Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

KBS Expansion?

hotrod2001
School: Appalachian State

KBS Expansion?

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:16 pm

Was listening to the Ragin' Cajun podcast this evening which had Doug Gillen on as a special guest. During the interview he had mentioned that he has been trying to figure out expansion of KBS. Does anyone have an idea of what types of expansion is being discussed?

AppStateNews

Re: KBS Expansion?

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:46 pm

Likely connecting the two sides via the North Endzone. That's been the ultimate goal.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

DontPlayWithYosef

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:04 am

My options would be either be a towering third deck on the east side (works at UGA) or to partially fill in south side up to scoreboard on both sides still leaving a hill in the middle.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:44 pm

I really think we need to level the east side and start new, make it more consistent with the West side. I always found it fully that so many complained that the track made us look like high school but no one ever mentions the aluminum bleachers that Cobb quickly got up to take advantage of our attendance increases. I think a new east side that resembles the west would be a huge improvement. It gives the ability for a lot of seats and those all important club seats and boxes. Once that is done, we can look toward connecting both sides to the north end zone facility.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:52 pm

They got our AD on the podcast? Our B&G boys had some goon who was more interested in watching FBI on TV.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Whatever it is better include major improvements in our concessions situation. Its currently embarrassing how bad it is.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:08 pm

Personally, I think we should forget about expansion until we find the money to create or finish the 105 track facility and find the money to field a Men's Soccer Team and also find away to make the soccer/track facility easily accessibel 105 is a nightmare to get on and off it. I don't expect anyone to agree as I'm one of the few who value a T&F program/facility as well as Soccer as much as I do giving up the KBS track and adding more seating and arguably frills to KBS. Heck we added beer concessions without giving a thought to not creating long/longer lines for people trying simply to get sodas and hot dogs. Progress has its pros and cons, but Geez. Cart before the horse.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:58 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:08 pm
Personally, I think we should forget about expansion until we find the money to create or finish the 105 track facility and find the money to field a Men's Soccer Team and also find away to make the soccer/track facility easily accessibel 105 is a nightmare to get on and off it. I don't expect anyone to agree as I'm one of the few who value a T&F program/facility as well as Soccer as much as I do giving up the KBS track and adding more seating and arguably frills to KBS. Heck we added beer concessions without giving a thought to not creating long/longer lines for people trying simply to get sodas and hot dogs. Progress has its pros and cons, but Geez. Cart before the horse.
T&F facility is almost complete...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:35 pm

There needs to be a walkway/balcony built above the concession lines on the west side in the massive void of empty space below the seats. There could be stairs to access it from either end and the middle so fans can transverse the stadium bypassing the jammed lines below. This would also make it much much safer in the event of an emergency evacuation. Essentially doubling the capacity of movement by making it a double deck sidewalk.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:23 pm

Priorities:

1. Complete 105 T&F Complex (which is going to be really nice!)
2. Repair/replace East Stands which look like Bombs over Baghdad.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:03 pm

I have heard two things about East side expansion: more box seats (suites) along top where the black boxes are now; remove black boxes and add new deck.
Bring Your A Game!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:07 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:58 pm
NewApp wrote:

Good. How do the stands look? Hopefully the facility is good quality considering how seemingly fast this has been done. Fingers crossed.
Google SUX

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:50 pm

Bowl in Miller hill , mimic the west side stands problem solved.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:03 am

Personally, I love the upper deck of the East Side. It puts the fans closer to the field than the top of the west side.
From an aesthetics standpoint. Flip the cameras to the top of the East side (might be a better angle and that puts our students in the screen. The ramps could be reworked and the concessions and bathrooms could be double decked on both sides beneath the stands.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:14 am

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:44 pm
I really think we need to level the east side and start new, make it more consistent with the West side. I always found it fully that so many complained that the track made us look like high school but no one ever mentions the aluminum bleachers that Cobb quickly got up to take advantage of our attendance increases. I think a new east side that resembles the west would be a huge improvement. It gives the ability for a lot of seats and those all important club seats and boxes. Once that is done, we can look toward connecting both sides to the north end zone facility.
This. The aluminum and chain link fence has to go.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:00 pm

Add seats to Miller Hill, if it rains and we have 30,000 people that is going to become a mess.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:28 pm

I would like to see us elevate a spot out the bottom of Miller hill and make it a young Alumni zone. Raise it about 5 feet from the playing surface and flatten it out for a sort of “dog pound” spot. Invite the graduating Yosef Club members to buy into the zone and keep them coming back to games. They will eventually opt out for actually seats and you just rotate in a new crop of recent grads. I would also cove the entire hill in field turf to make it functional on wet days.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:16 pm

Prior to this year, thought your idea on you g alumni may be good idea. My thoughts have changed....if we have the student support like we had this year (Miller Hill) full of students, I would like to keep for students.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:14 am

AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Beer has no impact whatsoever on soda line

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:47 am

appbio91 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:14 am
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Beer has no impact whatsoever on soda line
Had beer not been added, more windows for sodas and hot dogs could have been used.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”