marco Jackson is gone to NFL for sure. There are rumblings around that Peoples is gone as well. I would be surprised if Peoples and Hodges don't at least ask the NFL Advisory Board for paperwork to see where they stand. Peoples has struggled to stay healthy at App and he may very well attempt the NFL before he gets injured again and I don't blame him. I personally think he could improve his stock heavily by returning to college football for one more year but he should ask to see where he stands.
Can someone smarter than me please explain how Cam Peoples is marketable at another school or in the NFL? I've watched every snap he has played at App and he has not improved from his freshman year. Yes he is a powerful runner and great on the goal line but he has little to no lateral movement and what I would consider poor vision and patience. He is not impressively fast or quick either. He struggles to stay healthy which I would attribute to not hitting holes as much as he could. He has 5 career receptions so I am not confident he can catch either. And lastly at times I get the sense he is more interested in the limelight than others.

Please understand my intention is not to say bad things about this guy but I do question just how valuable he is.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:20 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
biggie wrote:

Can someone smarter than me please explain how Cam Peoples is marketable at another school or in the NFL? I've watched every snap he has played at App and he has not improved from his freshman year. Yes he is a powerful runner and great on the goal line but he has little to no lateral movement and what I would consider poor vision and patience. He is not impressively fast or quick either. He struggles to stay healthy which I would attribute to not hitting holes as much as he could. He has 5 career receptions so I am not confident he can catch either. And lastly at times I get the sense he is more interested in the limelight than others.

Please understand my intention is not to say bad things about this guy but I do question just how valuable he is.
https://fansided.com/2021/05/13/nfl-dra ... -willis/3/
BLACK SATURDAY

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
biggie wrote:

https://fansided.com/2021/05/13/nfl-dra ... -willis/3/
Thanks for the link. That guys assessment of Peoples is just a positive version of what I just said.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Sorry Kornegaylw - I totally disagree with your view of Cam
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 pm

I am neutral on Cam. When he is healthy and ready, he is effective and fun to watch. But too many times, he is just out there. 5 receptions is a shockingly low number. We always have good backs. I want to see these other guys tote it.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:30 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
biggie wrote:

Peoples is the most talented RB we have ever had but durability and vision are two things that he will have to answer for sure. One thing that I think we have done that he could not if he was the only guy instead of a stable of backs is that he would have to come back from injury quicker than he does with us. When he got hurt he was able to sit 1-2 weeks longer to ensure he was 100% instead of rushing him back. If he is the feature back he would not have that luxury.

The vision issue is hit or miss. He will show patience and make a great run after he has run into a wall several times.

Hopefully Harrington returns if we lose Peoples but I would much prefer we bring both back along with Smith, Castle, and Noel. Peoples, Harrington, and Noel have to be the best trio in the G5 level. All of them can go for 100 yards and break long runs.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:37 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 pm
I am neutral on Cam. When he is healthy and ready, he is effective and fun to watch. But too many times, he is just out there. 5 receptions is a shockingly low number. We always have good backs. I want to see these other guys tote it.
Indeed. I would think NFL teams want to see him catch the ball more and pass block. Someone will draft him for sure because of his physical tools but if he could clean up a few things he could end up being a top 100 pick. He has that much upside.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:41 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:37 pm
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 pm
Indeed. I would think NFL teams want to see him catch the ball more and pass block. Someone will draft him for sure because of his physical tools but if he could clean up a few things he could end up being a top 100 pick. He has that much upside.
A positive trait that he has is that he runs hard and with determination in the red zone. It is rare that the first or second tackler brings him down on those carries.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:36 am

In Brice I Trust!! Great News
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:45 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:10 pm
Sorry Kornegaylw - I totally disagree with your view of Cam
Yes, he may not be an all purpose back, but he is fast AF and always has the defense playing tight. If he gets to the 2nd level, he’s gone.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:12 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:30 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
biggie wrote:

Peoples is the most talented RB we have ever had but durability and vision are two things that he will have to answer for sure. One thing that I think we have done that he could not if he was the only guy instead of a stable of backs is that he would have to come back from injury quicker than he does with us. When he got hurt he was able to sit 1-2 weeks longer to ensure he was 100% instead of rushing him back. If he is the feature back he would not have that luxury.

The vision issue is hit or miss. He will show patience and make a great run after he has run into a wall several times.

Hopefully Harrington returns if we lose Peoples but I would much prefer we bring both back along with Smith, Castle, and Noel. Peoples, Harrington, and Noel have to be the best trio in the G5 level. All of them can go for 100 yards and break long runs.
Darrynton Evans was a better all around back. Faster, better vision, better moves, better hands & patient.

The rest of what you said I agree with 100%

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”